• Verner

25 24.04%
  • other

9 8.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heo-wikki View Post
    Chanada could become the greatest superpower of all. With one swipe of his blade; he could till rows in rock to plant crops, create new waterways for the drought-ridden and the inundated. Just imange what those skating skills could do.

those Chan threads are so much fun

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    wonderlen and heo-wikki, you are both too funny! I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read your posts because it would have gone everywhere! heo-wikki, yours may be THE POST OF THE YEAR for me - HYSTERICAL!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 11-24-2010 at 01:40 PM.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    I m really starting to like Chan more, after all the critics, I have a tendency to root for bash-able skaters Afterall he is not the threat of universe, he just won a gp, it was worse when Lys started winning everything and got 10 points pcs up from the end of one season to the next, I much prefer Chan even not clean. And he doesnt even have the World champion boost marks yet!
    Yes, without a doubt, Chan is a better skater and would make a better World champion than Evan.

vCash
    Takahashi and Oda, or Takahashi and Abbott, but probably Oda, I would say. I hope Chan doesn't get the gold medal if he doesn't deserve it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Takahashi and Oda, or Takahashi and Abbott, but probably Oda, I would say. I hope Chan doesn't get the gold medal if he doesn't deserve it.
    How on earth can you say someone doesn't deserve a gold medal just because you don't like them and the competition hasn't even take place? Sheesh! It's just about as as this topic (although some of the posts have been )
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Yes, without a doubt, Chan is a better skater and would make a better World champion than Evan.
    Evan seems alot better than Chan in one basic important skill however. To actually keep the seat of his pants off the ice.

vCash
    To be fair, Evan has fewer transitions in his programs. He has transitions, but not nearly as many as Chan. Which still begs the question in my mind: maybe Chan's programs are just too busy?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Evan seems alot better than Chan in one basic important skill however. To actually keep the seat of his pants off the ice.
    That is the most important skill at World championsips.

I think one of the Japanese men will win with clean performances. Perhaps, Oda's has the best chance. I'm sure Chan won't receive 12 points higher PCS than Oda in Tokyo.

vCash
    Evan has plenty enough transitions, you shouldnt need anymore or it becomes excess. And yes Chan has too many transitions if anything, it makes his programs overly busy and distracting and he obviously cant handle them and deliver the performance with it. Evan's clean and all around good performances he won major titles with I would take over Chan and his 4 falls per event and the embarassing that is for the sport when he wins like that anyday of the week. And I am far from an Evan fan.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    To be fair, Evan has fewer transitions in his programs. He has transitions, but not nearly as many as Chan. Which still begs the question in my mind: maybe Chan's programs are just too busy?
    Not to bring rationality into this thread or anything , I've often wondered if that isn't part of Abbott's problem too. When nerves get the better of him does he lose some of his ability to perform the large amount of technical moves in his program?

vCash
    Could be part of Jeremy's problem too, but I kind of think Jeremy is just a headcase skater. When his mind is in a good place he can deliver all the content. When his mind is not in a good place, disaster ensues. Whereas Patrick rarely seems to skate clean (and I do like him so I'm not bashing), it doesn't seem to be his mind playing tricks on him. Just wondering if scaling back the in-between stuff a bit might be helpful.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    Ummm ... obsessed much?
    Obsessed, no life, immature, perseverating ad nauseum. The list goes on and on.

Although judgejudy isn't the only poster on FSU like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cem2 View Post
    I think most would only like Chan to leave the ice, but not to worry these people also have lots more Canadian skates to share the hate...C&P and M&M bashing all over the threads...it's like a Mastercard moment......PRICELESS
    I was just thinking the same thing. C&P and MT&M, and don't forget about Kevin Reynolds too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Not to bring rationality into this thread or anything , I've often wondered if that isn't part of Abbott's problem too. When nerves get the better of him does he lose some of his ability to perform the large amount of technical moves in his program?

When Jeff Buttle was competing, I used to think at times that he had too many transitions. He too was an inconsistent jumper with beautiful skating skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    How on earth can you say someone doesn't deserve a gold medal just because you don't like them and the competition hasn't even take place? Sheesh! It's just about as as this topic (although some of the posts have been )
    I didn't even say I don't like him. I actually think he is decent. I just hope that IF he skates poorly, he gets poor scores. If he skates deservingly, I'm fine with him winning gold!

vCash
    I'm a bit relieved by the result of TEB. Chan's chance of grabbing the world title has decreased. I don't like Kozuka much (since I'm for Hanyu) but I support anyone who can prevent Chan. Honestly, I think Kozuka's FS score is inflated to the same proportion with Chan's scores. Perhaps, the European judges got together to give a warning to Chan and his federation. Some of them also are afraid of Hanyu's incredible talents and want Kozuka to be Takahashi's "successor". I must admit, if Hanyu can't compete at Tokyo worlds (unfortunately it's likely), his chance to be a podium contender at Sochi will decrease.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I'm a bit relieved by the result of TEB. Chan's chance of grabbing the world title has decreased. I don't like Kozuka much (since I'm for Hanyu) but I support anyone who can prevent Chan. Honestly, I think Kozuka's FS score is inflated to the same proportion with Chan's scores. Perhaps, the European judges got together to give a warning to Chan and his federation. Some of them also are afraid of Hanyu's incredible talents and want Kozuka to be Takahashi's "successor". I must admit, if Hanyu can't compete at Tokyo worlds (unfortunately it's likely), his chance to be a podium contender at Sochi will decrease.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I didn't even say I don't like him. I actually think he is decent. I just hope that IF he skates poorly, he gets poor scores. If he skates deservingly, I'm fine with him winning gold!
    My bad and my apologies for reading your initial post wrong. So much Chan bashing going on that I didn't read it as you likely meant but in a different tone. I'm sorry, it's been a long week (not that that's an excuse, merely an explanation).
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Actually, I'm looking at the Chan bashing in a positive light . It means that fans of other skaters are afraid he's going to beat their faves. Patrick has come of age in the skating world lol. As he's still getting his programs together for worlds, and probably tweeking some areas, and planning on peaking at the right time, I'm not too worried about the falls...........there are some difficult entries and he will nail those jumps when it really counts for something. I have faith in him. If by any chance he doesn't, then I'm sure he will not win or even place in such a deep men's field. I'll place my bets on Paddy peaking when it counts.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Actually, I'm looking at the Chan bashing in a positive light . It means that fans of other skaters are afraid he's going to beat their faves. Patrick has come of age in the skating world lol. As he's still getting his programs together for worlds, and probably tweeking some areas, and planning on peaking at the right time, I'm not too worried about the falls...........there are some difficult entries and he will nail those jumps when it really counts for something. I have faith in him. If by any chance he doesn't, then I'm sure he will not win or even place in such a deep men's field. I'll place my bets on Paddy peaking when it counts.
    I don't care if Patrick beats my favs if he skates well. I care that right now the judges are given him HUGE scores and letting him beat quality skaters when he's averaging 4 freaking falls a competition. And I'd be saying similar things if it was my favorite skater getting those kind of scores.

I don't want to see any skater win that way, even skaters who absolutely are my favorites.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast