Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

vCash
    I don't think it's right to demonstrate against a particular skater. Demonstrate against the JUDGES, because they're the ones who are doing the overscoring.

I loved the 'mushroom' protest at CoR!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    If they are making a sign for Chan, then they need to make one for Ando as well
    Miki never WON any events with splats, let alone 3-4 falls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I guess we will never know but I was in the audience for that event as well and I always got the impression no result other than Bourne & Kraatz winning would have pleased people (which shows how out of touch with reality many were as everyone who seriously knows skating knew B&K were one of 3 teams battling for the bronze that year and would have been ecstatic with that). I didnt sense alot of excitement for the crowd towards Anissina & Peizerat either, so I doubt their winning would have enthused alot more, despite that their winning over the Italians would have actually been the correct result (well except for Sussie Wynne, LOL). The only team other than B&K in the final flight who seemed to be greatly received by the audience were Drobiazko & Vanagas who came only 5th (albeit another controversial placing).

I too was at that event, but my impression was different from yours. I sensed anger toward FP-M's win although they skated well, but only half of the team was doing difficult things. My impression was that they would have accepted A&P's win even though it meant B&K not winning. A&P were both better ice dancers. The fans would have been disappointed with their win, but not angry enough to walk out before the national anthem of the winners. I think the anger toward FP-M may have been enhanced by D&V's low placement too, but mainly it was directed toward the gold medallists whom the crowd did not see as worthy of a gold. Just my impression though, for what it's worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Miki never WON any events with splats, let alone 3-4 falls.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Ando hasnt been winning events with PCS but with TES. And that she is doing so with only 5 triples is telling to the sad state of the ladies field this season thus far.
    Not really. If you look at all the past ladies events, most ladies program are always 5-6 max, and 7 triples programs are rare. For ladies 5 is good, 6 is great, 7 triples (u could be a world champ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I don't think it's right to demonstrate against a particular skater. Demonstrate against the JUDGES, because they're the ones who are doing the overscoring.

I loved the 'mushroom' protest at CoR!
    ITA! It would also make the point better than anti-Chan posters -- which would only look idiotic if he skated absolutely cleanly.

vCash
    I think boycott maybe a little overboard, same as targeting a skater. But they are only showing what they feel about the sport. I get many peoples feel confused and fedup with THE INCONSISTENCY IN JUDGING. If a skater stumble on a jump, and the judges are giving GOE range from zero to +GOE, it screaming something about the system. If there are no fans, there will be no sport.

Best thing is if the score show up like that again, just BOOOOO and get out of the arena. If more than half of the peoples get up and leave, I am sure FSU will notice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Miki never WON any events with splats
    Oh, yes she did!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Have no idea how to translate the Russian proverb (khuda bez dobra ne byvaet), which means something like that: any bad act results in at least one good consequence. Maybe the act of Chinese will make ISU do something about the system in general. I would prefer that this stuff would happen in a more civil manner though. But if this option is not available, somehow I understand those fans' feelings. ISU has been over the line with the judging system for long enough. Chan is just the worst result of the corrupted system that does require some healthy modifications.

Or maybe the ISU should stop people from putting up insulting banners before thing get out of hand..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Banners dissing a skater would not be any fun.

The best protest banner I have ever seen was a huge "Silence is Gold" to a certain Japanese announcer in 2007 Worlds. That was just
    It was taken down before the real competition (which was good) and he kept talking nonsense, nonstop anyway (which was unfortunate).

Someone managed to do it without getting in any trouble right before Vancouver
    surely you mean before the pairs and dance competion at Salt Lake City

vCash
    OMG, Patrick is the new Yag vs Plush, Tara vs Michelle, YuNa vs Mao...but alone !
    He has more threads than anyone else.
    He is a genius, I tell you

vCash
    Ando hasnt been winning events with PCS but with TES. And that she is doing so with only 5 triples is telling to the sad state of the ladies field this season thus far.
    I know, but her PCS scores have been mega inflated, in my opinion.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Will there be counter-protests by the Chanadians? The Chan Clan?

vCash
    I think this coud be nice way to tell judges that fans, skaters, coach etxc aren't stupid.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I think it is great that the Chinese are able to protest...even if I do not agree. Maybe this is what FS needs, a new controversy.

vCash
    I miss FSU snarky-ness in this thread!

IMO, there is no better way to express feelings towards chanflation than subtle sarcasm.
    I'd support this banner.

By the way, the 'mushroom' banner mentioned above was created by Johnny's fans from his Russian web-site

vCash
    I wouldn't support it for any skater to have such a thing displayed at an event. Very poor taste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cem2 View Post
    surely you mean before the pairs and dance competion at Salt Lake City
    No I mean before the men competition at Vancouver.

vCash
    Hmmm...interesting. Never knew a minority of Chinese fans felt so strongly about this. Chan's pcs is ridiculous, but the banner would be carrying things a bit far.

By the way, is this disdain by the Chinese fans mere frustration being polarized? Or is it somewhat fueled by negative American Born Chinese sentiment or in Chan's case, CBC? Or is it completely unrelated? I'm only asking because I've recently learned of this terminology/mindset from a friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    at some Chinese fans thinking other skaters are overscored. Have they been not watching pairs the last ten years?
    Sheesh, tell me. Chan at least deserves better PCS scores than most, certain Chinese pairs...not so much.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast