Thread: CSOI 2010

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash

CSOI 2010

I don't know why CBC seems to wait later and later every year to air this ... oh well, better late than never.

Tues. Dec 7, 9:00 - 10:00 pm, on CBC.

vCash
    Anyone out there willing to record it for me? Happy to pay costs or trade!

-Hoo

vCash
    Reminder: tonight on CBC at 21pm ET(check your local listings)

vCash
    Darn, I forgot! I may need a copy. Hopefully, BOLD will reair it like they have in the past.

vCash
    The timing this year coincides with the start of ticket sales - or vice versa.

vCash
    It wasn't the best, but not the worst either. I'm a longtime Kurt fan so somewhat biased ... I loved seeing "That's Entertainment" again after all these years. And I loved the new "Luck Be a Lady" ... done in hockey skates! Fricking impressive!

I was a bit disappointed that the two programs Tessa & Scott did were the ones we've seen before a million times. (the Mahler LP and the "Everybody Dance Now" ex piece) But the Mahler with show lighting was nice.

I didn't care for the music in Jamie & David's program ... but the program rocked. Different side of them we haven't seen before. Given what was going on at the time in their personal lives ... kinda fitting!

Enjoyed Jeff's and Shawn's and Marie-France&Patrice's performances. Joannie and Cynthia were ok, but same old same old. Group number was meh.

vCash
    Unfortunately, I missed the show.

vCash
    I actually thought it was one of the better shows from last few years as it was my dream cast, all my CDN favs still skating were part of it, perhaps only one or 2 were missing from the line up. Marie and Patch really sizzled and reminded me how much I have missed them since the pregnancy. While it's true V&M did the numbers mentioned above they did a cool new twist on one of the signature balance moves, so do pay attention. This is one SOI show I will record on DVD if my hubby can put back the cables to do it, as it was worth saving for posterity. Really enjoyed the entire cast and Rochette's number Imortal was one of my all time favorite performances from her so in this case I didn't mind that it was not a new one. Jamie and David actually surprized and I agree they rocked it with a new dancier side to their skating, while still doing all their tricks, whee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    ... While it's true V&M did the numbers mentioned above they did a cool new twist on one of the signature balance moves, so do pay attention. ...
    If it's the one I'm thinking of (the move they dubbed "The Canada Goose"), it's actually a cool old twist. That's the way they originally designed the move, with Tessa doing the jump dismount, and they competed it that way at a couple of Grand Prix events last year. But then they started getting a vibe that they might get a penalty at Olympics if they did it that way, if the jump were considered an illegal dance move. So they changed it in the competition to be safe -- but put it back in for the exhibitions.

vCash
    No, it is yet another different version and it's in the ballet pgm not Mahler, though the Goose one you are talking about is also in the Mahler SOI version....