5 2.76%
  • Plushy not being there

0 0%
  • Other

9 4.97%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Alyssa got my vote. I was totally not expecting her to win at Skate Canada...
    Alissa got my vote, too. Really happy for her! Never expected that at all.

The Kim-Orser split is slightly more shocking, but it happened before the season, so, meh.

Caroline Zhang's de-mulekicked flip is a close second after Alissa's successful Grand Prix outing so far. Alissa won out because her Skate Canada was more impressive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm shocked so many people are voting Mao's dismal GP performances as being surprises. Every press conference from her and her coach was that her jump technique was being overhauled and that she wasn't expected to dominate or even be ready for the GP season.
    Yes, exactly. Now I didn't expect it to be this bad right after her Worlds win, but I wasn't expecting her to dominate this GP either. Not a huge surprise.
    Last edited by PUNKPRINCESS; 11-30-2010 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    Rachael churning out an inspired (imo) LP performance at SA. I've never really been a big fan, but I really like her a lot this season moreso than previous ones. The judges still don't give her her due, but it's all good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm shocked so many people are voting Mao's dismal GP performances as being surprises. Every press conference from her and her coach was that her jump technique was being overhauled and that she wasn't expected to dominate or even be ready for the GP season. Then, we saw firsthand evidence of that at the Japan Open where she fell to a 5th place finish out of 6 skaters.
    I didn't pay attention to the Mao-related media prior to the GP series, so I didn't know she was reworking her jumps. So I was genuinely surprised to see her skate so badly, and that's why I voted for her.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12