Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Review

Actually he did both.- There was full backing vocals but Johnny's mike WAS on & he did sing, too for around 75%. Wasn't too bad. We had front row seats!!! This was a VERY small venue, fabulous place to watch skating.

Started with Johnny's skating to a classical piece , theninto his singing his new song. Thought it had a catchy beat. He also performed Bad Romance, and Ave Maria (to close the show). His triples looked good & he looked to be in great shape. Got to meet him afterwards & get an autograph & pic, he was VERY friendly & gracious to all of his fans. He had some fabulous new extensions that he woar in his hair for Bad Romance- plus a net thing over his face. I explained to my non ice skating fan friends, 'He's like a male Lady Gaga on ice.' They got it then.

Ashley performed 2 numbers, 1 was Christina Aguilara, "ain't no other man.' Don't remember the other, but her jumps were solid & she skated with good speed. I have saw her skate before & she has really improved in her performance/artistic quality & looked very polished.

Agnes also did 2 programs, one was her short program-I believe- she had a fall in that one. She was nice to watch & her jumps were very high in the air for a female! She isn't completely 'ungreen' compared to Ashley, but sure it will come in time.

Armin was cute to watch & had a bad head over heels fall during his second number (which we think was due to the rut in the ice from the hockey race that they had prior) it was out of the blue. He looked really happy to be in the show.

Brandon Mroz was added at the last minute, insert in the program.
    Brandon had the girls screaming & landed a bunch of big triples, including a triple axel. His 'Grease' program was very well recieved. My friends thought he was hot & he did a lot of winking/eyebrows,plaing the crowd, etc. It looks like Ryan Bradley has rubbed off on him & that is a good thing!! I have seen Brandon skate 3 other times, but he is WAY more enjoyable to watch now.

Chock & Zuerlin did a number to Cabernet and Romeo & Juliet. They were very pleasant to watch & Madison is just beautiful. Even my friends thought that she was breathtaking. She is a gorgeous skater. I really liked them & it was great to watch.

No Hubbells- maybe that's why Brandon..? Cute group numbers with local skaters, Santa, elves, 2 synchronized skating numbers- 1 Jr, 1 Novice- all very entertaining.

The last group number had all of the headliners & was set to a mix up of Christmas songs with a disco beat & really was awesome! I bet if Johnny had his own show it would be something like that.

All in all a GREAT show for the super cheap price!! Was sad that it didn't sell out, but they didn't even advertise it until the week before in the area , and if it would have been advertised longer, I'm confident it would have been sold out.

I felt very lucky to attend this, as I live in a suburb of the Flint area. I've traveled much farther to see skating!!

vCash
    thank you for your repo!just watch the video on the first page....what can I say....it's not as bad as I thought,but still very strange...He should just dance on the stage with dancers while sing the song,or choreograph a whole skating number of the song...Now he stand on the ice and did lip synch made it...o(╯□╰)o

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98yzl7f6YY

I liked thre preview on amazon, though...
    Wow, that's much better than I anticipated - you can actually hear his voice, and it's not bad at all.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks for your review, greengal!

Here's an article about the show that includes quotes from the skaters about their upcoming holiday plans: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12