Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Zenyatta officially Retired

She'll spend her years at Lane's End Farm in Versailles, KY. A.P Indy stands there too, wonder if he will be the first sire of her offspring.

Thanks, Zenyatta and the Mosses for a great ride...have a wonderful retirement with lots of babies!

Zenyatta to Lane's End

Stallion Registry at Lane's End

Stallions at Lane's End

Boy, Rock Hard Ten and Zenyatta.....one big foal!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Boy, Rock Hard Ten and Zenyatta.....one big foal!
    Way too much inbreeding to happen. 2x3 to Kris S. and 3x4 to Mr. Prospector, for starters.

http://www.equineline.com/extendedco...areRef=7156465

A.P. Indy would be a good pick, with the breeding, on both sides, to win the Breeders' Cup Classic.

http://www.equineline.com/extendedco...areRef=7156465

vCash
    I'm both that we won't get to see her race again and that she retires healthy and happy. Also hoping they really will let fans visit. I'll be one of the first in line next year if that is the case!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    It really was one Hell of a Ride and great memories too. Many thanks need to go to the Mosses for not retiring her last year and letting her run for another year. That way, we got to enjoy her racing a little longer.

Thank God Zenyatta made it through it all w/out any major injuries and is retiring healthy. Can't wait to hear when she's going to be expecting her first foal.

ITA about breeding her w/AP Indy. Not only won't there be the danger of as much cross breeding, but he's a beautiful boy in his own right. I can just see a Zenyatta/Indy foal in my mind's eye and a what a beautiful little one it would be too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    Way too much inbreeding to happen.
    Hey, inbreeding makes the best racehorses and NASCAR fans.

vCash
    If you're in the area, Zenyatta is supposed to make an appearance at Keeneland next Monday afternoon about 4:15 pm. I wish I could go! And of course, her grand farewell is Sunday at Hollywood Park in CA.... I really hope they will allow some visitors at Lane's End.... I would think she'd be terribly bored if she doesn't get to see some people some times!

vCash
    Watching Zenyatta walking around the paddock at Hollywood Park right now. Boy, it is packed there. She just stopped and looked around at everyone, probably thinking, is everyone going to have to hug me and get a picture taken with me? LOL. She doesn't look that worked up, which is good. Probably really wondering what is going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    If you're in the area, Zenyatta is supposed to make an appearance at Keeneland next Monday afternoon about 4:15 pm. I wish I could go! And of course, her grand farewell is Sunday at Hollywood Park in CA.... I really hope they will allow some visitors at Lane's End.... I would think she'd be terribly bored if she doesn't get to see some people some times!
    I wonder what she'll think of life on the breeding farm.

vCash
    Zenyatta Easing into Life at Lane's End

In the article there are links to her "facebook" page with some video's of her getting a nice walk around.

Right now...it's 19 degrees F in Lexington...She's probably thinking, "I only lost to Blame by a nose, take me home to CA, I promise to win next time!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Right now...it's 19 degrees F in Lexington...She's probably thinking, "I only lost to Blame by a nose, take me home to CA, I promise to win next time!"

And at the video of her farewell at Hollywood Park, she looked like she was thinking, "Are all these people going to want to hug me and kiss my nose?"

vCash
    Photos of Zenyatta playing in her paddock

Very nice looking horse, she is. She looks so grateful to be outside. Cool that the Mosses, Sheriff, her old groom and hot walker were there too.

vCash
    You beat me to it! It does my heart good to see her looking so happy. Beautiful pictures in the shoot. And she ran to her (former) groom at one point, so sweet. Just does my heart good.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I bet she was only beaten by a nose.

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for the link, skipaway. And I think how *big* she is really comes across in those shots.

vCash
    Her diary post from yesterday is very heartwarming. "Z" talks about how happy she was, actually squealing when she started running. And she kissed several of her friends. Awwww.......

Edited to add: Here is the link to the video from Bloodhorse of her first time free in her own paddock:
    http://bcove.me/07avpkv6

You can hear her squeal a couple of times, and at one point she is really flying around the paddock. When Mario is walking her after that, she is doing her strut. I guess running around got her blood up a bit! Also sweet to see her choosing to spend some of her time free with her people. Awwww.....
    Last edited by sk8pics; 12-22-2010 at 02:50 PM.

vCash
    awesome video. loved the end with "her family"

vCash
    Diary post #47 on zenyatta.com has a very cute picture of two little boys visiting Z. One is kissing her (or maybe being kissed ) and the other is reaching in to pet her. Too cute!

vCash
    NY Times article on Zenyatta here. With a link to gorgeous pictures. She really is beautiful.

vCash
    Thank you for posting this! I love this picture:
    http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/201...ENYATTA-7.html
    and this: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/201.../ZENYATTA.html

I got a little teary eyed reading how happy she is, and I love listening to her squeal on the video on the site. May she live a long time, be healthy and happy, and produce little Z's who are as happy as she is.

vCash
    and.....bred to Bernardini!!!! I wish her a happy, healthy foal out of this mating.

Zenyatta's First

Diary Entry

and OT: Rachel Alexandra was bred last week to Curlin! Best of luck to her too.
    Last edited by skipaway; 02-23-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast