Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If Lepisto and Korpii skated clean programmes at World's

They'd challenge for Gold.

Europe only has two hopes, and they're both so fragile.

Neither girl has ever skated two back to back clean programmes at the same competition, I'm HOPING that this will be the year.

Lepisto's FP at the Olympics was sensational.
    Korpii has great programmes and the jumps too.

Mao/Miki/Suzuki..........Nagasu.............Are the top gals this season and I see no reason why clean Fins couldn't beat them all.

Will they ever go clean????

vCash
    Lepisto's olympic fp cures cancer
    Korpi has one of the better programs this year, and if she lands her shites including 3-3, a spot on the podium should be a fair game. Lepisto is injured, so I'm not too optimistic about her chances, but she should contend for WG if she replicates her olympic performance.

vCash
    You should add Carolina and Ksenia to the list. I think they are very capable of winning World medals should they skate clean. I like Kiira but I don't know if she'll get the PCS.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    They'd challenge for Gold.

Europe only has two hopes, and they're both so fragile.

Neither girl has ever skated two back to back clean programmes at the same competition, I'm HOPING that this will be the year.

Lepisto's FP at the Olympics was sensational.
    Korpii has great programmes and the jumps too.

Mao/Miki/Suzuki..........Nagasu.............Are the top gals this season and I see no reason why clean Fins couldn't beat them all.

Will they ever go clean????
    Right now the World title is wide open for the ladiezzzzz. Things would be so much more interesting right now if Yu-Na and Joannie were skating; alas, they are MIA and no one IMO is stepping up to the plate in their absences. I guess if there is a favorite at the moment, it would be Miki, even though I'm not really liking either of her programs. Still, she has been getting the job done technically and her reputation at the moment is the most intact of all the ladies. Caro and Alissa have to prove that they can be reliable. Mao has to shake off her recent habit of melting down or else she could inherit the nickname Meltdown Mao. Mirai needs to learn how to get through a LP without a SashaLPfreakout(TM). Laura needs to get healthy and stop being a DoublejumpDiva. Kiira and Akiko need to overcome their pop-itis; singling jumps is so 1914.

vCash
    ..but when was the last time Kiira skated a clean program? I think all the ones I've seen have had tons of popped jumps.

vCash
    Well, Kiira is beautiful, but her skating always seems a bit tight to me. And she rarely lands all of her jumps. I doubt she will medal at Worlds.

vCash
    Lepisto could probably win gold since she's the judges' pet.

vCash
    If Yu Na shows up at Worlds at even 80% she will cakewalk to it this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Right now the World title is wide open for the ladiezzzzz. Things would be so much more interesting right now if Yu-Na and Joannie were skating; alas, they are MIA and no one IMO is stepping up to the plate in their absences. I guess if there is a favorite at the moment, it would be Miki, even though I'm not really liking either of her programs. Still, she has been getting the job done technically and her reputation at the moment is the most intact of all the ladies. Caro and Alissa have to prove that they can be reliable. Mao has to shake off her recent habit of melting down or else she could inherit the nickname Meltdown Mao. Mirai needs to learn how to get through a LP without a SashaLPfreakout(TM). Laura needs to get healthy and stop being a DoublejumpDiva. Kiira and Akiko need to overcome their pop-itis; singling jumps is so 1914.
    Having it wide open is ?

No, having Yu-Na show up and win the SP by 20 points is ! I'm happy there is actually no clear favorite this year, it makes things a bit more exicting. Right now a different lady has won every GP, it's going to come down to who nails it on competition day, and right now, that could be many people.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    No, having Yu-Na show up and win the SP by 20 points is
    If Kim is technically proficient, exciting and beautiful then I've got no problem with her showing up and winning by a mile. It's not as though anyone else has really shown anything stunning in the GP series yet, though hopefully at least some of them will improve by March.

I would like to see Kiira skate to her full potential and at least medal at Europeans. Pretty sure Ksenia will be on the European podium too. As for Laura, I'm worried that she'll be hampered by injury, and even when fit and healthy she's frustrating to watch.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Poths dear, I share your hope.
    But, first of all, Lepistö has to recover. I am afraid she still is not able to train properly.

vCash
    Having it wide open is ?

No, having Yu-Na show up and win the SP by 20 points is ! I'm happy there is actually no clear favorite this year, it makes things a bit more exicting. Right now a different lady has won every GP, it's going to come down to who nails it on competition day, and right now, that could be many people.
    Having it wide open only because no one's stepping up is
    Kim and Nakano were two skaters who always started the season strong (how Nakano didn't manage more GP golds, I'd never know). With both of them out, I've been most impressed with Czisny so far. Never in my wildest dream thought I'd say that

vCash
    If Lepisto and Korpi skated clean programs at worlds... it would mean that there really was no world championship and people were running imaginary competitions in their heads.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    at the very least - 3 ladies will be qualified for 2012 Worlds which means Susanna Poykio makes a return! (will Jenni Vahamaa ever return)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    Having it wide open only because no one's stepping up is
    Kim and Nakano were two skaters who always started the season strong (how Nakano didn't manage more GP golds, I'd never know). With both of them out, I've been most impressed with Czisny so far. Never in my wildest dream thought I'd say that
    Well Nakano was competing when Mao, Yuna, Miki and Joannie were in prime condition and Kostner was (dare I say a little more consistent). If she were still competing, given her jump contents, it will be enough to win.

vCash
    Miki is the only consistent skaters so far. With the 70% rule on the < jumps, it will definitely help her TES score wise as she is a few of the ladies attempting triple-triple. While her PCS is not sky rocketing, its strong enough. With new seasons and so many skaters getting their mojo back, the ladies field is very water down. I could definitely see someone running a way with world title and not even cracking the 190 mark.

vCash
    They can't skate clean because their program contents are beyond their capabilities. Same thing could be said to many "inconsistent" skaters, like Lambiel, Chan, Rochette, Cohen...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Miki is the only consistent skaters so far. With the 70% rule on the < jumps, it will definitely help her TES score wise as she is a few of the ladies attempting triple-triple. While her PCS is not sky rocketing, its strong enough. With new seasons and so many skaters getting their mojo back, the ladies field is very water down. I could definitely see someone running a way with world title and not even cracking the 190 mark.
    ITA. I think Miki has a great shot at another World title, and Flatt, Nagasu, Gao (whoever is on the World team) could have a good shot at medaling. The field is so totally wide open now, with Laura, Carolina injured, Mao imploding, Yuna and Joannie as question marks, Mirai still recovering, Rachael working hard on the 3lz-3lo, Alissa's seeming comeback, Ksenia being a force on the senior circut, and the last spot on the Japanese World team undetermined (likely a battle between Murakami and Suzuki).

vCash
    ^ From what it looks like, Murakami has a great chance at medalling this year. I mean her PCS is skyrocketing for someone who just came out of juniors with less hype than what Kim and Asada got when they got out of juniors.
    Last edited by smarts1; 11-15-2010 at 09:34 PM.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Having it wide open is ?

Oh, please don't misunderstand me, I love unpredictability! My boredom so far comes from not personally enjoying many of the ladies' programs yet. It's not like ice dance where I've come to absolutely love many dancers' programs upon first viewing this season. The ladies aren't really grabbing my attention yet. Standouts for me so far are Alissa's, Carolina's, and Akiko's LPs though. Let's hope they all advance to Worlds and give their best showing there! As for Yu-Na and Joannie, I miss them and their skating/programs. I don't miss Yu-Na winning SPs by 20 points at all!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast