Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    vCash
    I hate this new format for Top Chef Masters. The latest episode was especially pretty bad. The chefs got put into a kitchen that didn't have enough burners for everyone nor enough space, so one person had to deep-fry rather than pan-fry his veal and another couldn't finish in time, just due to lack of space. I don't like these twists even in Top Chef but they are unacceptable in Top Chef Masters IMO. What was the veal guy supposed to do, throw someone else's food on the ground so that he could pan-fry his veal? And that would have demonstrated that he's a worthy top chef?? I think Top Chef Masters should be about the quality of the food only, and the chefs should be provided with working conditions in which they can execute their vision without worrying about burner space and insufficient equipment. Unlike the Top Chef contestants, the Masters contestants all run very successful restaurants, so we KNOW that they can handle culinary/executive curveballs. That does not need to be tested again on this show.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    My bf and I were LIVID that they were put in a kitchen without enough space. We like when they throw a curve ball but that is just wrong. How can someone be expected to serve you a good dish when he can't even cook it? How can you expect a nice looking plate when there is no room and plating has to be done on the ground? Why would they ever chose a place too small? It did not make for good TV, it made for bad results.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I don't know why they chose to use such a small, inadequately equipped kitchen, either.
    I agree; that for TCM; it should really be about how the dishes taste, rather than how well the chefs cope with poor conditions.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I just now realized that people are discussing TC Masters here.

Go Celina!!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    How can you expect a nice looking plate when there is no room and plating has to be done on the ground?
    Ugh yeah, I forgot about that. Talk about unsanitary!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I just now realized that people are discussing TC Masters here.
    Sorry, that is my fault. Maybe a new thread for the next episode?

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Go Celina!!
    She did really well in The Next Iron Chef, making it to the 2nd to last episode. So she should do well here - seems like that'd be good practice for Top Chef Masters.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I was at the lack of space in the kitchen. I felt bad for Sevir (how do spell his name?) I've never heard of deep fried veal and was when he said that was what he was going to have to do. I am over who the kitchen "divas" are that he mentioned at the judges table. I really thought he would be the one to go as his food sounded inedible. I guess he was saved by Sue not even completing her dish.

Naomi was on my last nerve last week, but wasn't shown much this episode. I liked that!

All in all, I don't mind this format but it is weird to me that they have the elimination right in the location where they cooked.

vCash
    Did anyone watch last night? I'm curious as to whether the whole show is about cooking bugs or just the quickfire...

vCash
    I watched it and I've already forgotten most of it. Only the quickfire involved bugs. IIRC the elimination challenge was about coping with curveballs - suddenly there's no water, the chefs have to do the service because at the last minute the waiters don't show up, etc.

vCash
    Is anyone watching tonight? The female judge (host?) could not be hitting on the sexy Australian host anymore if she tried. Get you some, girl!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I just watched last week's Biggest Loser show. Is anyone else bored w/ these people? I guess that would explain the lack of posts in this thread.

vCash
    I really don't care much for Masters edition so far. My bf loves this show (anything with cooking, actually) so it is always on but after about 5 minutes I find myself somewhere on the internet. It just doesn't click with me and I think it has something to do with the contestants. Using tested professionals doesn't work so well in this format, for me.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I really don't care much for Masters edition so far. My bf loves this show (anything with cooking, actually) so it is always on but after about 5 minutes I find myself somewhere on the internet. It just doesn't click with me and I think it has something to do with the contestants. Using tested professionals doesn't work so well in this format, for me.
    I think it was a million times better in the previous format. I suppose they're trying to amp up the but it makes me

vCash
    I gave up on it, tried to watch it again tonight and gave up again.

Is the unibrow still on?

vCash
    Unibrow is still there.

I think I heard a judge mention Adam Levine's name in a preview for next week! I will watch for his sexiness. Maybe they can serve sushi on his naked body.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Is the unibrow still on?
    Yes, and as annoying as ever! His voice drives me to .

I knew it'd be bye bye George, but boy his dish must have been bad because Celina's sure was looking!
    Creating drama!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Celina posted something on FB today about what she made, and said the lamb wrap was several of the guests' favorite course
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    The judges sure didn't seem impressed, although it sounded intriguing and different to me.
    While this season isn't as good as last - the chefs aren't as interesting - I'll keep watching.

vCash
    This season is just boring the hell out of me... I think the change of format has really done a disservice to it.

vCash
    I just watched the fast food episode. I think they got the bottom 3 right and would have been okay w/ either George or Selina going home. I have to admit I was kind of hoping it would be Selina, as I find her extremely annoying. I can't articulate why, but nonetheless she annoys me. At the beginning of the episode I was wondering how Mary Sue has managed to make it this far seeing as she seems to be at the bottom in many quickfires and elimination challenges. But she really pulled it out tonight and I was happy that she won. (I guess she won another time when she was plating an egg dish under a table?)

I do find this season boring and the insane challenges are not helping. This week's wasn't too bad, but next week they're cooking on a motorhome??????? Ridiculous.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast