• Cynthia Phaneuf

1 0.57%
  • Alisa Czisny

10 5.71%
  • Other

5 2.86%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    It's totally gonna be Akiko Suzuki. She seems to be getting better and better with each competition this season...

vCash
    While I'm not crazy about any of Miki's programs this season, I think she has an edge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    It's totally gonna be Akiko Suzuki. She seems to be getting better and better with each competition this season...
    I would be so THRILLED! I love her skating. The judges seem willing to give her the PCS, as long as she hits her jumps.

vCash
    Czisny

So I'm delusional. It would still be wonderful. We'd have threads that would go on forever discussing it.

vCash
    Murakami? She may not make the team, but on a good day she's just as likely to win this as at least half the skaters on the poll. And there are 4 US skaters listed, at least 2 of those won't be there.

vCash
    I'm surprised Pinky hasn't chimed in with it's obligatory "Christina Gao for world domination" post yet.

vCash
    I'm surprised Pinky hasn't chimed in with it's obligatory "Christina Gao for world domination" post yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I can't expect how much Kim can score under those well-argued "extremely unfavorable" new rules, and in the most unfriendly "away". I think Ando can be the favorite even if Kim is there. She has almost beaten subpar Kim with equally subpar performances at GPF in Tokyo. If Asada is absent, Ando's PCS will roughly tie with Kim.

No lady has won worlds without participating GPS.

Asada should be the favorite if she can sacrifice her ideals for winning. We can have better pictures by Japanese Nationals.

As I wrote on the PC thread, "clean performances" tend to be valued higher at prestigious competitions like WC. In this sense, Ando has some advantages over others. Skater like Lepisto or Rochette has no chance unless it becomes a major splatfest. And they are the first ones to create that.
    Well someone is definitely from Japan.

vCash
    Oh I totally think she will be on the team and has a good shot at medaling there, but I don't think she will win the title this season. She won't dominate the world until next season

vCash
    Christina Gao for medal and world domination? Oh, come on, she couldn't even win JGP event! BTW, I don't think she will make the team.

I think Mao if she will fix her jumps or Miki if she will not. Lepisto or Kostner have chances, but it's a big if

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Christina Gao for medal and world domination? Oh, come on, she couldn't even win JGP event! BTW, I don't think she will make the team.

I think Mao if she will fix her jumps or Miki if she will not. Lepisto or Kostner have chances, but it's a big if
    Don't try to argue with pinky, her logic is not our normal human logic.

vCash
    I can't deal with the thought of Miki Ando being World Champion again. Once was more than enough!

Please Mao, get it together!!

vCash
    I hope not Asada, she's always bored me.

I hope not Suzuki (I'm still bitter over Nakano getting shut out of vancouver - it wasn't Suzuki's fault at all and my subsequent disinterest is not fair to her but there you go...)

Most of the others are just kind of boring, but I love Ando and the over the top emotional roller coaster she'll put herself and everyone around through. She's the only real diva out there at present for my money.

(Kim made a brave effort with the Brian&Mama show, but was entirely too reserved and her one public outburst was more juvenile than fabulous).

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    Most of the others are just kind of boring, but I love Ando and the over the top emotional roller coaster she'll put herself and everyone around through. She's the only real diva out there at present for my money.

(Kim made a brave effort with the Brian&Mama show, but was entirely too reserved and her one public outburst was more juvenile than fabulous).

Knowing that Joannie will not compete, I either want the World champ to be Kostner, Suzuki, or Czisny. The most likely choice at this point appears to be Akiko. Seeing her win in Japan would be thrilling indeed! I'm all for one of the older women who haven't yet won the title to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I hope not Asada, she's always bored me.

I hope not Suzuki (I'm still bitter over Nakano getting shut out of vancouver - it wasn't Suzuki's fault at all and my subsequent disinterest is not fair to her but there you go...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Oh, but she will. She will make Kim look like a flash in the pan. Kwan, Witt and Henie will be mere footnotes in FS history. She will also cure cancer, solve global warming, and bring about world peace.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha is DIVINE View Post
    I can't deal with the thought of Miki Ando being World Champion again. Once was more than enough!

Please Mao, get it together!!
    LOL Miki is not that bad. Sure she is not princessy and limber like rubber, but she does entertain us with drama, gossips, and high and low skating career. I mean you don't want the skater to win or bomb badly all the time. It will be just plain boring. She always seem so humble and nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    ... If none of those are there I am thinking the European judges will group together and give it to the Euro lady who skates best. Their first preference would be Lepisto but if not they will look for other options.
    Good God, No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    LOL Miki is not that bad. Sure she is not princessy and limber like rubber, but she does entertain us with drama, gossips, and high and low skating career. I mean you don't want the skater to win or bomb badly all the time. It will be just plain boring. She always seem so humble and nice.
    And it isn't her fault if she delivers while the other gold-favorites didn't do so on both nights in 2007.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    CZISNY CZISNY CZISNY!!
    That is really funny.

I voted for Mao, effectively jinxing her in all likelihood.

I am not prepared for a second World championship for Miki with that LP. This isn't pole vaulting.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    All this is true. I have nothing but admiration for her for skating and jumping through pain like she did at CoR. Just wow. However, all of the above doesn't change the fact that her programs are virtually devoid of choreography, transitions and interpretation.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast