Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    I do think Morozov is a world-class coach and wasn't really offended by his interview... well, he could have been a bit more PC, I suppose! (I personally find the Japanese men adorable.)

vCash
    Skateboy, had Morozov been interviewed by the Western press he would be PC. You forget he was interviewed by a Russian journalist for a Russian press. The journalist was aware her article will be translated, Morozov, on the other hand, not necessarily. I will let the Russian experts here (obviously I don't qualify as such) explain you why nothing said in that interview is non PC for the Russsians

Home Sweet Home
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dupa View Post
    An bigot asshole is an bigot asshole in any language.
    fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post

Skateboy, had Morozov been interviewed by the Western press he would be PC.

You forget he was interviewed by a Russian journalist for a Russian press. The journalist was aware her article will be translated, Morozov, on the other hand, not necessarily.

I will let the Russian experts here (obviously I don't qualify as such) explain you why nothing said in that interview is non PC for the Russsians

You qualify!

Banned Member
    vCash
    One more interview of Morozov. This one to www.championat.ru

N.B.- You often make amusing story-based programs for your skaters. Like with Fernandes this year- pirates and "Nu Pogodi!" (Soviet catoon- LT).

Morozov- I like doing something unusual. I am bored with watching the same things. It's especially the case with ladies. Now many of them skate with the music that their grandmothers used.

N.B.- But Miki has a similar plot in both programs- drama...

M.- We know. This year we did a lot of programs for shows. They are all very interesting. The programs for competitions we did just for two days.

N.B.- Are you going to change her SP?

M.- Yes. The first one was too heavy for her. I always make a lot of programs for Miki: 5-7 a year, starting from the exhibitions. Then, we see what is good or bad for her. Actually, she is a very brave and hard-working girl. It was extremely difficult for her to compete after the Olympics. But she decided to skate this season. Then she will take a year break and after that she will skate till Sochi.

N.B.- Usually skaters take a year break after the Olympics.

M.- But this year the Worlds will be in Japan. That's why we made the decision to skate this season.

N.B.- The competition in Japanese nationals among ladies is tough. Last year Miki was only the 4th.

M.- They have their own criterias. If a skater did well at Gran-Prix, the result of the Japanese national is less important. That is how they chose the Olympic team last year. Miki wasn't a medalist because it was already clear that she would go to Vancouver.

N.B.- What do you think about justice in the current judgment system. Nowdays you can win in men's without 3-3, not saying of a quad.

M.- The system is getting better year after year. But in my opinion the main problem and reason of declining of FS popularity is that there are now leaders. Leaders always change. I understand that on the one hand it is a good point, that many skaters have a chance to fight for medals. On the other hand people want to see stars, those who are ahead and win season after season. Before it was Plushenko and Yagudin. They always won, even with not their best skating.

N.B.- Everything depends on a sportsman or on scores too?

M.- Of course scores are important. I would keep the technical merit system as it is now. But for presentation I would return 6.0. Not everyone in audience understands this stuff like skating skills, transitions, etc. The main point should be if the skating was good or not. But under the current system we have Patrick Chan who failed 3 times and got 8.25?

N.B.- You think the system will change?

M.- I don't know. My job is to train skaters. The system is the job of ISU.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...
    N.B.- Well you don't mind coming back to Russia. What has been changed- conditions in the US or in Russia?

M.- Let's say I want to challenge something new. It became boring for me in the US. I want to try something new, even if this new is not easy.

vCash
    Morozov is a talented choreographer (though Winter was only "brilliant" because of the man performing it). But as a person I just despise him. He has this Svengali thing going on, I don't know what women see in him. Anyway...... his first interview is kind of gross. I am sure there is a lot of truth to what he is saying, or at least it's true in his eyes. The Japanese federation is notoriously difficult to deal with. But come on, Morozov - have some respect for people you work with.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    NM: It's the only place you get to see a skater who can land a wonderful triple Axel, yet has no idea how to jump a triple Toeloop. It's almost as knowing how to use a fork, yet not to have a clue what the spoons is for.
    Seems someone is still bitter that his offer to coach was turned down.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Seems someone is still bitter that his offer to coach was turned down.
    How do you know he offered? ;-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    One more interview of Morozov. This one to www.championat.ru

Morozov- I like doing something unusual. I am bored with watching the same things. It's especially the case with ladies. Now many of them skate with the music that their grandmothers used.
    Yikes, is he talking about his own choreography or someone elses? I think most of what he does is boring.

vCash
    Takahashi hip hop swan was /is one of the best sps ever. How he compares this to Amodio;s programs is beyond me. I liked his work with Dai in general but probably because I like Dai.
    And why he didnt do Miki better programs, this or past season?
    From the whole interview I cant believe Oda 's girl told him she is pregnant one day before Olys, I can understand all the reasons but the baby wouldnt be born until the end of Lp, and when he is on the other side of the planet competing. Poor Oda, he must have been shocked.
    So I wanna ask, I didnt know athletes do sex before Olympics?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Yikes, is he talking about his own choreography or someone elses? I think most of what he does is boring.
    He was talking about music. Some pieces are indeed overused.
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    From the whole interview I cant believe Oda 's girl told him she is pregnant one day before Olys
    Why? Some girls, including Japanese, can be like that- irrational.

vCash
    Do you think they stop doing sex 6 months before Olys or something like that?

vCash
    And why he didnt do Miki better programs, this or past season?
    I'm not a fan of Nicolai, but I do think his work for Miki is limited by Miki's non-jump abilities. In numbers where Miki try to emote I just find almost embarrassing to watch.

vCash
    Well, it probably varies in each individual case. And it may have something to do with whether or not it's available...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234