Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    My gosh, it's hard to believe it's been 15 years. Daria was so tiny. What a beautiful young woman she's become -- she looks so much like both parents!

I hope his family and friends relived some fond memories of him today. God rest him.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    I was 13 when it happened. I wasn't big on pairs, at the time. So, I didn't really know them too well, but I completely fell in love with their skating from all the clips and the special. Since then, I've read her book 3 times(which says a lot), and I think she's one the sweetest and bravest people I've ever seen.

vCash
    Sergei died in Nov.1995. I still think of that day every year. Such a big loss!

vCash
    Wow Sergei certainly lives on in Daria !
    When the clip came on it was like seeing him there
    She is a beautiful girl and he would have been so proud.

vCash
    I remembered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYvrE...eature=related

How life has changed!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Their last public performance, just few days before the tragedy. The music is so telling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Yo-...eature=related

vCash
    They also skated to Out of Tears by the Rolling Stones at that show. Also telling...

a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
    vCash

emotional music

Ms Gordeeva skated to the Mahler piece that Virtue and Moir used to win Olympic gold. Virtue and Moir made some beautiful romantic moves in that performance. The emotion of that skate was built on the foundation laid by Grinkov and Gordeeva; perhaps not consciously but energetically.

vCash
    Nikki Lee emotional music
    Ms Gordeeva skated to the Mahler piece that Virtue and Moir used to win Olympic gold. Virtue and Moir made some beautiful romantic moves in that performance. The emotion of that skate was built on the foundation laid by Grinkov and Gordeeva; perhaps not consciously but energetically.
    And Marina Zouva was choreographer for both.

vCash
    That anniversary will always be with me.
    Thank you, Sergei. RIP.

God be with you, Katia and Daria!

vCash
    Are we serously saying.....it's ALREADY BEEN 15 years since we lost him,and that it was already 15 years ago that Katia last was a Pairs Skater?!!!

vCash
    Oh wow, for some reason I always assumed Katia skated Pairs with Ilia. I didn't know that she didn't anymore..aw, in some ways, she's honoring Sergei that way then.

vCash
    Seeing all the videos has me in tears.

I was at the Skates of Gold show where Sergei and Katia skated together for the last time.

It was so hard to wrap my head around the fact that he was gone a short time later - I remember getting the phone call at work and not believing it was true. I was sure my friend had gotten the wrong information.

And Daria at 18 - OMG - what a beauty!

Thanks for the clips!

vCash
    I'm really happy to see that so many people remember Sergei
    He was made for pairs and Katia. I have been reminded of his passing as my 10 week train ticket was dated the 20th of November. I would have remembered despite this but I just want to say that even though it may be fifteen years since his passing he is never forgotten. His skating was breathtaking and I never tire of watching G&G's skating.

Earlier this year at the Vancouver Olympics Robin Cousins spoke after the gold medal winning performance of Virtue and Moir. He said that V&M's performance was amazing and counts as one of his most memorable Olympic performances of all time alongside John Curry, Torvill and Dean, Gordeeva and Grinkov and Alexei Yagudin. We may have lost Sergei but we will never lose the memories of their skating and I'm really grateful that we have those memories on film to remember for many years to come!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12