Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I agree. Most of the pretzely types are really thin and wiry like Min-Jung Kwak , Mao Asada, or Alissa Czisny. Caroline used to have that kind of build but she doesn't anymore.
    What about Gede's body type? I think her spins are simply stunning and yet she doesn't seem to be incredibly skinny. Sasha Cohen's spins are a marvel too, but I don't think she looks emaciated at all.

vCash
    She has had programs choreographed by Tom Dickson in the past, but I don't think she has worked with him on a regular basis like Savoie, Jahnke, Abbott.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    I think it is because there is more flesh to go with her bones, but not in a bad way.
    I don't really mind the flesh on the bones. In the past I did not mind it about Midori Ito, Irina Slutskaya. IMO they had something else that I can't place my finger on. Is it the natural ability to fill the air with excitement with their skating? I have not experienced that with Rachael, but she is young and she may still be finding herself. May be she will get there some day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    ... Sasha Cohen's spins are a marvel too, but I don't think she looks emaciated at all.
    are you joking? is this a joke?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    What about Gede's body type? I think her spins are simply stunning and yet she doesn't seem to be incredibly skinny. Sasha Cohen's spins are a marvel too, but I don't think she looks emaciated at all.
    Gede is absolutely TINY in person. She has a big rack yes, but apart from that she is itty bitty, and therefore everything is closer together which probably helps her maintain her flexibility.

And Sasha is most definitely emaciated looking, people get confused because she has short legs and doesn't have the classic ballerina look that Mao or Min-Jung or Alissa have, but she is definitely THIN - too thin, IMO. At nationals last season I remember Sasha giving Mirai a hug and Mirai looked like Venus Williams in comparison to Sasha...

vCash
    Announce that her retirement is imminent. Maybe the judges will give her some sympathy points.

vCash
    I think maybe nothing having programs where she's fanning herself might help.... the arena crew gets fooled into changing the arena temperatures for the other competitors...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Vash, she already takes ballet lessons.
    Well, could have fooled me. She clearly leaves all she learned in her ballet class in the studio.

Perhaps a better ballet teacher and a choreographer/coach who'd help her bring what she has learned out on the ice?

She needs to look in the mirror and see what good lines are (and aren't) and work like crazy to achieve them.

A bit more flow to her skating would be nice too which means some basics classes.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Her neck is not growing.

Her back is not getting fixed.

Not with all the ballet lessons in the world.

She'd best fix what is fixable: her speed and her spins.

vCash
    Her feet are what bothers me the most. Rachael, point your toes...please!

vCash
    ^ Her toes are better than Ms. Kim's...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    That picture of Oppergard holding Yuna's foot and turning it out on the first day she announced him as her coach made me really excited!

vCash
    Ahh...there are none so good that they cannot improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I actually wanted to say the same thing without fear of being labeled a Yuna-basher.

vCash
    That's Nitpicking..

I think Yuna's spirals are known as Speed and edge control,Ice coverage than point toes.
    I will take Yuna's spirals anydays then most senior ladies except Mirai and Mao's =P
    Last edited by Lookingood; 11-27-2010 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    ^I think they're speaking about Yu-Na's toe point in general, which is nonexistent (I say this as one of her fans btw). It's not nitpicking. There was an interview with Orser before the O's and he spoke of his frustration with Kim's lack of toe point. I think he said that she told him she didn't like to point her toe. Does anyone else remember that interview.

Getting back on topic, I really don't see Flatt getting better lines and positions, no matter how many dance classes she takes. Getting more speed in her skating might be obtainable at this point.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    I agree with those who say we won't see major changes from Flatt. She won't become a powerful skater like Midori or Irina, nor uber-bendy and balletic like Mirai or Sasha.
    I do think she can make some improvements on her speed, her line, her edges as she matures, but they'll be incremental changes, not a dramatic transformation.

I would say out of the current crop of skaters, she's the most maxed out on her potential. But rather than think of that as a weakness, I think it's a compliment. She's made the most of what she can do, she's the only lady landing the great majority of her jumps, skating cleanly, selling her character pieces, rotating her difficult jumps and combos, doing a great reverse direction spin. She has quite a bit to be proud of, even if she's never world champion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    ^I think they're speaking about Yu-Na's toe point in general, which is nonexistent (I say this as one of her fans btw). It's not nitpicking. There was an interview with Orser before the O's and he spoke of his frustration with Kim's lack of toe point. I think he said that she told him she didn't like to point her toe. Does anyone else remember that interview.

I do.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Last edited by Lookingood; 11-27-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Double post

vCash
    I do remembered that interview also,Wish Peter can work with point toe's on Yuna's Spirals. then i will give her max GOE on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    Getting back on topic, I really don't see Flatt getting better lines and positions, no matter how many dance classes she takes. Getting more speed in her skating might be obtainable at this point.
    That's how i feel about Flatt.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast