Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    Answer of Arthur Verner,russian journalist, of the letter of Eugeny

Please, TAHbKA or IceAlisa, can translate?..
    PS: I understand it but I cannot translate of Russian - English.
    Verner should stick to what he does better: kissing Yagudin's and Tarasova's ass.

vCash
    Verner will do what he wants, included to answer to the questions that the people ask him in his blog....

PS: Although if he wants to kiss the ass to Tarasova, it is his option... there are worse ass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    Answer of Arthur Verner,russian journalist, of the letter of Eugeny.
    I'm not a native speaker, but here's a rough translation:

Interesting letter. I wonder who wrote it. He didn't write it himself - it is intelligible, but it is not written in the style of A.N. Mishin. Probably, the beloved wife - she is much older and much wiser. Kinda. I read it three times but, sorry, I did not notice that Plushenko apologized to those who have supported him for it all these years. In my purely subjective opinion - it (the letter) is the singing of praises of the past services of one particular Moscow newspaper with a request that it continue to support him. I do not rule out the possibility that he wrote it after former "vote money" supporters completely disrupted a tour with Plushenko throughout Russia. Even the broadcast of the show on TV has been canceled. So, I repeat, for me it's probably a request for help, plus publicity for themselves, or a loved one, rather than an apology.
    I don't know anything about how the Kings on Ice tour got disrupted or why it was canceled, so I may be missing Verner's spin on that. Sorry. Best I could do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    TAHbKA and IceAlisa, thanks so much for your translations! I have never seen any reason to doubt your work earlier or now. It seems to me that some ueberfans are just desperately trying to find faults in them, as that is the only thing they are able to do under these cirmumstances to defend a favourite, . Yeah, of course if a Russian skater´s words are being seen as ridiculous, it is the fault of translation and not of the skater
    but I still wonder you and calica what are you doing in a thread named Plushenko....?
    And calica arent you Yocalica from Plushenko's forum?? This happens when diehard fans turn to antiubers, cant get over him, huh?

I ve been reading Verner since the days of Yagudin and saw him in Wolfsburg in april 2009...not much to say. Koi was broadcasted on tv by the way, he missed the note, it just changed date due to the mourning day in russia for the ex president.
    Last edited by senorita; 11-20-2010 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    but I still wonder you and calica what are you doing in a thread named Plushenko....?
    What i do ?
    To write.
    It is the wonderful thing of registering in a forum, you can write in the thread that you want.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Translation of the response to the letter as requested.

Interesting letter. I wonder who wrote it. Clearly, he didn't write it himself but this is not Mishin's style either. Probably (this is) the work of his beloved spouse--she is a lot older and a lot smarter than he is. Curious. I've read it three times but I am sorry--I didn't see Plushenko apologizing to those who supported him all these years.

Subjectively, I see it as an appeal to one specific Moscow newspaper. It contains praises of his own past accomplishments and is asking to support him from now on. I will not rule out that it was written after his former fans had "voted with the ruble" and had effectively prevented Plushenko's group's tour in Russia. Even the TV broadcast was cancelled. So I repeat, in my opinion this is rather a plea for help, plus an advertising of the beloved "self" but not an apology.
    Great job, Squibble!
    Quote Originally Posted by paloma View Post

It would be awesome - and novel - if some of you would take the time to crosscheck translations and references before you decide what the truth is...you know, so you can have some real objectivity before you proceed with your crucifixion of the chosen target of the day. The translation of Plushenko's letter at the beginning of this thread is incorrect, and the mistakes can not be dismissed considering how they change the context and tone of the letter.
    Specific examples of TAHbKA's translation mistakes, please with suggestions of the "better" version, one that would disabuse FSUers of their current notions of this letter...

And yes, we've already been over the "I skate only for myself" vs. "I skate NOT only for myself" typo.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 11-20-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Thanks, IceAlisa.

I was wondering what "'vote money' supporters" might mean. I thought it might be something like .

It's reassuring (but kind of disappointing ) to know that isn't what Verner meant.

In colloquial American English, we might say that his former fans voted with their feet or that they stayed away in droves.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Right, exactly. And in this case the (former) fans had "voted with their " or in their case, the ruble.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Koi was broadcasted on tv by the way, he missed the note, it just changed date due to the mourning day in russia for the ex president.
    Not quite. I believe that he was referring to the proposed Dec. 2010 tour which was indeed canceled and any TV broadcast of it canceled too. The KOI broadcast you refer to is the 2009 tour, not the 2010 tour.

edited to add: Actually, I asked Ilia bout this cancellation when I saw him two weeks ago and he said that the whole business deal had "fallen apart." What the

vCash
    The KOI broadcast you refer to is the 2009 tour, not the 2010 tour.
    I meant The Joubert Lambiel Weir PLush KOI show, it is 2010 spring and this was scheduled for beginning of November and changed date, didnt it get on tv two weeks ago?..There was another reason why December shows were canceled and not the tickets, there was a management communication for this and for the tickets refund. Some dates including the one with Yagudin is still on!!l! Of course f Verner says otherwise it must be that he knows all Ex fans that refused to go to Koi to see also Yags, Kulik etc.

So I repeat, in my opinion this is rather a plea for help, plus an advertising of the beloved "self" but not an apology.
    And maybe it will be interesting to Mr Verner or anyone that this praise letter just for the newspaper supporters is published in official RF site. Still wonder why it was written?
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/142_znayu_ra...ayu_vernutsya/
    I m bored already
    Last edited by senorita; 11-20-2010 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    I asked Ilia about this cancellation when I saw him two weeks ago and he said that the whole business deal had "fallen apart." As a former producer myself that means to me (not what Ilia said) that there just wasn't enough potential income yet against the potential obligations and it was best to just abandon the project before the financial damage became worse. I don't know what the producers put out about.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The Joubert Lambiel Weir PLush KOI show is 2010 spring was scheduled for beginning of November and changed date, didnt it get on tv two weeks ago?..There was another reason why show was canceled and not the tickets, there was a management communmcation for this.
    And maybe it will be interesting to Mr Verner or anyone that this praise letter just for the newspaper supporters is published in official RF site. Still wonder why it was written?
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/142_znayu_ra...ayu_vernutsya/
    I m bored already
    I didn't see the sign off of the infamous letter before so here it is:

Sincerely and respectfully,

Evgeni Plushenko,
    Olympic champion
    In case we forgot.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Weir, which was going to take part in the KOI in December (or in January, I am not sure), confirmed two weeks ago that the show was cancelled. (http://weir.ru/index-m-single-id-262.html#comments)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    I asked Ilia about this cancellation when I saw him two weeks ago and he said that the whole business deal had "fallen apart." As a former producer myself that means to me (not what Ilia said) that there just wasn't enough potential income yet against the potential obligations and it was best to just abandon the project before the financial damage became worse. I don't know what the producers put out about.
    thanx for the info I didnt know that, had read only the announcement of the managemenn for cancellation. Weir had cancelled before the tour cancelled due to his projects.

vCash
    I don´t know sure, i suposse that he knows about the cancellation before that fans.
    for example: Here was announced the cancellation http://community.livejournal.com/lambiel_ru/573097.html

before that Ari

http://evgeni-plushenko.com/news/60.htm

vCash
    why we debate this? we all know the show was canceled anyway
    but Weir had withdrwn long before lambiel or plush site announced it and even before Kulik was announced to the cast. It was when it was rumored he would be in Dancing show.

vCash
    Really? He will go to "Dancing show"??
    I believe that he take part in shows in Russia... Well, i don´t see him but i prefer that he skates....

About KOI, the only thing that i don´t undertand is that if the show in cancelled , The program " Короли Льда: Закулисье" was it broadcasted in March or recently? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOD8oN2dB6w

vCash
    doubled post
    Last edited by senorita; 11-20-2010 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    The advertised broadcast was about the KOI of spring 2010 and not the one that would be coming on December, common sense since the other one hadn't even happened. And it was broadcasted first days of November, just changed date, videos were posted here in Koi thread.

vCash
    The advertised broadcast was about the KOI of spring 2010 and not the one that would be coming on December, common sense since the other one hadn't even happened. And it was broadcasted first days of November, just changed date, videos were posted here in Koi thread.
    no, not... I have written badly.
    Obviously it was recorded in March, but: when was it issued in tv? In November?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast