• Alisa Czisny

10 5.71%
  • Other

5 2.86%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    Miki doesn't seem past her prime to me
    When she does performances that equal her performances from the 2007 Worlds or even the 2009 Worlds then I might agree (which she hasnt even come close to since). Heck even her level of jumping pales in comparision to 2004-2005, and jumps is really the only main strength of her skating anyway even today (though the rest of her skating has improved since then atleast).

Honestly I cant decide which is worse. Chan a lock to win every event with 4 or 5 falls or aging jumping bean Miki Ando winning all events with only 5 triples and boring programs and performances. I have no interest in the singles until things get alot better either way, the pairs and dance is where the real interest amongst the current field is at.
    Last edited by judgejudy27; 11-27-2010 at 01:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    You're just vapid because Ando on the podium at Worlds isn't that far of a shot when you have been anticipating her downfall since you joined FSU.
    I think you need to look up the meaning of the word "vapid". Just sayin'.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    all can be-depend on who skates best. odds on favorite will probably be either miki, mao, maybe akiko and whoever gets to gpf and medals probably has a better chance but not religated just to gpf final. because some countries have deep fields like u.s., japan, with skaters pulling out due to injuries etc so gp may not have impact -. i would go on who skates the best both days in short, free

vCash
    I want it to be Mao, but with the way she's been skating so far, I'm starting to doubt if she's even going to make it to Worlds...

vCash
    NM.
    Last edited by RunnersHigh; 11-27-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Miki winning a 2nd World title or Lepisto or Korpi winning a 1st would be equally bad in anycase. I am just guessing the judges might opt for the latter option if things get that desperate but who knows. Lepisto winning would actually be the preferable option by far if she could actually skate cleanly.
    I could swallow Lepisto winning IF she did a better job of connecting to the audience and had per my own preference a full arsenal of triples because I acknowledge her good basics, speed, posture, etc.

I just find her completely lacking on the connectivity side which IMO a skater needs to be a world champion. Also, her scores drive me crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I could swallow Lepisto winning IF she did a better job of connecting to the audience and had per my own preference a full arsenal of triples because I acknowledge her good basics, speed, posture, etc.

I just find her completely lacking on the connectivity side which IMO a skater needs to be a world champion. Also, her scores drive me crazy.
    Fair enough but just curious do you consider Miki Ando to connect to the audience? I dont see it but then again I have never seen her skate live.

vCash
    I don't know about Miki. When she does particularly well early on, she tends to faze out later in the season. This is what happened last season. With the way the PCS is being scored this season, watch it be Korpi^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I don't know about Miki. When she does particularly well early on, she tends to faze out later in the season. This is what happened last season. With the way the PCS is being scored this season, watch it be Korpi^^
    No matter how weak the field turns to be (if Kim doesnt return which I think she will anyway) it will still for sure take a LP over 120 to win the World title. I cant imagine Korpi skating a clean enough LP to score that high, she certainly didnt even in winning Eric Bompard and that was one of her best to date. Then again who knows, I had my earlier theory of the judges pushing a Euro lady to victory, even if undeserved.

vCash
    No matter how weak the field turns to be (if Kim doesnt return which I think she will anyway) it will still for sure take a LP over 120 to win the World title. I cant imagine Korpi skating a clean enough LP to score that high, she certainly didnt even in winning Eric Bompard and that was one of her best to date. Then again who knows, I had my earlier theory of the judges pushing a Euro lady to victory, even if undeserved.
    How are you so sure Yu-Na is going to skate so well at Worlds?

Banned Member
    vCash
    , I had my earlier theory of the judges pushing a Euro lady to victory, even if undeserved.
    But why? To save the miserable economy in the Euro zone? To help Europeans get over various austerity measures?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    How are you so sure Yu-Na is going to skate so well at Worlds?

She wouldnt have to skate that well to beat anything the current crop has put out. She could skate at 70% and have won all the events so far this season. Anyway the post you are responding to was not about Kim, but about Korpi. Whether Yu Na is there or not I cant imagine Korpi skating a LP good enough to win which would be something over 120 points at the very least.

vCash
    Fair enough but just curious do you consider Miki Ando to connect to the audience? I dont see it but then again I have never seen her skate live.
    I can only go by my own opinion, but Miki is powerful and has a WOW factor on the jumps and combos [when she is 'on'] and it probably makes an audience / casual viewers really take notice, despite whether she's connecting with them or not.

However, Lepisto doesn't really have a dynamic eye-catching component to her skating and although she does have several good attributes, it's not WOW and since she doesn't really connect to an audience

vCash
    Patrick Chan

vCash
    ^^^^

I voted Suzuki. Just a hunch.

vCash
    Suzuki needs to skate a clean long program. She had two chances to win grand prix events this season and couldnt skate a clean long program. Which is strange considering last year she had so many. The judges are starting to give her higher PCS, and her short programs this year are better, so now she just needs to capatilize on that.

vCash
    She wouldnt have to skate that well to beat anything the current crop has put out. She could skate at 70% and have won all the events so far this season.
    But the current ladies aren't skating that well, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Patrick Chan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    But the current ladies aren't skating that well, either.
    Isnt that the whole point of what I said.

vCash
    Isnt that the whole point of what I said.
    Probably. I must have misread your post.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast