Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    well he is French, I am not surprised. That's the impression I have of French and Italian men. Always having sex with someone..
    Yes, that's my impression as well. I have also heard that men of other nationalities have been known to cheat too. I have heard, Americans, British, Russian, Canadian, Latino, Bulgarian ... wait, maybe it would be easier to list the nationalities of men that DON'T cheat.

I'll get back to you on that, as soon as I think of any.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Lots of men cheat, unfortunately. And women too.

vCash
    Maybe originally it was him filing, but then for whatever reason, they wanted it known that she was filing. Sometimes, image is everything.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    Is it too snarky to say people are crazy for getting in relationships with professional athletes? lol
    Well, I was married to a professional athlete, and if he hadn't died chances are we would still be married. Why would pro athletes be more prone to infidelity than other men ?
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Pro athletes tend to cheat more because it's easier, women are around them more often. Same goes for musicians etc.

But really, many men cheat; there have been lots of studies on it, but yeah many women cheat as well. I say just date then, don't marry if you know you can't stop yourself instead of hurting others.

vCash
    She decided that he was, in fact, too tall for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Well, I was married to a professional athlete, and if he hadn't died chances are we would still be married. Why would pro athletes be more prone to infidelity than other men ?
    Professional athletes have women hitting on them all the time. Because they have money (and in most cases good bodies too) Of course not all professional athletes cheat, but I'd imagine being away from home etc and with all of the opportunities that it can be difficult even for the good ones.

vCash
    Is it too snarky to say people are crazy for getting in relationships with professional athletes? lol
    Oddly enough, her castmate's character is going through a similar divorce on DH this season.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Professional athletes have women hitting on them all the time. Because they have money (and in most cases good bodies too) Of course not all professional athletes cheat, but I'd imagine being away from home etc and with all of the opportunities that it can be difficult even for the good ones.
    Oh thank you Bek, I would never have figured that out on my own . Just for the record, they usually have good bodies first, and good money only later, not the other way around Musicians, doctors, actors, politicians, public figures, + all rich and/or good looking men have women hitting on them all the time. It's exactly the same for women in the same position by the way. Fame and power are real aphrodisiacs, we all know that. It doesn't mean you have to be crazy to get into a relationship with a pro athlete or any public figure. You just have to be prepared to fight (mostly against your own fears and against people trying to drag you down) and to learn how to trust. Also, as a sports psychologist, I've known men who were very uncomfortable with the attention they got and all these women swarming around them. They didn't recognize themselves in the image of the man who'll cheat every time he can because he feels lonely away from home or because he can't resist women jumping on him. They even resented women deeply for such a generalization. How can you have a normal relationship if all the woman you've just met can think is how many times you're going to cheat on her ? It's over before it began. Cut the men in general some slack. Most of them are actually able to use their brain. I mean the one inside their skull, not the other one .
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Oh thank you Bek, I would never have figured that out on my own . Just for the record, they usually have good bodies first, and good money only later, not the other way around Musicians, doctors, actors, politicians, public figures, + all rich and/or good looking men have women hitting on them all the time. It's exactly the same for women in the same position by the way. Fame and power are real aphrodisiacs, we all know that. It doesn't mean you have to be crazy to get into a relationship with a pro athlete or any public figure. You just have to be prepared to fight (mostly against your own fears and against people trying to drag you down) and to learn how to trust. Also, as a sports psychologist, I've known men who were very uncomfortable with the attention they got and all these women swarming around them. They didn't recognize themselves in the image of the man who'll cheat every time he can because he feels lonely away from home or because he can't resist women jumping on him. They even resented women deeply for such a generalization. How can you have a normal relationship if all the woman you've just met can think is how many times you're going to cheat on her ? It's over before it began. Cut the men in general some slack. Most of them are actually able to use their brain. I mean the one inside their skull, not the other one .
    When I was saying all that, I wasn't saying that a woman would be crazy to get involved with a professional athlete. Because there are professional athletes who are really good guys, who would never cheat on their wives. In contrast, there are ministers who cheat.

Women and men both need to just know the characters of the people they are getting involved with, no matter what their careers are.
    Last edited by bek; 11-18-2010 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    sez that she was no saint in this marriage either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    sez that she was no saint in this marriage either.
    oooohh! If thats the case than I actually feel bad for Parker, if she's playing victim.

vCash
    or ACTRESSES?

Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    oooohh! If thats the case than I actually feel bad for Parker, if she's playing victim.
    I'm told she lurves . It's funny, the first news reports said HE was filing for divorce from HER. Then a denial. NOW, SHE is filing for divorce from HIM?

vCash
    It's funny, the first news reports said HE was filing for divorce from HER. Then a denial. NOW, SHE is filing for divorce from HIM?
    Well, I thought that possibly the reason for the retraction of the initial reports was because they were wrong about who was the party filing for divorce, not that the divorce was happening. Unless you think she has enough muscle power to strong arm poor little Tony into retracting his own filing and letting her be the dumper rather than the dumpee. I suppose anything is possible, but seems a bit grassy knoll to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Well, I thought that possibly the reason for the retraction of the initial reports was because they were wrong about who was the party filing for divorce, not that the divorce was happening. Unless you think she has enough muscle power to strong arm poor little Tony into retracting his own filing and letting her be the dumper rather than the dumpee. I suppose anything is possible, but seems a bit grassy knoll to me.
    It could be a million reasons. How could she strong-arm him? She knows something about him he doesn't want exposed to the public? Like that?

vCash
    It could be a million reasons. How could she strong-arm him? She knows something about him he doesn't want exposed to the public? Like that?
    Occam's razor -- the initial reports said Tony was filing for divorce, but the reality was Eva was the one who filed the papers.

vCash
    In the end, another marriage kaput.

vCash
    Guess they don't have the same agreement as another NBA player and his wife have: he can cheat once a year.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/6...ce-a-year.html

http://deadspin.com/sports/nba/kiril...nks-157976.php

http://www.seattlepi.com/moore/261855_moore06.html

vCash
    ....I'm told she lurves . It's funny, the first news reports said HE was filing for divorce from HER. Then a denial. NOW, SHE is filing for divorce from HIM?
    Occam's razor -- the initial reports said Tony was filing for divorce, but the reality was Eva was the one who filed the papers.
    My understanding is that Tony actually did file for divorce but in Texas. Some people are speculating that Eva didn't like Tony getting the jump on her so she had her PR person release the statement denying the divorce so that she could be the one to file.

What a mess.

vCash
    Five Things to Know About Tony Parker's Alleged Textmate

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b211...y_parkers.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast