Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Really? I hope that they don't have "Vomitorium Mouth" like Chan, do they?
    Please elaborate if this is true.. I haven't been aware of V/M hate recently

vCash
    Nancy Kerrigan
    Tara Lipinski
    Oksana Baiul
    Katarina Witt

vCash
    I would go on to my own country and Korpi and Lepistö. And especially the talks about the "pretty-bonus" and weird European conspiracies. Kostner goes to the same cathegory.

vCash
    ITA about the Hughes' sisters. Sarah practically became the Wheaties box love of the public in 2002 but internet fans hate her technique. And Emily Hughes gets lots of GP support. I was at Skate America last year and the crowd reaction for her was amazing although nothing in comparison to what Yuna received in part due to the hundreds of Korean fans that were bused in to watch from the nose-bleed section.

vCash
    Until I joined this forum, I had never once in 20+ years of following skating heard an unkind word about Scott Hamilton. Until I joined this forum...
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Personally I have no problems with Scott Hamilton a skater, but as a commentator

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Until I joined this forum, I had never once in 20+ years of following skating heard an unkind word about Scott Hamilton. Until I joined this forum...
    Me either!
    I was at the 1984 Worlds as a young teenager and he was THE catch for autograph seekers. Of course no one could catch him because he was always a blur going by!

And I had only had positive memories of him as a skater and commentator.

Maybe that is because I was a huge Orser fan in 1988 and watched the Worlds coverage on CBC that year - where Toller could not have been more drole and blase about his freeskate. But then I watched the American coverage - and although Orser did not win - I loved the way Hamilton got soooo excited about Orser's freeskate.

I am not denying that he is biased - and I guess it is understandable that his enthusiasm can be a bit much.

In general - perk seems to be a big nails on chalkboard kind of thing in here. But then I am a theatre teacher and improv coach - so I am used to that kind of personality and I suppose my job would be hell for some of the posters here.

Now I am imagining the FSU perk-haters at a Canadian Improv Games tournament! If you think Canadian Skating crowds with their standing ovations are bad - you DO NOT want to see improv students from High School from across Canada cheering each other on!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Really? I hope that they don't have "Vomitorium Mouth" like Chan, do they?
    Not to my knowledge. I haven't heard or read any negative comments from them regarding other skaters.

I just find them boring and a versatile team, at least the type of the programs that they've shown us. This my personal opinion;

A friend of mine who doesn't watch figure skating much, watched the olympics and actually didn't like Virtue and Moir. Her favorite teams were Faiella/Scali and The Kerrs. Her favorite FD was that of the F/S.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Nancy Kerrigan
    Tara Lipinski
    Oksana Baiul
    Katarina Witt
    I think Katarina has a large online following. She's one of the best skating competitors of all time.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123