Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Change last name to chan?
    I was going to suggest maybe go on a media spree announcing that she and Chan are now an item, have some risque photos taken together of the two of them and spread them to all the ISU judges and technical panel. By association, her PCS will fly through the roof in no time.

vCash
    I'm not shocked she did so well on improv on ice. Her programs this year are so cheesy I wish she would just change the music and choreograph the programs herself. I bet she would do 10000 times better.

vCash
    A big "Hell, Yeah" to whoever said "Leave Tom Z."

I find that all Tom Z's students seem to have major issues with speed, edges, and on-ice presence. And their programs fall flat to me.

Rachael is a sweet girl but I would love to see what another coach could do for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I was going to suggest maybe go on a media spree announcing that she and Chan are now an item, have some risque photos taken together of the two of them and spread them to all the ISU judges and technical panel. By association, her PCS will fly through the roof in no time.
    I heard through a fly on the wall source that Rachael and Patrick are "dating" now. And they are going to the debutant ball together. I still don't know why Rachael would go for someone like Patrick but to each her own. Maybe when the photos from the ball come out we will see Rachael's PCS improve

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    A big "Hell, Yeah" to whoever said "Leave Tom Z."

I find that all Tom Z's students seem to have major issues with speed, edges, and on-ice presence. And their programs fall flat to me.

Rachael is a sweet girl but I would love to see what another coach could do for her.
    I've always thought U.S. Ladies in general don't place enough emphasis on speed, with a few exceptions of course. So I'm not sure it's just Tom Z.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    I've always thought U.S. Ladies in general don't place enough emphasis on speed, with a few exceptions of course. So I'm not sure it's just Tom Z.
    Hmm...the only slow ones that come off the top of my mind are the Tom Z skaters and Caroline Zhang. I know that most US coaches put a high premium on solid edging and at least passable speed. It's just that Tom Z's skaters are some of the slowest of the slow. They generally have great jumps, but not a lot of speed. Jeremy Abbott is the only exception, and he took dance classes when he was younger so his edges are nice and crisp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Hmm...the only slow ones that come off the top of my mind are the Tom Z skaters and Caroline Zhang. I know that most US coaches put a high premium on solid edging and at least passable speed. It's just that Tom Z's skaters are some of the slowest of the slow. They generally have great jumps, but not a lot of speed. Jeremy Abbott is the only exception, and he took dance classes when he was younger so his edges are nice and crisp.
    I think Abbott is pretty slow too. AP McDonough was the only exception. Ryan Bradley is the slowest.

vCash
    Work on her spirals, spins and line. MAJOR ballet classes.

vCash
    Stay away from ballet / classic programs. Rachael does not have a ballet style body, and trying to look like a dying swan is just going to flop dead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Stay away from ballet / classic programs. Rachael does not have a ballet style body, and trying to look like a dying swan is just going to flop dead.
    I honestly think she does a good job of this, despite what some people say. Cutesy and charming work for her and that's what she does, not ballet or classical

vCash
    skate faster!!!

vCash
    1. learn how to skate fast with Kostner
    2. learn how to 'pretzel' with Caroline Zhang
    3. move to Canada and work with the Mr. Deadeyes team...(senting cookies for all the CBC/Canadian commentors might not hurt either)

LOL.
    She should skates faster and make her jump higher and work with what she has. Its work for Irina, Miki, etc. and none of them try to be cutesy ice princesses. Or have they?

vCash
    ^Getting huge jumps would help her a lot. She's pretty consistent jump wise but her jumps are rather small and don't have any wow factor to them. IA that skating faster will help her as well. As for her style and artistry, I don't see her dramatically changing them at this point in her career. I think she has a set style (I actually like her style). She's never going to be lyrical or theatrical.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Or she could just pay the judges and tech callers!

vCash
    I agree with most of the posters. Rachael needs to improve her edge work and speed. It might be good for her to go to Finland or Quebec and learn skating skills. Or lean them from her boyfriend Cotillion ball date!
    Judging from what he did to Matt Savoie, Tom Dickson is my hope. Honestly, I really hope Tom Dickson works with Rachael and all the Colorado Springs skaters for their basic skating skills!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marroncream View Post
    I agree with most of the posters. Rachael needs to improve her edge work and speed. It might be good for her to go to Finland or Quebec and learn skating skills. Or lean them from her boyfriend Cotillion ball date!
    Judging from what he did to Matt Savoie, Tom Dickson is my hope. Honestly, I really hope Tom Dickson works with Rachael and all the Colorado Springs skaters for their basic skating skills!
    I thought Tom Dickson coached at the same rink as Tom Z.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I thought Tom Dickson coached at the same rink as Tom Z.
    That's why I hope he helps her.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Nothing except what she is doing. She is doing the right things, but time can't be forced, yet time is what allows any investment to mature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I think Abbott is pretty slow too. AP McDonough was the only exception. Ryan Bradley is the slowest.
    Abbott only seems like that because he takes long to do one crossover (so he can get deep edges). And plus, he only does like 2 crossovers going into a jump and yet every other skater will do 4 or 5. It's amazing he can cover all that ice with only like two crossovers and a push.

I also remember reading an article about how Tom used to chase after his skaters after their training sessions and would always catch up to them. And I used to think, well, considering all his pupils are the slowest things we've ever seen, that's not much of an accomplishment...

vCash
    ^^LOL

A lot of the issues mentioned here could be improved by strengthening her core muscles. I know she's had back problems, and a stronger core does help relieve a lot of back pain, but not all.

She's obviously a very hard worker, and I hope that she sticks with the sport if she can find a healthy way to do so, and if she wants to. But Tom Z is not a great ladies coach. He just isn't. Also, she's very much a 6.0 skater. Consistent everywhere, brilliant nowhere ... except for her consistency, lol.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast