Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    vCash
    EPIC FAIL by the USMNT. I don't care if the Mexican ref wasn't good or that the pitch was terrible, you adapt and you overcome. Klinsmann deserves a lot of the blame for putting together a lineup that was bound to have problems because he started 3 d-mids. No possession, no width= bad result.

If there ever was a must win game, next Tuesday is it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    EPIC FAIL by the USMNT. I don't care if the Mexican ref wasn't good or that the pitch was terrible, you adapt and you overcome. Klinsmann deserves a lot of the blame for putting together a lineup that was bound to have problems because he started 3 d-mids. No possession, no width= bad result.

If there ever was a must win game, next Tuesday is it.
    The anti-Klinsmann element on BS is at full howl. He's badly underestimated the difficulty of advancing in CONCACAF. If the USA does not advance to Brazil 2014 he's probably gone.

NJL

ETA: OTOH, the USA U-20 WNT just won their age group WC in Japan defeating Germany 1-0. It was German's 1st goal conceded during the tournament, and their only defeat, plus they had defeated the USA 0-3 during tournament group play. Congrats to the USA ladies for a job well done........
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 09-08-2012 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    The anti-Klinsmann element on BS is at full howl. He's badly underestimated the difficulty of advancing in CONCACAF. If the USA does not advance to Brazil 2014 he's probably gone.

NJL
    I've read some of that stuff, such a change from a couple of weeks ago after the USA beat Mexico in Azteca.

But I also think you are right about Klinsmann underestimating CONCACAF. Lots of eyes looking at Klinsy and what lineup he'll put out there on the 11th.

vCash

Cool

I've read some of that stuff, such a change from a couple of weeks ago after the USA beat Mexico in Azteca.

But I also think you are right about Klinsmann underestimating CONCACAF. Lots of eyes looking at Klinsy and what lineup he'll put out there on the 11th.
    A loss Tuesday night and they are in deep, deep do-do. We've never won in Jamaica, although before the other night we'd get a draw, and Jamaica has never won here. Here's hoping that happens Tuesday.

You're right. It will be interesting to see what kind of team he puts on the field to start the game. As interesting to see how he handles his subs, too.

NJL

vCash
    Oh wow Jamaica!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Oh wow Jamaica!
    it's okay.. the squeaked out a win.. which is good considering they didn't have some key players.. I have selfish reasons for the Americans to do well as it likely means we will get more games on TV

England tied - and were lucky to do that in the 87th minute from Lampard.. made more difficult as England was down to 10 men due to my beloved Gerrard ( I won't mention anything about LFC as I'm in a major depression over their demise)

Still don't know the score of the Canada game
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    You do now. Panama won 2-0.

vCash
    USA 1 v 0 Jamaica.

The USA dominated but could only score once on a free kick by Herculez Gomez in the 2nd half. That's enough for the 3 points. The USA is now tied with Guatemala for 1st in group. All 3 teams, the USA, Guatemala & Jamaica have identical 2-1-1 records for 7 point in group, Jamaica drops to 3rd place on goal differential.

The USA plays at Antigua & Barbuda on 10/12/12 & finishes against Guatemala on 10/16/12. This win puts them in the thick of a 3 way race to be one of the top 2 finishers in the group that will advance to the CONCACAF hexagonal final round. Three of the six teams in the Hex will advance to Brazil 2014.

GO USA!!!

NJL (let the good times roll...the lynch mob after Klinsmann has quieted a bit......)
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 09-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    Well, they bent the posts three times, this game could easily have been 4-0. Klinsi smartened up and played Zusi and Cherundolo on the right side and they were very dangerous. Which is the wide play they were missing last week.

Hopefully Landon and Bradley will be healthy for the next two games and the USA can post the 6 points they need to ensure they get through to the hex.

vCash

Thumbs up

Well, they bent the posts three times, this game could easily have been 4-0. Klinsi smartened up and played Zusi and Cherundolo on the right side and they were very dangerous. Which is the wide play they were missing last week.

Hopefully Landon and Bradley will be healthy for the next two games and the USA can post the 6 points they need to ensure they get through to the hex.

NJL (......)

vCash
    Evidently there's a new soccer magazine coming out called "Howler", and in their first issue they are publishing an article about the state of the USMNT since 1990. IMHO, it's an outstanding analysis of where we've been, and points to where we are going. Highly recommended reading: http://whatahowler.tumblr.com/post/3...merican-soccer

vCash
    Champions League starts today!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Champions League starts today!!!
    I'll second the . Chelsea looking scattered at home against Juve, but still ahead and bf is now on the pitch as a late sub for Oscar (who was brilliant in the first half).

ETA: And a that was a very nice 1-2 with Hazard, but shot goes into the side of the net.
    Last edited by ioana; 09-19-2012 at 09:27 PM.

vCash

Cool

Puerto Rico 0 v 0 LA Galaxy

Interesting final. Much better for PR than the 1st game.

NJL

ETA: and Pia coached her last game for the USWNT last night in Denver - USA 6 v 2 Australia.
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 09-20-2012 at 05:48 PM.

vCash
    From a Galaxy perspective there's two thoughts...

1) need to practice finishing

2) an incredibly boring game....

vCash

Cool

From a Galaxy perspective there's two thoughts...

1) need to practice finishing

2) an incredibly boring game....
    #2 says it all......

NJL (.....there are times it ain't the beautiful game... ...)

vCash
    Brilliant goal -and assist- from Chelsea's win yesterday. Eys, I'm a very unbiased observer.

http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspo...toke-city.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Brilliant goal -and assist- from Chelsea's win yesterday. Eys, I'm a very unbiased observer.

http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspo...toke-city.html
    He was so happy; it was a fantastic goal!!!

vCash

Unhappy

NASL season is over for the Strikers. They lost 1-3 to the Carolina Railhawks (whatever that is) in Cary, NC last night in the NASL playoffs quarter finals. This to a team that did not beat the Strikers in 4 games during the regular season.

The Strikers had the worst road record in the NASL in 2012, 1 win in 14 games & generated but 8 points out of a possible 42, and it showed last night. Their performance was pathetic.

On to 2013 & a spring/fall split season. Since next years playoffs involve 2 teams in a 1 game championship game the Strikers have to do do better than a 4th place (2011) or 5th place (2012) finish to even qualify. But, the NY Cosmos join the league in 2013 and that is supposed to make up for everything.

We'll see.

NJL

vCash
    Spurs beat Man U 3-2. Dismal start to the season. *shrugs*
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast