Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash

"Don't Touch My Junk!"

In any case, the TSA screener advised Tyner that the pat-down process would include brushing against his groin. "We're going to be doing a groin check," the screener says. And to this Tyner replies, "You touch my junk and I'm going to have you arrested."
    I'd expect Mr. Tyner's line to launch a thousand interviews, but he probably can't fly to any of them.

http://www.xomba.com/dont_touch_my_j...sa_agent_video

Here's hoping that this line won't become a rallying cry at airports....I suspect it will cause more trouble than it's worth. Myself, I'd go through the X-ray machine for now.

Some youtube vids of the incident have been taken down, but this one is still up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7txGw...layer_embedded

vCash
    Some of the comments on that youtube video are just downright

vCash
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Flying is a privilege. Not a right.

I wouldn't want him on the plane if he wasn't scanned or searched like everyone else.

vCash
    From the FSU title I thought this was going to be a story about "Hoarders"
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Wow, what an annoying idiot. If I had to deal with people like this on a daily basis, I would flip out really quick.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Did they explain who was recording this? Did he set his phone to record before he even went through the security?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I saw this jerk and I'm glad they wouldn't let him on the plane. I did agree with one of the male passenger they interviewed who went through the full-body screening and said "Heck, if somebody gets turned on looking at this old body, good for them! Have a nice day!"
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    They said on the news that Tyner recorded it on his phone. Not sure when he turned it on.

When I first heard the headline, I thought he meant junk like in his suitcase. But no, he meant his own junk.
    What would Jenny do?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    They said on the news that Tyner recorded it on his phone. Not sure when he turned it on.
    The fact he seemed to be recording it before anything was happening made me wonder if he was trying to make an issue out of this either to make his point or look for his 5 minutes of fame.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    ^exactly

vCash
    Azzhole attempting to promote himself to reality TV famewhore.

Touch my junk all you want (though I'd not recommend lingering), if that's what it takes for me to not die in a fireball in the sky.

As for those who (unlike this guy) are TRULY protesting/yelling about the invasion of privacy blah blah blah ... maybe we can have flights for those who want to not die in a sky terror episode, and those who want to whine about having their boxers, turbans, shoes, or what-not searched.

Let 'em retain 100% of their precious rights - that were written before flying and techno terrorism was imaginable - and with that let them live (or die) with the heightened chance of being a terror victim. Meanwhile, my scanned and/or felt up friends and I will enjoy our safer rides.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    These replies sadden me. Are you all really that ready to submit to OTT government intrusion in exchange for the illusion of "safe" flying?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Well, I think your reply needs a reality check. If you think there is any hope of improving safety for people without intruding on their privacy in various ways you're sadly mistaken. People want to be safe but they want to be left alone all under the guise of 'freedom' and 'privacy'. It's a nice thought, but not really possible.

I appreciate you might be uncomfortable with the idea of someone touching your private parts. I am, too, to a degree.

The only way to make things perfectly safe is to basically follow everyone around and track their every move...and check them thoroughly at various times. Not practical. Too expensive. Public wouldn't stand for it. Got it. There's not even enough money or time to check all checked baggage. So, we're limited in what we can do.

But there are attempts that compromise a little bit of privacy for the sake of improved safety. Because of what I just said, no, skies would never be 100% safe. But, we can improve safety by being super diligent about checking people and their possessions as best we can prior to the plane taking off. That's the big picture people should be buying in to. Correlating a groin pat to safe skies is a very narrow and impractical perspective on what's happening here. I think more people might get on board with the current solution by dialing into the bigger strategy as the government is doing what it thinks is best with the resources it has for the sake of what will never be 'safe' flying -- but certainly safer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    These replies sadden me. Are you all really that ready to submit to OTT government intrusion in exchange for the illusion of "safe" flying?
    On the one hand it is unfortunate that we have to go through this intrusion....I've always liked that saying by Ben Franklin that goes something like "those who would give up essential liberties for security deserve neither". There must be a better way, some technology out there that would permit screening without such invasion of personal space.

However, taking it out on the poor TSA agent is ridiculous. Does Mr. "Don't touch my junk" really think that the TSA agents get some sort of thrill from feeling up strangers? It's their job. And it's a sucky job. They have to put their hands on hundreds of strangers a day. And I'm sure they're very much aware that they're invading peoples personal space and angering or humiliating them. You'd have to be quite the sociopath to enjoy a job that involves that. So, sorry Mr. "Don't touch my junk", but it's not always about you. Or your junk. Get over yourself.

(Of course, it will probably be a bit more difficult for me to feel sorry for the TSA agents if I'm the one getting patted down the next time I fly.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Yes.

Besides, if you don/t want to be patted down, then just walk through the scanner. Or don't fly.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Sad.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Yes, it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    Besides, if you don/t want to be patted down, then just walk through the scanner.
    Even walking thru the scanner doesn't mean you won't get your "junk" touched as well. Read Dave Barry's column linked above.

I'm with milanessa. The TSA charade is intended to create an illusion - and obviously it works.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    So when the next terrorist attempt involves a tampon like device all of you people are ready to lay back on a table, spread them and let some stranger off the street stick their fingers up you??

As for TSA agents, they need better training. Flown enough to know that the odd palms down body rub I get from the odd TSA agent is not the same I get in other places where they use the side of their hand.

Also just saw a bit on TV about some child (looked to be about 6) screaming and yelling for the TSA agent to stop touching her. The video showed this agent wrapping both hands around the legs etc. gliding up and down. I fly with my kids and one of them is 12. In EVERY instance that she gets picked for a random search they swab her hands because they are NOT allowed to pat down children 12 and under. If that's not the same policy of the TSA then people should be objecting and asking questions. Keep accepting whatever they throw at you and you´ll be having rectal and vaginal exams at the airports.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast