Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I envy you 4kidz! Have fun and spare a thought while you are there for those of us who has to work. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Yikes, I have NO hope that Blatter has any intention of actually investigating what the entire world knows was a corrupt process. I mean, Qatar? Really?
    LOL ITA. Every time someone even mentions Qatar I get well... The YouTube video below says it all better than I could.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?client=...&v=HPdhzsyTSyw

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Liverpool started their North American tour so i'm excited.. heading to watch their practise on Friday, game on Saturday in Toronto.. then hubby heading to Boston to watch them next week.
    I am thinking about going to the Boston game, but still not sure about it. Have fun in Toronto & hopefully same thing holds true for your husband at Fenway (wonder what football looks like from Green Monstah seats).

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...t0ciocUGJxRP75

Chelsea's PSG game in NY is on tap for this weekend, but Romeu and Mata are both staying in Spain to train for the Olympics (methinks losing a friendly to Senegal has something to do with a more intense training camp now). Should be fun to see Torres and David Luiz live.

And all this talk about Torres and Liverpool at the same time reminds me of this. Not meant as a reminder for Liverpool fans that are still upset about the transfer...just love the ad.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    I am thinking about going to the Boston game, but still not sure about it. Have fun in Toronto & hopefully same thing holds true for your husband at Fenway (wonder what football looks like from Green Monstah seats).

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...t0ciocUGJxRP75

Chelsea's PSG game in NY is on tap for this weekend, but Romeu and Mata are both staying in Spain to train for the Olympics (methinks losing a friendly to Senegal has something to do with a more intense training camp now). Should be fun to see Torres and David Luiz live.

And all this talk about Torres and Liverpool at the same time reminds me of this. Not meant as a reminder for Liverpool fans that are still upset about the transfer...just love the ad.
    OMG I had never seen that Ad.. My hubby grew up right underneath Everton's grounds (little terraced houses).. he will get a kick out of that ad..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash

Thumbs up

Going to Chelsea v AC Milan on July 28th @ SunLife (Dolphin/Joe Robbie) Stadium. Over 50K tickets sold so far. Probably 60K could be sold by gameday.

NJL (we'll be behind the east goal....section 128, I believe....all in Striker red & yellow hoops.......)

vCash
    Just saw some info online that ticket sales for the women's Olympic tournament are abyssmally bad. The USA v, France game that features two exciting teams who were played against each other in the WWC semi's have sold all of 200 tickets. That is no mistake, 200 freakin tickets. The GB women's team has sold 30k seats for their first game, but evidently the Brits support women's soccer about as much as the Brazillian's do.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    According to some articles, they had to scale down on the tickets available for men's soccer as well. I always thought it was a little overly-optimistic they'd try and pack major stadium for group games like Honduras-Japan (or any other teams without big name recognition), but the sales you mentioned for some women's game are downright depressing.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...718-22aqd.html

vCash
    I have to admit that I have never even seen a single Olympic footie match. LOL

vCash
    Too bad Buzz, the women's finals the last four Olympics have been awesome games. Including the 2000 final where the USA women got hosed on a hand-ball non-call.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Too bad Buzz, the women's finals the last four Olympics have been awesome games. Including the 2000 final where the USA women got hosed on a hand-ball non-call.
    two of my favourite olympic sports are women's hockey and women's footie..I would go if it was a little closer..

NJL.. have fun I'm excited for the Liverpool game too

vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    two of my favourite olympic sports are women's hockey and women's footie..I would go if it was a little closer..

NJL.. have fun I'm excited for the Liverpool game too
    4rkidz...I will, thank you.

This is the 3rd or 4th international exhibition game played at Sunlife (Joe Robbie - Dolphins) Stadium this year. The stadium owners the, Miami Dolphins, are claiming that they'll make more $$$ from these games that from all 81 regular season Marlin games last year. They are so enthused about all this that they now want an MLS team in the big 75,000+ stadium. I'd love to have MLS back in South Florida, but not in that big barn & not owned by the current Dolphin ownership. It is among the NFL's worst.

Plus, they'd probably kill my beloved NASL, 2nd Division Ft Lauderdale Strikers. That's the team I'd love to see grow into MLS. Along with the newest addition to NASL next year (2013), the New York Cosmos.

We'll see what comes of all this. The last we heard MLS wants 3rd Division Orlando City to move up as "Florida's team". Or a team from "Miami". Or Atlanta. Or Timbuktu. Who knows...

NJL

vCash
    Doesn't look like MLS is in any hurry to add another team anytime soon. They clearly want the Cosmos in the league, but they were smart to put that into the "show me" mode. And seeing that the Red Bulls are hardly a huge drawing card despite their beautiful new stadium, I'd be cautious putting another team into the NY market at this point.

MLS would do better to see about fixing franchises in trouble before expanding next. Both Columbus and Dallas are bleeding money and Chivas isn't far behind. Chivas needs better ownership and their own place, Columbus and Dallas both need better marketing.

Now is the time to consolidate the successes in Port, Van, Tor, MTL leaguewide and not get greedy.

vCash
    Sad to hear the difficulties some teams are having. Does this mean the MLS is in trouble?

vCash
    Not at all Buzz. Things are going gangbusters in a lot of places. San Jose just drew 50k for a recent match against LA. Seattle regularly gets over 35k per match. Portland draws beyond seating capacity at every game. Frankly, I think everyone should see a match at Jeld-Wen field in Portland. Just an outstanding environment to watch footie.

But there are a few franchises that are struggling, which would be true in any league. IMO, the struggling teams are in locations that for the most part (save Chivas) should be good draws. Columbus used to be a great franchise, but the wheels have fallen off. Dallas has never been a huge draw, and even though they have some decent talent (Brek Shea) the metroplex doesn't seem to be interested in the product. NYRB is also strange since they have world class talent in Henry, Marquez and Cooper, yet there seem to be indifference in the NY/NJ area. With all three, winning would help ALOT, but no way Dallas or Columbus is going to do that anytime soon i'm afraid.

vCash
    I really should do my part and drag myself to more TFC games.

vCash
    Also Buzz, TV ratings are up for MLS... http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/D...l-Ratings.aspx

vCash
    Oh yeah transfer season is still on and Ibrahimovic is off to PSG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I really should do my part and drag myself to more TFC games.
    you should.. they looked quite good.. LFC looked like sh@t.. but I was conflicted anyway as was happy for Toronto too.. although ended up with a tie.. in my eyes LFC lost Hopefully they will have a decent team actually out and playing for Boston.. just goes to show though that the MLS is really closing the gap now with European teams.. not quite.. but getting closer... just wish some big name players would sign up with more MLS teams..

vCash
    I went to the Chelsea - PSG match at Yankee Stadium Sunday

http://sdrv.ms/MApE93

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/w...photo=31213020

vCash
    I watched that one on tv! LOL Looks like a very well attended game.

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast