Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash

Chinese fans to protest Patrick Chan's scores at GPF?

They are debating whether to put up a banner or pass on notes in private to judges.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=939324563...%AC%B1%F9&pn=0

The banner will read "PCS != Patrick Chan's Score'

They're undecided though. They're afraid of the revenge that Chinese skaters may face.

Will you support such action?

I say "You Betcha it!! Yeaaaaa...."

vCash
    Kudos to them for their gutsy courage! Their banner should read, "We're All Watching and We're Not Stupid". Then remind them that Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

vCash
    How very childish.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    No different than when the fans left the building for when Barbara Fusar-Poli & Maurizio Margaglio won World's in Vancouver 2001.

Fans can do whatever they want... there is always someone wuzrobbing somewhere
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    No different than when the fans left the building for when Barbara Fusar-Poli & Maurizio Margaglio won World's in Vancouver 2001.

Fans can do whatever they want... there is always someone wuzrobbing somewhere
    I think leaving the building is far less offensive that putting a banner up. It's not Patricks fault that the judges love him so much. Like it was never Yuna's fault that the judges liked her so much. Now if someone put a banner up in Canada a couple of years ago saying "Mira, we can see your knickers" it would be a different story.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    While I think Patrick is overscored, I do not support putting anti- Chan banners; in fact, I vehemently oppose it. I even thought " Free Fernandez" banner was not funny at COR, but too agressive.
    It is NOT a skater's fault that they currently are being elevated by the judging system. I do not want Patrick, or anybody, to face negative banners and feel persecuted. What they are doing is hard as it is!!!
    If the Chinese want to continue the Russian banner " No magic mushroom, judge right", that's fine. But NO mention of patricular skaters! Or pass on your opinion to the Federations and judges privately, in letters, e-mails, whatever. No personal attacks on skaters, please.

vCash
    at some Chinese fans thinking other skaters are overscored. Have they been not watching pairs the last ten years?

vCash
    Passing notes to the judges is a big no no. They could get in trouble themselves for doing that because it is trying to influence results.

And anyway what point would they be proving. Because they are probably a different group of judges to ones who have been judging the GP events so far this season.

Anyway the argument over whether Chan is overmarked is no different to the arguments over a number of other skaters who have been "gifted" for PCS when they have very few transitions or lacked any real choreography, regardless of whether they had clean programs.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    If they are making a sign for Chan, then they need to make one for Ando as well
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    If they are making a sign for Chan, then they need to make one for Ando as well
    Ando hasnt been winning events with PCS but with TES. And that she is doing so with only 5 triples is telling to the sad state of the ladies field this season thus far.

vCash
    Poor Patrick He's a Chinese origin I believe. He would feel terrible to be welcomed like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    at some Chinese fans thinking other skaters are overscored. Have they been not watching pairs the last ten years?

vCash
    Another vote for the magic mushrooms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    The fans would have done that if anyone other than Bourne & Kraatz won that year which makes it hard to take them seriously.

vCash
    The communists take their international events very seriously. I doubt they will allow protests to mar such an event.

vCash
    I am a Chinese figure skating fan.

and I know these stupid children.They chased skaters as a stalker and made them really unhappy in the Artisty on Ice and Cup of China.

and now they want to destroy the GPF.

actually,they are not even skating fans,Most of them are under 20,many of them under 18,they never seen figure skating before,and It's a shame that some of them says they did this for Johnny,but they just watched maybe ONLY ONE Poker Face Video.

I hate them.and most Chinese figure skating fans hate them too.

vCash
    We true skating fans in China really feel sad and angry about them,but they never listen to others,never know the rules,never watch the competitions.

The only thing they do is to chase the stars they love and annoyed them,really feel the shame.

Maybe ISU should move COC and GPF to other countries,I really feel losing face to watch a match with them and their's silly banners together

vCash
    ok,I've calmed down.

anyway,we can see crazy and stupid children in every countries,not that surprise.╮(╯_╰)╭

ok,let them show their incredible-low IQ.

but please understand——not all the Chinese figure skating fans are as stupid as those silly donkeys.

vCash
    luCN, thank you for sharing your point of view. Don't worry, we don't think all Chinese figure skating fans are alike or have the same opinions.

vCash
    I think the fans shouldn't single out one skater like that. Patrick isn't the only skater who benefits from some crazy scores.

A much stronger and fair protest would be if fans held up signs like "Reward Cleanish Skates-Punish Messy Ones." Or, Judge Based on the Skate-Not Reputation." Patrick is not the only skater who benefits from reputation marks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast