• Verner

25 24.04%
  • other

9 8.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Since the judges have quite obviously awarded Chan the World title in 2011 (along with the World titles in 2012, 2013, and Olympic Gold in 2014) irregardless of his performance or whether he has 1, 3, 5, or 20 falls who do you believe will be the silver and bronze medalists at Worlds this year. I am suspecting it will be some combination of Joubert, Takahashi, Oda, Brezina, or an American. It is multiple choice so pick 2.
    Too funny. Someone's bitter...
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Whats funny. I never meant anything I said as a joke. And a bitter individual would be blind to the facts and refusing to accept them. I however am observent to the truth and accept the way things are, hence the poll debating the available silver and bronze medals for the mens event.

vCash
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Well, anyway, he won Skate Canada with 4 falls, not Worlds !
    He didn't even win Cup of Russia with 4 falls !
    I am one of those who think his skills are far superior to anyone else (and I'm an Abbott fan). But winning Worlds is not the same.
    At Worlds, I hope the other skaters will be at their top. And if this is the case, Chan will need to fall less than twice to win !

vCash
    He competed against everyone noteable except Takahashi, and Takahashi barely beat Oda in his second event (would have lost without Oda doing an extra combo). So obviously Chan doesnt need to do more than he already has to win Worlds. As for losing Cup of Russia with 4 falls that is only due to the extra combo, otherwise it would have required atleast a 5th and maybe a 6th fall for defeat to occur. So no he didnt really lose Cup of Russia with just 4 falls in the true sense of things. I think it is wishful thinking to believe 4 falls would be enough for Chan to lose Worlds. 5 maybe he would lose, depending on who skates clean and lights out I guess, but that is probably even a stretch, especialy as the CSA will likely pour even more money into this plan by then.

There is no gold competition at Worlds. Only a silver and bronze one. And that one should be quite a battle with the # of contenders.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Well, anyway, he won Skate Canada with 4 falls, not Worlds !
    He didn't even win Cup of Russia with 4 falls !
    You are aware that the only reason Chan didn't repeat as a 4 fall champ at the Grand Prix of Russia was because he did an extra 4th illegal jump combo that he received absolutely no credit for, right? Had he only done a solo 2Axel at the end instead of a 2Axel+3toe combo, he would have won a second straight gold medal with 4 falls in a competition. So, in the judges' minds, a 4 fall Chan is better than Verner with no falls, a clean SP, and an 8 triple LP. Any sane, reasonable person can see the great flaw in that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    You are aware that the only reason Chan didn't repeat as a 4 fall champ at the Grand Prix of Russia was because he did an extra 4th illegal jump combo that he received absolutely no credit for, right?
    Even if Chan didn't add extra 3T to the 2A, the score would be a little more than 230. The judges could "adjust" not to let him win. And it's clearly impossible to win WC with this kind of score.

vCash
    I just think falling 4 times in a competition should affect the SS score a bit... slightly at least. In this case, he got 8.50 in comparison with Verner and Abbott's 7.89 (in the free). Also, there is such thing as intepretation - did he really interpret the music the best of all the guys? Highly doubt it. And then, how can you praise a guy's jumping technique (difficult in and out of the jumps), if many of those jumps end up with him down on the ice?

vCash
    Did you hear the crowd cheering after they knew Chan didn't win? I can expect exactly the same reaction in Tokyo.

vCash
    I sincerely hope that Patrick skates a super clean program at WC's, and wipes the smiles off all the haterz faces. I would think then that since he would shut the naywishers up, but, then again, I'm sure there would be those who would "wuzrob" their favorites.......am I right? For a 19 year old, he's damn good, perhaps even one of the "greats". I hope he sticks around for a while.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I did not vote because I think either Dai or Jeremy will win Worlds.

vCash
    nm
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I think Patrick has amazing skills, but I really don't think he's going to win Worlds with 3 or more falls. In my gut, I actually feel like Takahashi will win worlds again this year. I don't think his skills are that far below Chan and I actually like his performance quality much more. I can see Chan winning worlds with a fall in the long program and maybe a fall on the quad in the short, but I hope even that doesn't happen. Chan may have the best basics out there, but I want whoever is World Champion to skate relatively clean. I know that under COP skating clean is not that important, but it's still something I hold on to
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I sincerely hope that Patrick skates a super clean program at WC's, and wipes the smiles off all the haterz faces. I would think then that since he would shut the naywishers up, but, then again, I'm sure there would be those who would "wuzrob" their favorites.......am I right?
    It depends. Takahashi skating cleanly with quads would probably still deserve to beat Chan skating cleanly with quads, and it would be expected a defending World Champion would get the benefit of a close decision on his home ice anyway, so in that scenario yeah you would probably be right. On the other hand that is in the fantasy World of fair judging, in the real World I am sure most of us will just be relieved if Chan wins the first of his series of pre ordained World titles with only 3 or 4 falls rather than 5 or 6 he might still be given it with. If he wins it with less than 3 all the better.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    clarie, the very idea of Patrick skating "super clean" is just absolutely unfathomable given his history. The last time Chan skated an error-free LP was at the Canadian Nationals in 2008 three seasons ago and there he only attempted one 3Axel and no quad.

vCash
    Oh but Chan with 4, 5, or 6 falls is still skating very well. Those skating skills, those edges, those artistic asssplats, right. You arent suggesting something so silly as Chan should actually have to not have multiple falls to win events are you. Blasphemy!
    Sorry you are right. Chan was robbed today. He only had 4 falls in this event, he is so superior he should have needed atleast 6 to lose. The most underscored skater ever. My sympathy goes out to him.
    All I can say for sure is Takahashi and Chan will be on that World podium not matter how they skate, so that leaves only 1 medal for the other guys.
    Funny how once upon a time a couple small mistakes could lost Chan a gold medal. Now all of a sudden 4 falls cant lose it for him.
    So obviously Chan doesnt need to do more than he already has to win Worlds. As for losing Cup of Russia with 4 falls that is only due to the extra combo, otherwise it would have required atleast a 5th and maybe a 6th fall for defeat to occur. So no he didnt really lose Cup of Russia with just 4 falls in the true sense of things. I think it is wishful thinking to believe 4 falls would be enough for Chan to lose Worlds. 5 maybe he would lose, depending on who skates clean and lights out I guess, but that is probably even a stretch, especialy as the CSA will likely pour even more money into this plan by then.
    Ummm ... obsessed much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    Ummm ... obsessed much?
    This thread is truly entertaining. How many times can someone say the same thing in a slightly modified context?

vCash
    I assume this whole thread is meant to be a tongue in cheek, so I will play along.

I picked Takahashi and Abbott. I think Jeremy is overdue for a world medal. I hope he has two very good skates and can find a place on the podium. Sorry Jeremy, the gold is not available.

As much as I like Takahashi, I think he is going to make just enough mistakes to allow Chan to win the gold. Of course a clean skate against Chan is not a guarantee, even if Chan falls 3-4 times, even for the reigning world champion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I assume this whole thread is meant to be a tongue in cheek, so I will play along.

:

I hear Dick Button and Plushy are already boxing up their Gold medals to send to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Patrick Chan always bombs badly in Asia. I don't think he wins but let's wait and see GPF in Beijing.

2006 NHK 5 deductions
    2008 GPF 4 deductions
    2009 WTT 3 deductions
    It won't matter how many deductions he has. He will still get the gold.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast