vCash

Article on coaches Megan Wing & Aaron Lowe

Article by Terry Bell in The Province (Nov. 24):
    http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Th...864/story.html

Wing and Lowe are currently coaching 11 dance teams, including Tarrah Harvey/Keith Gagnon, Nicole Orford/Thomas Williams (junior) and Madeline Edwards/Zhao-Kai Pang, Noa Bruser/Timothy Lum, and Caelen Dalmer/Shane Firus in novice.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Thanks for that info. Wing & Lowe were always one of my favourite dance teams. They might not have had the same level of technical difficulty as the top teams, but they were always highly watchable & entertaining.

vCash
    Great article! I always notice how "team-like" their group is...always sitting together to cheer on their training mates, everyone seems really friendly, etc. I always thought they would be great coaches and I think they're building a great program in Vancouver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Thanks for that info. Wing & Lowe were always one of my favourite dance teams. They might not have had the same level of technical difficulty as the top teams, but they were always highly watchable & entertaining.

Very nice article. I always enjoyed them too, and it's great to know that they are sharing their ice dancing expertise through their coaching with a new generation of ice dancers.

vCash
    Yay Megan and Aaron! I can speak from personal experience that these guys are fantastic coaches and are really building a solid dance programme in B.C.--something that was much needed!

vCash
    If you want to check out some of their work, you can watch the novice and junior dance teams from BC sectionals. They are at this link. Click on 'Skate Canada sectionals' on the left hand side of the screen, then in the middle of the screen (under 'Skate Canada sectionals" scroll down to Day 4, Segment 1 and click on 'play now'.

The novice dances start at about the 1:20 mark. As far as I know Dalmer/Firus (1:26 mark), Bruser/Lum (1:32 mark) and Edwards/Pang (1:39 mark) are coached by them, and then in juniors Van As/Shindle (1:56 mark)and Aghai/Dalmer (2:03 mark). There may be others that are coached by them of whom I am unaware.

ETA: I think it's available outside of Canada, but I'm not sure.

vCash
    Aaron is super nice and willing to help pretty much anybody. He treats all as equals and even will come back and appologize if he gets in the way of your program...class act