Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 92
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    But seriously....

    If someone actually tried to put up a banner such as that described in the first post, what would happen? Would the organizers take it down? Would the people who put it up get thrown out of the arena or even (this being China) prosecuted?

    It's one thing to act like an idiot in the (apparent) anonymity of an Internet, but quite another to do it in public, where there may be private security guards or police.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I know, but her PCS scores have been mega inflated, in my opinion.
    I agree, Allen.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I guess we will never know but I was in the audience for that event as well and I always got the impression no result other than Bourne & Kraatz winning would have pleased people (which shows how out of touch with reality many were as everyone who seriously knows skating knew B&K were one of 3 teams battling for the bronze that year and would have been ecstatic with that). I didnt sense alot of excitement for the crowd towards Anissina & Peizerat either, so I doubt their winning would have enthused alot more, despite that their winning over the Italians would have actually been the correct result (well except for Sussie Wynne, LOL). The only team other than B&K in the final flight who seemed to be greatly received by the audience were Drobiazko & Vanagas who came only 5th (albeit another controversial placing).
    You are so lucky to have been there! I wish I could have attended. I thought that B&K had the best OD but the FD should definitely have gone to A&P that year, IMO. F-P&M were exciting to watch, but she was doing all the work. I think that A&P's FD that year was not as popular with many of the fans as their Carmina Burana had been (that is still my favourite program of theirs, and I could watch it again and again It is interesting to hear from people who attended the event.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    While I think Patrick is overscored, I do not support putting anti- Chan banners; in fact, I vehemently oppose it. I even thought " Free Fernandez" banner was not funny at COR, but too agressive.
    It is NOT a skater's fault that they currently are being elevated by the judging system. I do not want Patrick, or anybody, to face negative banners and feel persecuted. What they are doing is hard as it is!!!
    If the Chinese want to continue the Russian banner " No magic mushroom, judge right", that's fine. But NO mention of patricular skaters! Or pass on your opinion to the Federations and judges privately, in letters, e-mails, whatever. No personal attacks on skaters, please.
    well said.

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    FrouFrou

    please,no “a minority of ” and never will,many of them even didn't watch figure skating.

    It's none bussiness with all those things you mentioned above.you know,they didn't care who is overscored...the only thing they concerned is the skater they loved didn't get what they wanted.

    if Evan came,he may receive the same reaction...er,actually,they said something more...on SZ's blog before the AOI show and after they ask for next year AOI cast suggestion

    they can't represent most chinese figure skating fans' feeling.

    and please,please concerned on the topic,don't attack other innocent people.thank you.

  6. #66
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    57
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    FrouFrou

    please,no “a minority of ” and never will,many of them even didn't watch figure skating.

    It's none bussiness with all those things you mentioned above.you know,they didn't care who is overscored...the only thing they concerned is the skater they loved didn't get what they wanted.

    if Evan came,he may receive the same reaction...er,actually,they said something more...on SZ's blog before the AOI show and after they ask for next year AOI cast suggestion

    they can't represent mostchinese figure skating fans' feeling.

    and please,please concerned on the topic,don't attack innocent others.thank you.
    So you can represent most chinese figure skating fans' feeling?


    You're better learn to represent yourself first!

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    well said.
    They didn't want to change the rules,they just want to change the result,if kozuka or Brandon win the GPF,they also won't be happy.they cursed Kozuka and Brandon right after the COC result published

    you know,they don't care the rules change or not,they just want their favourites win all the time,if not,they attack everyone everything.so although I don't like Chan,I don't want to be represented by them,and come here to explain the trueth.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,400
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3159
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I too was at that event, but my impression was different from yours. I sensed anger toward FP-M's win although they skated well, but only half of the team was doing difficult things. My impression was that they would have accepted A&P's win even though it meant B&K not winning. A&P were both better ice dancers. The fans would have been disappointed with their win, but not angry enough to walk out before the national anthem of the winners. I think the anger toward FP-M may have been enhanced by D&V's low placement too, but mainly it was directed toward the gold medallists whom the crowd did not see as worthy of a gold. Just my impression though, for what it's worth.
    I was there as well and I had the same impression as you with pretty much everything you say here. Many of the people around me were most disgusted about D and V placement and the FP and M beating A and P than where B and K ended up. It seemed more like absolute overall confusion over the aforementioned rather than "the Canadians were robbed" to me.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's funny that all the attack on me is from ID just registered.Maybe FSU should pay me for promoting the site

    if you think I'm wrong.You can point out which sentence I said is wrong.and then I will reply or if I'm wrong I will admit and apologize.

    What you are doing now can't make any sense

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    ok,I've calmed down.

    anyway,we can see crazy and stupid children in every countries,not that surprise.╮(╯_╰)╭

    ok,let them show their incredible-low IQ.

    but please understand——not all the Chinese figure skating fans are as stupid as those silly donkeys.
    I have the same feeling with you. I was very angry seeing this post.

    I had a similar experience at Artistry on Ice. One girls who is a fan of Johnny (no offense to Johnny^^) even doesn't know Mao Asada. I believe those who want to do such stupid things are not really figure skating fans. They don't know very well about the sports, let alone the techical elements.

    Such a shame! I'm worried if things go out and spread, the figure skating community will think that audience in china are mean and not well educated.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,560
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's not Patrick's fault the judges are corrupted. Why blame a skater for accepting his scores? When a skater is underscored, he has to accept his scores- and it's the same thing with overscoring. I don't know of any skater who would TURN DOWN an overscored medal- who cares? If the judges like him, he's doing something right. Everybody knows competition results honestly has very little to do with the actual performance and everything to do with whether a judge likes you or not. If Patrick played his cards right for the judges to like him (the same way the judges liked Evan Lysacek so much...) then that's how it is and he won the game.

    Those "fans" should just get a life and perhaps their own hobby instead of obsessing about someone else's sport.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    21
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    post deleted
    Last edited by TID; 11-24-2010 at 08:12 AM.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    134
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    FrouFrou

    please,no “a minority of ” and never will,many of them even didn't watch figure skating.

    It's none bussiness with all those things you mentioned above.you know,they didn't care who is overscored...the only thing they concerned is the skater they loved didn't get what they wanted.

    if Evan came,he may receive the same reaction...er,actually,they said something more...on SZ's blog before the AOI show and after they ask for next year AOI cast suggestion

    they can't represent most chinese figure skating fans' feeling.

    and please,please concerned on the topic,don't attack other innocent people.thank you.
    My eyes hurt. So I guess that's a no.

    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
    It's not Patrick's fault the judges are corrupted. Why blame a skater for accepting his scores? When a skater is underscored, he has to accept his scores- and it's the same thing with overscoring. I don't know of any skater who would TURN DOWN an overscored medal- who cares? If the judges like him, he's doing something right. Everybody knows competition results honestly has very little to do with the actual performance and everything to do with whether a judge likes you or not. If Patrick played his cards right for the judges to like him (the same way the judges liked Evan Lysacek so much...) then that's how it is and he won the game.

    Those "fans" should just get a life and perhaps their own hobby instead of obsessing about someone else's sport.

    Is this your brand of humor?! Or did you have an early Thanksgiving rum cake?!

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    That topic has been deleted,so it's the end of the story.

    at least,now we all know it's just individual thought which most of us don't support.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Mushroom banners were funny and spot on, please multiply them like Smurfs. But negative banners for skaters , a big NO, no skater deserves this, arent we suppose to be fans of A sport? these people are athletes not puppets.

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
    It's not Patrick's fault the judges are corrupted. Why blame a skater for accepting his scores? When a skater is underscored, he has to accept his scores- and it's the same thing with overscoring. I don't know of any skater who would TURN DOWN an overscored medal-
    I remember Jeff Buttle winning the 2004 4CC with a poor skate, and looking completely shocked. And there was a bit of fan outrage, but his response was something like "I'm going to look at it as though I got a promotion at work, and I just have to work hard to prove that I deserved it." Patrick has worked to prove himself, but it seems the people who don't particularly like him will still find ways to criticize him. I'm like that with Mao and Plushenko, so I'm not throwing stones. Patrick is addressing the criticism though - he does have a gorgeous quad now (though he has only landed it 50% of the time in competition so far).

    Really though, is it the skater's fault that the judges like them? Patrick does have outstanding skating skills, and performs the hell out of his program, and his transitions are unmatched in the mens event. The people who want to protest should do so against the judges, not against the skater. And the event organizers will likely not permit the hanging of such banners, and if they are hung, the ISU will request their removal. So, I'm going to say that while the discussion of the banners happening has caused buzz, it won't actually happen.

    And besides, Patrick usually doesn't place well at the GPF - any other event their upset would be valid, but if we go by history, Patrick will likely come 5th-ish with poor skates at the GPF.

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    12,957
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    performs the hell out of his program
    This part is so not true.

  18. #78
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    57
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I Patrick has worked to prove himself,

    , and performs the hell out of his program, And the event organizers will likely not permit the hanging of such banners, and if they are hung, the ISU will request their removal. .
    Show us the evidence that Patrick has worked hard to prove himself. People are angry because of the opposite. He fell 4 times per event on average this season. He has showed no desire to stop doing that. What's the point for him to improve if judges continue to reward him with those sloppy performances.

    Show us evidence he performs the hell out of his program. Except in Canada, Chan has not been a particular favorite of ordinary audience because he does not perform. He does so-called 'skating skills' for so-called fans who believe they know skating better than others. In reality, how many so-called FSU fans have ever stepped on ice in their entire life?

    Why should organizers ban hanging of banners criticizing unfair judging and skaters as well? Why? What's the basis? Do you really want ISU to act like a dictator?

  19. #79

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,781
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dundas View Post
    Show us the evidence that Patrick has worked hard to prove himself. People are angry because of the opposite. He fell 4 times per event on average this season. He has showed no desire to stop doing that. What's the point for him to improve if judges continue to reward him with those sloppy performances.

    Show us evidence he performs the hell out of his program. Except in Canada, Chan has not been a particular favorite of ordinary audience because he does not perform. He does so-called 'skating skills' for so-called fans who believe they know skating better than others. In reality, how many so-called FSU fans have ever stepped on ice in their entire life?

    Why should organizers ban hanging of banners criticizing unfair judging and skaters as well? Why? What's the basis? Do you really want ISU to act like a dictator?
    OK, IF Patrick was never intent on improving himself then he wouldn't bother trying the quad and still keeping up with the rest of his program. Put those together and it IS a performance. Yeah, so he falls, so what? Last year he got criticized for NOT trying the quad and judges were giving him good marks then, especially in the PCS. He's trying to add the quad to his arsenal and the judges reward him for ALL that he does and deduct the way they are supposed to when he messed up. Just because someone falls does NOT mean they are not trying to prove themselves. In this case it actually means he is working on trying to be the whole package. Falling in a program (even multiple times) does not mean that someone isn't trying to prove they belong. If that were the case, why would anyone want to try anything new cause after all, if they fall it really means they aren't trying. Hmmm ... guess that means the skaters who fall more than once in any competition aren't trying to prove themselves. Somehow, I doubt any skater would agree with you on that.

    Chans scores: It is NOT his fault that the judges give him the marks that they do any more than it is Joubert's fault he gets the PCS that he doesn't deserve in the eyes of many here. Does than mean some of us who believe that Joubert has been given marks that he doesn't deserve - in our eyes - should have a banner made that "calls" him out on his skating just because I don't agree with what the jugdes are giving him for marks? Hmmmm???? (BTW, I'm just using Joubert as an example).

    You want to protest what the judges are handing out? Fine, do so. However, calling out a skater because the judges like him - completely childish and much like many of the posts I've read about Patrick over the past year. He must have really arrived to have generated so much venom. It's not snarking that's going on in the forum - it's just plain nastiness.

    I doubt Patrick has done anything personally to any of you naysayers - you're just pissed because the judges like him and are placing him above "your" fav. You don't like how he's being scored? Complain about the judges, complain about the rules, complain to the ISU, make up your banners to protest these. Or maybe you should just grow the hell up. If none of these appeal, may I suggest that you just build a bridge and get over yourselves already.

    OK, I'm cause that's a rant that's been building inside me for a while.
    Crazy about sports!

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    at FSU
    Posts
    3,923
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2790
    Quote Originally Posted by dundas View Post
    Show us the evidence that Patrick has worked hard to prove himself. People are angry because of the opposite. He fell 4 times per event on average this season. He has showed no desire to stop doing that. What's the point for him to improve if judges continue to reward him with those sloppy performances.

    Show us evidence he performs the hell out of his program. Except in Canada, Chan has not been a particular favorite of ordinary audience because he does not perform. He does so-called 'skating skills' for so-called fans who believe they know skating better than others. In reality, how many so-called FSU fans have ever stepped on ice in their entire life?

    Why should organizers ban hanging of banners criticizing unfair judging and skaters as well? Why? What's the basis? Do you really want ISU to act like a dictator?
    What a stupid post! What do you mean he has shown no desire to stop falling. That in itself is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read. Do you really think he falls intentionally? "Skating skills for so called fans?" Have you ever even skated? Apart from a Friday night maybe with the local bogan hoons that hang around rinks on those nights. Do you know what a skating skill even is? Please go back to your pre-school and take your nap, you may be in a better mood when you wake.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •