vCash

Favorite Skating Dress Websites

I have been searching the internet for hours looking for that just right dress for my daughter. I love Sharene dresses they are my favorite. But they dont have the "look" i am looking for and I dont want to spend the extra money to have it custom made!

So as I browsed my favorite dress websites I noticed they never pulled up in a google search.

I would love to know your favorite website for skating appareal! Specially any "local" not so well known dress makers.

For skirts I love TLV Ice Fashions who doesnt have a website yet. They sell locally (not around me) but do list occasionaly on ebay.

For a quick amazing quality dress that is EXTREMELY reasonable or that fabulous practice dress. We always go straight to www.icingsoriginals.com

Whats yours?

vCash
    I just bought an Imperial dress on ebay because I liked the style. Hopefully, it gets here quickly.

http://www.imperialsportswear.com/

Wendesign dresses that are made in Canada are also very nice and have a lot of options in terms of styles.

http://www.skatingdress.com/

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    My favorite dresses are Jerry's. Their adult large fits me well - I'm 5'7" - and dresses that size are so hard to find. Also moderately priced around $120 and many different designs. They have lots for kids as well. They only sell wholesale, so you will have to check their website for a style number and then google the number to see which shops sell that design.

vCash
    I like Freda B:

They do stock, and semi-custom, as well as custom work. All at what I consider to be reasonable prices. Their semi-custom stuff is what I stick with. With semi-custom, you take pieces from their different stock dresses, and they'll assemble the design together and custom make it to fit your body. You can have them add embellishments as well - stones and etc. Thus I got the top from one dress, the skirt from another, in the color I wanted, with stones, in my perfect size, all for maybe $200. It would have been cheaper if I hadn't gotten the stones. Compared to the custom dresses I'd been looking at, that $200 was wicked cheap.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    does anyone know of a website where they make dance dresses - ie longer dresses? it can even be a ballet website (preferably clearance )

vCash
    I love figureskatewear.com I buy the off the rack dresses they do through main street dancewear, but she does lovely custom work too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    does anyone know of a website where they make dance dresses - ie longer dresses? it can even be a ballet website (preferably clearance )
    Del Arbour has some stock dance dresses but can also make any dress with a dance skirt - same semi-custom process Garr described above. I ordered a semi-custom freestyle dress through them once and they were very easy to work with - sent it within the time frame they gave and when there was a little problem with it, they fixed it very quickly and shipped it back to me free of charge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    Frieda B will put a dance skirt on any dress you'd like. You can also specify if you want it to be longer, and by how much.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Frieda B will put a dance skirt on any dress you'd like. You can also specify if you want it to be longer, and by how much.
    ShareneSkatewear.com also offers dance length skirts on all of their dresses.
    I also recall that Jerry's seems to make lots of ice dance dresses.

vCash
    I get my dresses from US Icewear and from Brad Griffes. You can buy their basic dresses and then bead them yourself or find someone slightly cheaper. Both companies make very comfortable and very durable dresses. Both make very nice dance dresses and have a good variety of fabrics.