Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zhenya271 View Post
    That too bad, hope she's alright, but maybe now she'll go easy on the make-up and hopefully this will be a lesson for Brooke too. That blue eyeshadow during the interview was scary!
    More like hopefully the makeup people will go easy. I highly doubt they chose such garishness themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    As for Keauna, it's probably pinkeye. If they put her on antibiotics and she uses cool compresses, she should be okay to skate.
    Pink eye usually is itchy- not painful.
    I thought I had pink eye at the first stage of my corneal ulcer, but it became so painful I couldn't open my eye.

Since she said it was swollen- she might have had something (ice chip?) fly into it and have a small tear.

vCash
    There are different types/causes of Pinkeye. I just had conjunctivitis (pinkeye) over Thanksgiving. Light sensitivity, swelling and pain are the symptoms I had, no itching. The swelling made my right eye look as if I had been the loser in a boxing match. The doctor said the duct connecting sinuses/nasal passages to the eye had become blocked and infected thanks to my undiagnosed sinus infection. (Going to pick up the antibiotics in a little while.)

Either way, I hope the ER fixed her up so she can see and isn't in pain. That's what's really important. Hopefully, she'll be able to skate, too.
    Last edited by FigureSpins; 11-29-2010 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Yes, pink eye can be painful.

With regard to make-up. It's not so much how much you put on, but whose you put on. These girls should bring their own make-up and not let the make-up artists use theirs. Make-up an be contaminated easily. hopefully if Keauna does have conjunctivitis, they will throw away anything used on her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    These girls should bring their own make-up and not let the make-up artists use theirs. Make-up an be contaminated easily.
    Wow- would professional makeup artists really not use sanitary practices when dealing with multiple people? Everyone I've ever had do make up on me used a disposable wand for mascara and lip stick...

It seems like healthy practices are essential to their business!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Wow- would professional makeup artists really not use sanitary practices when dealing with multiple people? Everyone I've ever had do make up on me used a disposable wand for mascara and lip stick...

It seems like healthy practices are essential to their business!
    They do to some degree. They use a fresh wand, but when they put that wand back into the mascara, after the first swipe on your first eye, they contaminate the mascara. Same for the eye shadow, etc. They start out with sanitary, but they don't use a new applicator for every time they load it up. Consequently, it seems to be sanitary, but often is not. That's why I recommend bringing your own. My daughter got a really bad case of dermatitis from having her make-up done. And girls - don't borrow your friend's eye make-up, very dangerous. Lip stick is not as dangerous, but, you still have to be careful.
    Last edited by cruisin; 11-30-2010 at 12:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    They do to some degree. They use a fresh wand, but when they put that want back into the mascara, after the first swipe on your first eye, they contaminate the mascara. Same for the eye shadow, etc. They start out with sanitary, but they don't use a new applicator for every time they load it up. Consequently, it seems to be sanitary, but often is not. That's why I recommend bringing your own. My daughter got a really bad case of dermatitis from having her make-up done. And girls - don't borrow your friend's eye make-up, very dangerous. Lip stick is not as dangerous, but, you still have to be careful.
    Oh yuck- mine always get a new wand/applicator every swipe into the makeup. I would have thought TV professionals would be even more careful than my salon.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 11-29-2010 at 09:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I was away but managed to watch this from my hotel room with my hubby. We both thought it was a complete trainwreck of a show. Low production, terrible "skating", and all the girls were made up so horribly. They all had trashy costumes, make-up and hairstyles. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were doing a parady or some SNL skit.
    Even looking at the promo spots leading up to the debut of SWTS I got that impression and where on earth did they get those "stars" from.

It is nice to see some of the skaters who aren't big names get some t.v. time though.

vCash
    Looks like Jonny got a bit of his own Pink Panther

vCash
    Vince Neil is going home tonight.
    Is no one but me watching this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Is no one but me watching this?
    In this thread, yes. Here's the link to the thread for Episode 2: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76210

vCash
    I'm watching, if he doesn't go home there is something seriously wrong! And Wester needs to stop doing hydroblading, it's awesome when done well, awful when done badly. And she is not doing it well.

I'd also like to know if the brought Snookie in as a hair consultant. what is with all of the poofs and donuts on the women's heads? Tacky Xs 100!

vCash
    First time I watched this tonight, and I have to say, it was not as awful as I was expecting. And I think Tanith and Johnny and Dick are all doing really well, which is great to see! Matter of fact, I think I'd take Tanith over Brooke Burke on DWTS!

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829