Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Top Chef All-Stars: Unshockingly ends w/Cocky Elfin Lesbian Boy Genius victory

Top Chef All-Stars - kicks off Wednesday, 12/1

Lots of terrific chefs who didn't quite reach the Top in their first attempts are back for what just might be the franchise's best season ever.

Two Tiff's! Marcel the Molecular Maestro! Carla! and Fabio

And my guy Angelo. Angelo all the way for me (screw y'all who misinterpret his kindly motives!) ... but I'd also love to see Carla and/or either Tiff go deep into the season. Fabio too, if he promises to shave only every third day.

Where's my tall drink of water, CJ? Boycott!!!

First challenge is to re-do the dish you failed the worst with in your original season.

Elia Aboumrad; Season 2, final four an "all-star" - really? but CJ isn't?

Stephen Asprinio; Season 1, top five hasn't he made, like 15 appearances on TC since his season?

Richard Blais; Season 4 finalist

Jennifer Carroll; Season 6, final four the season I didn't watch

Tiffany Derry; Season 7, top five go Tiff #2

Tiffani Faison; Season 1 finalist well, she won a special shortie season and some big $$, but I'll still cheer for her here

Carla Hall; Season 5 finalist still over her bad day in the finals ... curses to Casey

Mike Isabella; Season 6, top seven

Jamie Lauren; Season 5, top seven

Dale Levitski; Season 3 finalist Dinosaur Dale ... a likely early boot, though

Antonia Lofaso; Season 4, final four

Spike Mendelsohn; Season 4, top five

Angelo Sosa; Season 7 finalist go swarthy smarmmeister!

Dale Talde; Season 4, top six

Casey Thompson; Season 3 finalist

Marcel Vigneron; Season 2 finalist

Fabio Viviani; Season 5, final four

Tre Wilcox; Season 3, top eight

vCash
    Go Tiffani Faison, Jennifer Carroll, and Richard Blais!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCirque View Post
    Go Tiffani Faison, Jennifer Carroll, and Richard Blais!
    Those are my favorite three as well. I'd also like to see Fabio, Jamie, and Carla do well. I have a feeling, though, that Tre will be out for blood in this one and he could take it for sure. After getting booted early from his season and then loosing in the finals of the Holiday challenge to Tiffany, I have a feeling that he is going to be really hungry for a win.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Top Chef!! I can't remember most of those folks by name or by season so I'll have to see the first episode to decide who to cheer for!

vCash
    Yey!! Go Richard and Angelo! IMO the best cooks not to win, well from what I got from the shows.
    Fabio is but Marcelo is

vCash
    I'm glad Carla, Jamie, and Jennifer are going to be there. I'm sure they'll try to create some drama with Carla and Casey, though.

Fabio is always entertaining. And Angelo is, er, interesting.

I was tired of Marcel by the end of his season and am even more sick of him now. I could do without him, Stephen, and Mike.

vCash
    Go Jennifer and Carla!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I'm glad Carla, Jamie, and Jennifer are going to be there. I'm sure they'll try to create some drama with Carla and Casey, though.
    I dont know, Carla and Casey appear to have buried the hatchet. Although, I don't really get why Casey thinks that she had no part in Carla losing.

vCash
    I swear, this whole season was created because they regret not giving Tiffany Faison the win. Bravo and Tom C. needs to get over that. They've brought her back so many times, it's ridiculous. I like Tiffany F. and am semi-rooting for her, but whenver there's a TC special, she's always on it, and her or her team always wins. There will be no single tear drop rolling down my cheek if she doesn't win. But if she does win, I'll be OK with that too.

Since CJ or Sam, who was definitely wuz-robbed of final two--I'm still how Ilan made it as far as he did, much less won--I hope this is the season of women kicking ass--Jennifer, Carla, Tiffanies, Casey, and Jamie all float my boat. I could do without Elia though. Good cook, but damned annoying. Of the men, the only two I'm rooting for heavily are Dale and Tre. I love Richard's personality so I hope he goes far, but I'm just not into molecular gastronomy, so I hope he doesn't win. I'm and really want Stephen or Marcel to be out first. I don't even think their personalities are that television-worthy. Marcel's still an angry child, Stephen's an arrogant asshate--if they wanted to stir up drama, I wish they would have brought back the "I'm not your bitch...bitch" guy. Or Stefan. WHY ISN'T STEFAN ON THIS SHOW?!!! Talk about the second worst decision in Top Chef history. Stefan, Jamie, and Fabio together again would be tons of fun. I'd love to see Tiffany F. and Stefan go at it too--that would be some

Why didn't they let ME cast TC? Though overall, I'm really pleased with these chefs. It's probably the best all-star casting I've ever seen on any reality TV show.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I dont know, Carla and Casey appear to have buried the hatchet. Although, I don't really get why Casey thinks that she had no part in Carla losing.
    Yeah, but that won't stop the producers from trying to create some drama. They don't choose the contestants just for their food.

vCash
    Did Hosea win Carla's season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I WHY ISN'T STEFAN ON THIS SHOW?!!! Talk about the second worst decision in Top Chef history. Stefan, Jamie, and Fabio together again would be tons of fun. I'd love to see Tiffany F. and Stefan go at it too--that would be some
    Yes, Stefan definitely deserved a spot. Who knows, maybe he got asked and turned it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Why didn't they let ME cast TC? Though overall, I'm really pleased with these chefs. It's probably the best all-star casting I've ever seen on any reality TV show.
    I agree, the cast is stellar. I could do without Spike and Mike Isabella. I also wonder why Stefan wasn't included, he would have been great drama. Speaking of Sam, why didn't he get chosen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Did Hosea win Carla's season?
    Yes.

I got the sense that Stefan was kind of tired of the show by the end of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to do another round. Not even to see Jamie.

vCash
    As to why Stefan might not have been invited back:

Tom Colicchio's take on Stefan in a TV Squad interview at the end of last season:

[TV Squad] Yeah, Stefan a couple of seasons ago as well. He blew it right at the very end.
    [Colicchio] Quite frankly, I thought he was playing over his head. I didn't think he would've made it that far.

[TV Squad] Oh really?
    [Colicchio] You have to understand something he's a cocky individual he's been around but I think a lot of people bought him for his own PR. I was actually surprised he made it that far.
    I haven't watched all of the seasons, but I would have much rather seen Kevin Gillespie or Brian Voltaggio come back than Mike Isabella.

Fabio Viviani is scarcely recognizable in that photograph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    As to why Stefan might not have been invited back:

Tom Colicchio's take on Stefan in a TV Squad interview at the end of last season:

I haven't watched all of the seasons, but I would have much rather seen Kevin Gillespie or Brian Voltaggio come back than Mike Isabella.

Fabio Viviani is scarcely recognizable in that photograph.
    True. So many great contestants to pick from, it's a great show.

vCash
    I'm rooting for Angelo and Richard!

vCash
    I think Kevin and Mike V. are probably very busy and don't think there's much to be gained from doing the show again.

Plus, I definitely don't think it's just food that is their criteria for choosing the all-stars. Personality and conflict are huge factors.

vCash
    Awesome group, can't wait!

vCash
    Agree that (even though I'd love to have had Sam or CJ in the cast) this is the best reality TV "all-star" edition casting* ever!

Or at least top two alongside the first Survivor AS season, which was almost perfectly cast, but then inexplicably fizzled out in mid-season.

Lamest? If only because of inventing the Eric/Dumbielle couplehood --Amazing Race All-Stars

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast