Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm fine with Plushenko going to Socchi with his knee braces, creaking around the ice and trying to jump. It'll be like Elvis in Salt Lake City.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Just because you have a different opinion doesn´t mean that Cinquanta is necessarily wrong. Cinquanta forgot about Dick Button which is an intolerable mistake for the ISU President, but there are no objective proves that Boitano, Browning or Yagudin were so much better than Plushenko, that´s only your personal opinion which means nothing in fact.
    She is into witchcraft now: I curse his knees!!! His knees braces creaking around the ice!!! Alakazamakzooooo!!!!!!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    Ah, yes. The hardest thing in the world is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat. I heard that somewhere, once. At Gorky's, maybe.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    I admit that I have a problem giving credit to Dick Button. I find his TV commentaries irritating especially the way he seems gleeful when any skater makes a mistake. He cackles, giggles and generally is scornful “You just can’t DO that in a competition of this level!”. It’s a shame that he was in his heyday when there were no televised sports so there are few film clips where we can see how he actually skated.
    His name is Dick. Rather telling.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post

How about more tolerance and respect to skaters, officials and posters?

Nah, it was a pointelss request.
    If we are so rude and disrespectful, why are you still here? There are lots of other skating forums to troll...
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reflect View Post
    what's the matter? (if we shouldnot discuss it in plushy thread, maybe there is any thread for the news?)
    I was hoping someone would tell me... I couldn't find any mention about it anywhere else...

His name is Dick. Rather telling.
    Pointless indeed...

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    there are no local "Russian TV channels
    They live in Michigan. As far as I know they pay extra for the Russian channel. Naturally I didn't bother to ask the financial details. And don't forget the Internet!
    not a professional translation service
    I know. But IceAlisa or somesuch claimed to be a professional translator and on this ground she bullied the poster who tried to make reasonable comments, and he was right (I provided the link to the Russian mass media source). Nothing wrong was with his actions. All fuss started because the girl couldn't accept another poster's corraboration on the ground that she is a professional translator, her English and Russian are just fine, all others should study the language and blah-blah.
    I agree it's childish and silly. The point is some people should be more tolerate when someone is trying to make some justified comments about the translation. Instead of that I saw only bullying and hysterics and as the result I entered the thread.
    As for my post about Yag, the summary of the article was given, as well as the most interesting comments. The rest was not much worthy, so I skipped it. If someone wants to get the full text in English, feel free to PM me. Always pleasure.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Where are the specific suggestions for the translation that would improve it
    They were already given by another poster who you bullied and by this you caused me to express my support to him. Why should I repost his comments as mine if they belong to him? I am not doing that.
    If we are so rude and disrespectful, why are you still here? There are lots of other skating forums to troll...
    Who are we? You superiority complex is incredible. You think that you can speak for everyone. That's your problem. You think that on the forum should be only people who support your opinions and share your views. All others who have different ideas are trolls and should go away. Yawn.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    They were already given by another poster who you bullied and by this you caused me to express my support to him. Why should I repost his comments as mine if they belong to him?
    Again, I said nothing of the sort. Post YOUR OWN translation, not someone else's. Btw, the only other translation was done by TAHbKA and not anyone else.
    .Who are we? You superiority complex is incredible. You think that you can speak for everyone. That's your problem. You think that on the forum should be only people who support your opinions and share your views. All others who have different ideas are trolls and should go away. Yawn.
    "we" are the posters you accuse of being disrespectful because they don't buy what you sell while in the same breath getting all self-righteous about tolerance of different opinions. How many contradictions can you fit into one post?
    Keep'em coming! This is too funny.

But don't forget to post your own translation.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 11-26-2010 at 07:15 AM.

from Speedy Death

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Oh IceAlisa, it's just not worth wasting your breath any more. It's truly a hopeless case. You'll never get anything reasonable.

Banned Member
    vCash
    the only other translation was done by TAHbKA and not anyone else.
    You did it too. And another poster gave some comments and got bullied by you for that.
    "we" are the posters you accuse of being disrespectful
    It's only you and Dragonlady. What makes you think that you two rule the ball and all others who have different opinions are trolls and should go away?

Care to become more tolerate to the second opinion? Right now there's no sign of it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Oh IceAlisa, it's just not worth wasting your breath any more. It's truly a hopeless case. You'll never get anything reasonable.
    Yes, you are right.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Sorry for me asking, just my humble opinion, is this thread having any meaning or connection to Tabhka 's first post after the first 1-2.. pages and is not locked?I m reading a chat.

vCash
    Wow! I didn't know that Cinquanta got a honorable nickname from you: "Speedy". Did you change his first name too? He was actually Ottavio the last time I checked.
    For you records, ISU is the Internatinal Skating Union that controls not figure skating only but speed skating too. Why do you think that only an ex-figure skater should be in charge? Maybe if it happens, a Speedy Dragonlady from another forum will start shouting too: "this figure skater knows nothing about speed skating!!!"

Oh,

vCash
    The last couple of pages almost seemed like a one-sided conversation.

let 's talk - a lot of us aren't bothering with your rants because quite frankly we are weary of them. Your posts here show me that you appear to have little to no respect for anyone who has an opinion that differs from your own. This is not a discussion that you have been having here and I can't speak for anyone else but I'm at the very least disappointed in how you can't seem to let this bone go - the one about the "correct" translation. Who the flip cares? I think most of us, who have been here for quite a while, know and appreciate the translations many on the board have provided for many of us. BTW, a translation is NOT the same as an interpretation and you appear to want the latter while it seems our other posters are providing the former. There is often a slight difference but not to the degree you are suggesting. :rollseyes:

Just because only a couple of posters are replying to you, do not think that others don't feel the same way. Most of us are just too weary of your posts. However, I thought it prudent to just let you know that many agree with the comments made by DL et al.

You ask for tolerance and respect? How about showing some yourself toward posters who have been here longer and probably have a good idea on what takes place.

Oh yeah, about calling a particular someone "Speedy" - it's what we call a nickname. I would think that many here realize it's a nickname and know that it's because he's a former speed skater. It has nothing to do with respect or tolerance but many of us lay at his feet many of the problems that have taken place in our beloved sport.

Take your own advice and show some tolerance and respect for posters here or you'll likely continue to carry the moniker of troll.

OK, that's another rant over. Seems it's rant week for me
    Crazy about sports!

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    This thread has become completely useless. It's time for it to die.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112