View Poll Results: Who is the female Patrick Chan?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kiira Korpi

18 10.34%
  • Carolina Kostner

97 55.75%
  • Alissa Czisney

30 17.24%
  • Other

29 16.67%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    None..........I don't think any have, or had, the skating skills to compare.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash

what r u waiting for? send letters to ISU!

Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    If we're talking overrated enough to land on the podium with CRAPTASTIC skates: Laura Lepisto, Irina Slutskaya (usually sloppy), and, sorry everyone, Yu-Na Kim.

When Yu-Nam's jumps are off, I really can't get past the horrible positions, lack of toe point, musceled ugly spins, lack of 3 loop (just to play it safe and rest on her laurels), and fake "emotions" on the ice... constant open mouth doesn't equal expression to me. At the end of her Olympic LP, there was such a lack of excitement with her (and everyone else, IMO) that I couldn't believe that she would end up winning. I mean, I don't HATE her, but she is far from the best ever.

ISU gave the OGM to a chick with horrible ugly positions and fake emotions only opening mouth constantly. She deceived whole world! Or super power koreans bribed ISU! so sick of it.

BTW i know one skater who depends on her old friend 3loop too much, somtimes Flutz, trubled 3A, sometimes positioned well but can't keep enough to get level, poor ice coverage, lack of power, and same face for 4:10. wow...and OG silver medalist&2010 wc winner. is she running the Grand Prix series? Haven't heard her name/ saw her on podium for quite a long time...Ah, she's the one with PCS%TES.......142.36%. somebody mentioned! so glad to hear her. and just like you, I don't HATE her

oh, Lady Patrick Chan? no,no. P.C has at least nice flows &edge techniq and sometimes quite good to see.
    Last edited by raphie; 12-04-2010 at 01:59 PM.

vCash
    NM
    Last edited by miki88; 12-04-2010 at 02:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    It's too bad Mirai wasn't there as even the US's champion. That might have worked in her favour if she'd won US Nats instead of Rachael.
    I don´t belive that the international judges care one bit whether a skater is the US champion or not...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    It's too bad Mirai wasn't there as even the US's champion. That might have worked in her favour if she'd won US Nats instead of Rachael.
    Being US champion does not seem to have given Rachael any particular advantage.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    NM
    Who is NM ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Who is NM ?
    Nevermind?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Who is NM ?
    NM = Nevermind.

vCash
    I'm guessing you decided not to feed the troll in the previous post.

However, I do have to say that anyone who uses YuNa's Olympic LP as the punchline for a post on craptastic skates is ridiculous.

vCash
    Kostner. Without a doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    NM = Nevermind.
    Ooooops, my bad, I didn't know that !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Figga View Post
    I'm guessing you decided not to feed the troll in the previous post.

However, I do have to say that anyone who uses YuNa's Olympic LP as the punchline for a post on craptastic skates is ridiculous.
    If you are refering to me, that is not what I said. I said that when she doesn't land her spectacular jumps (which she did in her Olympic LP) she has many gaping flaws, which stand out in a negative way, ie: Skate America 2009, GPF 2009/2010, Worlds 2010... those scores are, to me, not justified.

My one point about her Olympic LP was that even though she landed her jumps and skately cleanly, it still lacked the typical Olympic excitement for me (and others, I'm sure). That's all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    None..........I don't think any have, or had, the skating skills to compare.
    Does this mean you believe no female skater in the history of skating has/had superior skating skills to his?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Kostner. Without a doubt.
    Kostner has gotten some bad scores when she's bombed though. I'd say Lepisto, even when she skates really poorly her scores are always over 100. And 115 for a FS full of doubles? That's totally Chan-flation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    If you are refering to me, that is not what I said. I said that when she doesn't land her spectacular jumps (which she did in her Olympic LP) she has many gaping flaws, which stand out in a negative way, ie: Skate America 2009, GPF 2009/2010, Worlds 2010... those scores are, to me, not justified.

My one point about her Olympic LP was that even though she landed her jumps and skately cleanly, it still lacked the typical Olympic excitement for me (and others, I'm sure). That's all.
    Well, she didn't have 4/5 falls and won. So, there's a big difference between her and Chan.

vCash
    Mira Leung! She is a Chinese Canadian like Patrick with the same bad attitude?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Mira Leung! She is a Chinese Canadian like Patrick with the same bad attitude?
    Nah. Mira only got judge-love at Canadian Nats, and even they dumped her well before the Olympics.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Yuna Kim or Michelle Kwan.

Not because they ever fell four times in one competition before, but they can be head and shoulders above their competition with a small roster that they can fall multiple times and still win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I'd say Lepisto, even when she skates really poorly her scores are always over 100. And 115 for a FS full of doubles? That's totally Chan-flation.
    Sure, Lepisto gets an honorable mention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Yuna Kim or Michelle Kwan.

Not because they ever fell four times in one competition before, but they can be head and shoulders above their competition with a small roster that they can fall multiple times and still win.
    Michelle rarely completed less than 5 triples in her LP's, when other skaters rarely did more than 5 !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast