Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

vCash
    It may be ridiculous for these TCM's to have to cook in a motorcoach kitchen.

However, some celebrities who tour have personal chefs who do this.
    Several have been featured on the Food Network.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It may be ridiculous for these TCM's to have to cook in a motorcoach kitchen.

However, some celebrities who tour have personal chefs who do this.
    Several have been featured on the Food Network.
    Yeah, but there's probably not 8 of them crammed in a motorhome.

vCash
    Okay so there weren't 8 of them crammed on a bus, but good grief one guy was cooking in the bathroom. And can anyone explain why Celina is still on? I thought she would out this week.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think Celina is clearly one of the weakest chefs on there BUT she is lucky enough to always be better than at least 1 person. As they get lower in numbers she will not be so lucky. I predict she goes in the next 2 weeks.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I don't think Celina is that weak. They loved her corn soup, but she was on the losing team, so the "critics" had to focus on the negatives (I really hate how at the "critics" table only good things were said about the winning team and only bad things were said about the losing team). Celina also made top 4 last year on The Next Iron Chef, beating out lots of other high powered chefs, so she's gotta have some real skills.

I can't believe the annoying uni-browed Canadian is still around after being eliminated in week 1. If I have to hear his voice much longer, I will .
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Celina did have the good corn soup. I think her personality is kind of ho-hum and that kind of comes across to me as weak. I don't know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post

I can't believe the annoying uni-browed Canadian is still around after being eliminated in week 1. If I have to hear his voice much longer, I will .
    I've eaten at his restaurant in Athens, GA and the food is really delicious...but yeah, he's super annoying.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Celina.

But, I must suck it up and admit that the annoying uni-browed Canadian had me several times tonight.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    How about Gael Greene casually talking about how she hooked up with Elvis?
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    How about Gael Greene casually talking about how she hooked up with Elvis?

vCash
    So happy that Hugh Acheson is finally gone. While he amused me in the previous episode, last night he was back to his super annoying self. And was it just me, or was he super defensive about being asked to actually learn a bit of science?
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I was glad to see him go too. And this is coming from a girl who goes to his place in Athens several times a year.

I realize that the challenges have been pretty cheesey this year, but his attitude generally stunk. Yes, he was snarky and funny. However, if you are going to compete in a show like this you have to be ready for the crap. If you are going to act like you are above it all, it takes what little enjoyment others can find in the experience away from them. Hello! Even Hubert Keller had to cook in a dorm room during his season.

A science related challenge isn't exactly the culinary challenge they were expecting, but it was what it was. Respect what you've signed on for and do it or walk away. The whole passive aggressive thing was annoying.

In the past I've enjoyed TCM more than TC because of the personalities and attitudes. In general they don't get attitudes with each other over small things (some exceptions) and they don't freak out at the challenges. They do them and even laugh at themselves in the process (using the shower for the pasta). The whole mood of this season seems stifled and off. The first two seasons showed us more of the reasons why the cheftestants were "masters" compared to a regular Top Chef season. This time not so much.

I've now read the bios on the cheftestants, but honestly Bravo should have done a better job presenting their credentials on the show. I don't enjoy a show that I have to go out after and do homework to really appreciate it.

vCash
    Mary Sue, who I enjoyed for years on FN, has been surprisingly successful.
    I don't think that the "talent pool" this year is on quite the same level as earlier seasons.
    It seems as though they were/are trying to spotlight some younger chefs. (Naomi, Hugh) rather than "legends".

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425