View Poll Results: Haruka Imai or Kanako Murakami?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Haruka Imai

34 33.33%
  • Kanako Murakami

68 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Imai reminds me of young Nakano and Murakami reminds me of young Asada.

Love their energy but the technical issues are worrying.

I think I prefer Suzuki

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Murakami reminds me of young Asada.

Love their energy but the technical issues are worrying.

I think I prefer Suzuki
    I do not see the resemblance between Murakami and Asada. Asada is and was on a completely different level at the same age.

Between Imai and Murakami, however, I have to give it to Murakami. Her energy and spark make her stand out, whereas Imai strikes me as a very generic skater.

vCash
    I like them both very much, and hope that Imai will get more consistent in her freeskate soon... Voted for Imai.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKPRINCESS View Post
    I do not see the resemblance between Murakami and Asada. Asada is and was on a completely different level at the same age.
    Murakami has the same lightness and exuberance to her skating, very similar toe pick technique, and very similar jump quality as Asada had back when she was 15.

vCash
    Both have strengths and weakness. Kanako has 'wow and it' factor, but some iffy jumping technique which can be trouble if her body change. Imai has better technique, and she kindda remind me of Shizuka. Tall, limber and graceful but not much personality and her 3Lo+3T combo was just beautiful and explosive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Both have strengths and weakness. Kanako has 'wow and it' factor, but some iffy jumping technique which can be trouble if her body change. Imai has better technique, and she kindda remind me of Shizuka. Tall, limber and graceful but not much personality and her 3Lo+3T combo was just beautiful and explosive.
    I agree that Haruka is similar to Shizuka, she has an understated grace about her. Kanako reminds me more of Fumie just because her build is so similar to Fumie's, and the way she pumps her back actually reminds me a little of Miki...don't really see the resemblence to Mao though b/c Mao has always been so graceful and balletic whereas Kanako is more energetic and athletic. Kanako actually reminds me a lot of Mirai circa 2008 or 2009, cute, charismatic, talented but not the most polished or beautiful skater around.

vCash
    I like them both and hope they'll both be as dynamic in the long as they have been in the short programs.

Imei's Borodin music strikes me as too "big" for a young singles skater. Hasn't it been used for some rather aggressive, big-throwing pairs programs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12