Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    But if I remember correctly, that wasn't a challenge where the ingredients/dish were assigned, but was one of his own creation.

vCash
    Hmmm, well, hadn't meant to belabor CJ's elimination (wasn't "that" big a deal), but I had to look this up to remember what was piss-offable about it. As such: CJ's "last choice" was that of the protein (either last or 2nd to last of the six cheftestants). Then, after the rinky dink airport hot stations kitchen didn't allow his broccolini to cook properly, CJ had decided to leave it off of the plate ... but was told by PTB that it had to stay on. Out of nowhere "rule" that has not been enforced before or after. If allowed to leave it off, he'd have surely been given a pass.

So, it was the overall randomness of CJ's auffing that pissed me off. The challenge itself was like Project Runway contestants having to produce designs from car parts while sewing on one of those $19.99 hand sewing machines from late night TV. Lots of luck involved.

vCash
    You and Padma both, Beefcake. I remember that elimination because a) I liked CJ and b) there were tears--many, many single tears--in Padma's eyes. Her voice had that I'm a professional, as the host this is my job, sucking it up and dealing quality to it. At the time, I felt worse for Padma than I did CJ.

It made me wonder how much of a voice Padma has in the judging, or if she goes to the Padma Corner while the real judges deliberate.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    It's hard to argue to keep a guy when your co-host has just called said guy's broccolini the single worst dish in Top Chef history through its then-three seasons. Methinks that Padma really likes being flirted with when it's a good-looking, charming man doing the flirting.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    OMG! How tall was CJ? I just saw a video of him standing in line with about 5 other contestants from season 3 and he absolutely towers over every single one of them. Maybe Padma was wanting to hit that? lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I think she teared up when Sam was eliminated in season 2. Padma does get attached to some of the cheftestants.

vCash
    Padma starts getting emotional during the last 2 or 3 eliminations almost every season.

vCash
    Padma starts getting emotional during the last 2 or 3 eliminations almost every season.
    And yet she sounds so emotionless during many of the final announcements of who is Top Chef.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    And yet she sounds so emotionless during many of the final announcements of who is Top Chef.
    Padma, bless her heart, is not an actress ... cannot hide that her "congratulations" are more often bedgrudging congratulations!

Think about it. Most of the winners were NOT the best chefs, nor the best during the season, nor judges' favorites ... but rather had a great final couple of days while the favorites inexplicably stumbled.

I'd have to hold my nose and choke out congratulations, too, to announce Harold (over Tiffani), Ilan (over Sam), Stephanie (over Richard), Kevin (over Angelo), and, especially, Hosea (over Carla ... or anyone).

vCash
    I'd have to hold my nose and choke out congratulations, too, to announce Harold (over Tiffani), Ilan (over Sam), Stephanie (over Richard), Kevin (over Angelo), and, especially, Hosea (over Carla ... or anyone).
    My thoughts, as well.

I wonder what will surprise us this seasom.

vCash
    Wow...Jenn is pissed off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Wow...Jenn is pissed off!
    Yikes, Jenn just gave the judges the business. I'd hate to see her go home, but that's what it seems like is going to happen.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Jen did herself no favors coming back this season. She's been sucking lemon juice. Loved her on her original season, but she's way too impressed with herself now. Bring back the losing Voltagio!!!

vCash
    Last week was entertaining, but predicatable. This week...they got me. I'm amazed and will tune in for sure.

vCash
    All Jen's drunken raving aside, there was a good chance she was going home. Her dish was bad; even her teammates didn't like it before the challenge. Jen seems to have a very self-destructive personality. I wonder what happened to the competent, confident woman that hurded all of Season 6 into putting on one of its most well-run, well-done early group challenges? (Buffet for some type of military thingy) She bears no resemblence to this sad shade.

Oh well. Maybe she'll use this time to ponder what's truly important, like grace, humilitiy...shampoo.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    what was wrong with Jen? lack of sleep? she was acting so odd!

vCash
    I loved Jen in her season, but her behavior was really odd tonight. Weirdly enough, I didn't like Tiffani F. in her season, but I'm rooting for her this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    I loved Jen in her season, but her behavior was really odd tonight. Weirdly enough, I didn't like Tiffani F. in her season, but I'm rooting for her this season.
    I'm one of the few people that liked Tiffani in her season, so I'm totally rooting for her to take the win this time.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I loved Tiffani in her season and in every special since. She was serious and focused and wanted to get a job done, and the others in her season didn't like that, and

Whoa Jen!!! She was channeling some of Season 1 Tiffani at Judges Panel today. I actually kind of liked her fighting back, and I honestly can't say I disagree with a lot of what that team said. Obviously I didn't/couldn't taste the food, but I have to agree with a lot of what she said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I wonder what happened to the competent, confident woman that hurded all of Season 6 into putting on one of its most well-run, well-done early group challenges? (Buffet for some type of military thingy) She bears no resemblence to this sad shade.
    I seem to remember her kind of falling apart the last three or four weeks of her season. She kind of went out with a wimper. Maybe she overcompensated this time? I don't know, but it was weird. She was behaving very strangely. Also, the judges don't like it when the chefs don't realize what they did wrong. Those judges know if an egg is underseasoned. Since the frittata team seemed kind of screwed by the over and it wouldn't be very fair to hold them responsible for that, it seemed like it was going to be either Jen or Tre who went home and at least Tre recognized the flaw in his dish even if he didn't correct it.

I liked Jamie and her food her season, but I get the sense that she doesn't want to be there now. I don't think she's going to be around very long.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast