Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I was hoping no one would have noticed that....
    An upset like that is always the lead story, Buzz....

NJL (......)

vCash
    Just wanted to add that I went to the Real Madrid vs Málaga game back in March in Madrid. My seat was in the second highest row from the top of the stadium. They call this part of the stadium vomitorio. No kidding. I should have taken a picture of the sign.

vCash
    Piermario Morosini an Italian 2nd devision footballer died yesterday after collapsing on the field. He suffered a heart attack less than one month after Fabrice Muamba also had a heart attack. He is still in hospital.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

vCash
    RIP, Piermario. What a tragedy and apparently his mother, father and brother all died when he was he was a teen at separate times and now he leaves behind a disabled sister.

vCash
    My heart and prayers go out to her and her family. He was WAAAAAAY to young to die.

vCash

Unhappy

My heart and prayers go out to her and her family. He was WAAAAAAY to young to die.
    I 2nd this. Any young 'un in his 20's is way to young to go. Especially one with responsibilities. Infinitely tragic.

NJL

vCash
    Barcelona - Chelsea

Exciting first 10 minutes.

Huh. 1-0 for Chelsea after the first half of the first leg. Who would have thought.
    Last edited by Gil-Galad; 04-18-2012 at 08:37 PM.

vCash
    Brilliant defending by Chelsea. Back 8 moved as a unit....and then got a bit lucky at the end.

vCash
    Even I did not expect that result. Still testing over it.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Brilliant defending by Chelsea. Back 8 moved as a unit....and then got a bit lucky at the end.
    A BIT lucky? Outrageously lucky is what you mean. Plus, they seemed to catch Barca on an off day. For all of that, they earned the 1-0 win. My hat's off to Chelsea for their play in that game. Now all they have to do is repeat this performance at Camp Nou....

NJL

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    so booked my hubby's tickets to Boston for Liverpool FC their tour of NA this summer.. it actually falls on our anniversary - 26 years.. never missed a one but I'll accept it for footie Now found out that they are also playing in Toronto so I will actually go to that game
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    My favourite team, BVB 09, became the German Champion for the second time in a row yesterday! Never thought they'd defend their title...

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    A BIT lucky? Outrageously lucky is what you mean. Plus, they seemed to catch Barca on an off day. For all of that, they earned the 1-0 win. My hat's off to Chelsea for their play in that game. Now all they have to do is repeat this performance at Camp Nou....

NJL
    Now, since Barca lost "El Clasico" to Real Madrid 2-1, thus probably sealing Real winning the league title, Chelsea has to play at Nou Camp against a Barca team that has lost 2 straight games that everyone thought they'd win. They may have to do it without Didier Drogba playing because of an injury. A tall order to win with him. Probably impossible without him.

The EPL Championship will go to the City of Manchester. But, since Man U was tied 4-4 by Everton Sunday & Man City won 2-0 to close to 3 points behind Man U, and, they play at Man U's home field Saturday, it could be either team. If Man U wins I can't see them not winning their last 2. The same for Man City.

It is getting interesting in Europe...

NJL

vCash
    Chelsea through to the final

And what a game.

John Terry is an idiot.

So happy for Chelsea though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    John Terry is an idiot
    Today proved this over and over again. But I guess he's bulletproof to the Blues, as seemingly no matter how much he screws up on and off the pitch, he's their guy.

Barca should be embarrassed that they had no answer for the Chelsea bunker.

And kudos to Torres for saving his otherwise horrendous season with a clutch breakaway goal as you'd ever see.

vCash
    This cannot be happening!

vCash
    And kudos to Torres for saving his otherwise horrendous season with a clutch breakaway goal as you'd ever see.
    I had to when the first reaction from Sky commentators was 'he's just paid off his 50 million signing fee.'

And I loved the guardian's live blog comments on John Terry claiming his foul was unintentional.
    "John Terry is claiming he didn't deliberately knee Sanchez in the back. Oh John. Yes you did. They have these things called cameras, you see."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...eague-live-mbm

Now, how do I get out of our all-important work meeting later on today to watch Real's game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    Chelsea through to the final

And what a game.

John Terry is an idiot.

So happy for Chelsea though.
    Well said on all of the above. Each of Terry's team mates should give him a swift kick in his gluteus maximus for one of the most profound brain farts in the history of the sport.

I'm not a Chelsea fan, but I gave them a standing O at the final whistle. One of the most memorable games ever.

Today proved this over and over again. But I guess he's bulletproof to the Blues, as seemingly no matter how much he screws up on and off the pitch, he's their guy.

Barca should be embarrassed that they had no answer for the Chelsea bunker.

Barca's plan B was to keep trying plan A over and over and over. It was actually working, up to a point, but they just could not finish when it was needed in either game, especially Messi. They looked befuddled and emotionally drained during the 2nd half with no idea why the magic was no longer working.

This cannot be happening!
    That's what Messi, Guardiola, Iniesta, the 90,000+ fans in Nou Camp, et al were thinking from Chelsea's stunning 1st half added time goal to the final whistle.

I dearly love Barca's version of "the Beautiful Game". When it is working, it can be breathtaking. When it isn't, and you have no other way to approach the game, it is frustrating to the point of weeping. As Chelsea and Real have proved in the last week, there is more than 1 way to play the game to win a match. Or a 2 game series.

Barca also had some chances and simply couldn't do anything with them. Chelsea scored on the only 2 chances they had during the game - and, yes, I was delighted for Mr Torres getting the finisher - his season has been a horror. That might take a bit of the sting out of it.

Chelsea earned it & Barca didn't.

NJL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    And I loved the guardian's live blog comments on John Terry claiming his foul was unintentional.
    "John Terry is claiming he didn't deliberately knee Sanchez in the back. Oh John. Yes you did. They have these things called cameras, you see."
    I adore the guardian's live blog. They have a great sense of humour.

-----

I don't want a penalty shootout here...

-----

Bayern through. And while it was a surprisingly shaky penalty shootout for German standards - I still ask myself why a team like Madrid risks a penalty shootout against a German team. If there is one thing we are good at in football, it's penalty shootouts.

Also, Kroos and Lahm will get their citizenship revoked for those two awful penalties. We have a European Championship to play this summer, they can't miss penalties. (Actually, Lahm's wasn't really bad, Casillas was just brilliant on that one)
    Last edited by Gil-Galad; 04-25-2012 at 11:36 PM.

vCash
    Congrats to Bayern and bummer for Real. Still getting over my darling Barca's early trip home.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast