Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think the snood ban is kind of dumb. They have been wearing them in Serie A for years. It started out at -7 C last night at the Shakhtar/Roma game! The GKs should at least be allowed to keep them, since they don't get to get run around, poor things!

vCash
    Spurs and Schalke moves on in the CL while the Russian PL started up again today with the usual suspects winning their opeing matches. Man U is still holding on to the top spot in the EPL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Barca just had too much for the Gunners. And losing Van Persie just rubbed salt on the wound
    Especially losing van Persie to one of the stupidest yellow cards this ex-referee has ever seen....

OTOH, the Gunners were going to lose that match with van Persie or without him. Remember that they never had one shot on goal. Their only goal was a Barca own goal. Barca was on it's game big time & had numerous chances to score and were successful on 3 of them. It was simply a case of the better team winning both the set and the match.

vCash
    I agree-stupid, stupid yellow card for RVP. I think that ref was fed up with VP's arguing and pushing and was willing to throw the book at him. RVP has razor sharp aim, and he shot way far back from goal, so I think he did indeed hear the whistle blow and made the shot just to blow off steam. Still, I don't think he should have gotten the second yellow. However, the whole thing could have been avoided had he kept his composure during the game. Why don't these hotheads realize that you never EVER EVER EVER win when you argue with the referee?

Did anyone see the Sevilla vs Barcelona game over the weekend? Sevilla is one team that knows how to neutralize Barcas brilliant passing game...or at least make them really work for the goals.

I'm excited about today's CL games...four good teams playing today...I don't know who to cheer for...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    I agree-stupid, stupid yellow card for RVP. I think that ref was fed up with VP's arguing and pushing and was willing to throw the book at him. RVP has razor sharp aim, and he shot way far back from goal, so I think he did indeed hear the whistle blow and made the shot just to blow off steam. Still, I don't think he should have gotten the second yellow. However, the whole thing could have been avoided had he kept his composure during the game. Why don't these hotheads realize that you never EVER EVER EVER win when you argue with the referee?

anyone see the Sevilla vs Barcelona game over the weekend? Sevilla is one team that knows how to neutralize Barcas brilliant passing game...or at least make them really work for the goals.

I'm excited about today's CL games...four good teams playing today...I don't know who to cheer for...
    I caught bits & pieces of that one. It was amusing to watch the frustration on the Barca players faces. Especially on the Sevilla goal. Sevilla's game in the 2nd half was to duplicate Barca's in your face defensive style. They worked it very well. For all of that Barca hit the goal framework a couple times in the match. They very well could have scored a couple more goals for the win. Just not their day it seemed, for once...

vCash

Thumbs up MLS opens tonight

Galaxy v Sounders to start the league's 16th season. Could be a good one. Both the match & the season...

NJL (......)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    Galaxy v Sounders to start the league's 16th season. Could be a good one. Both the match & the season...

NJL (......)
    I know I should show more excitement for MLS...the games themselves are often good, but I'm just too caught up in EPL, Primera Division, Champions League, Europa..too many games, not enough time.

Watching Liverpool vs Braga ...Liverpool players are in their own little world which apparently has very little to do with football...wake up!

vCash
    Man City, Liverpool and Zenit are some of the big names out of the Europa League.

vCash
    Mohammed Bin Hammam will challenge Sepp Blatter for the FIFA presidency. As much as I would love to see Blatter tossed out of his you know what I doubt Hammam will be any better a president than Blatter.

vCash
    In an unbelievable return to the USA, Charlie Davies scores 2 goals for DC United tonight. He's come full circle in the 15 months since his accident. Truly an incredible night for him.

vCash
    Montenegrin footballer Nikola Nikezic says he was beaten into signing termination documents releasing his Russian Premier League club Kuban Krasnodar from their obligations. He has written a letter complaining about his treatment to FIFA president Sepp Blatter. The club for their part have denied the allegations. The RPL have been dogged by allegations of corruption and match fixing.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...?docId=6253890

vCash
    Today is Euro 2012 Qualifying defending World champions Spain will play Czech Republic.
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/250320...-march-25.html

vCash
    Spain won 2-1 thanks to two goal from David Villa. Would have loved to see the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Spain won 2-1 thanks to two goal from David Villa. Would have loved to see the game.
    Check ESPN3.com; I believe they have the game available for viewing. It was a good game, def worth watching...

vCash
    Friendly: USA wins against Argentina 1-1!

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg08 View Post
    Friendly: USA wins against Argentina 1-1!
    The way Argentina played the 1st half it could have been 20 - 0 instead of 1 - 0 at half time. If you've ever seen Barcelona play when they are on their game you'll have an idea how Argentina was playing. A couple subs by Bob Bradley at the half and a change of formations, to 4-4-2 from 4-5-1, made the USA much more competitive in the 2nd, tying the game in the 65th minute or so. Then the game turned into a dog fight. Friendly, my ass! Both teams wanted the win and got quite forceful about the whole thing. The near 78,000 fans, it was a sell out, at the New Giants Stadium got their money's worth. An entertaining & exciting match...

NJL (...team USA ain't the best on the planet, but they never quit and seem to be unafraid of superb teams like Argentina. Wild stuff in NJ....a great example of why this sport is the worlds most popular .....)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    The way Argentina played the 1st half it could have been 20 - 0 instead of 1 - 0 at half time. If you've ever seen Barcelona play when they are on their game you'll have an idea how Argentina was playing. A couple subs by Bob Bradley at the half and a change of formations, to 4-4-2 from 4-5-1, made the USA much more competitive in the 2nd, tying the game in the 65th minute or so. Then the game turned into a dog fight. Friendly, my ass! Both teams wanted the win and got quite forceful about the whole thing. The near 78,000 fans, it was a sell out, at the New Giants Stadium got their money's worth. An entertaining & exciting match...

NJL (...team USA ain't the best on the planet, but they never quit and seem to be unafraid of superb teams like Argentina. Wild stuff in NJ....a great example of why this sport is the worlds most popular .....)
    I haven't seen it yet but it's recorded on my dvr.

Makes me happy to see futbol catching on in the USA!

vCash
    Argentina were moving really well on the first half but the finishing just wasn't there. I agree it could have been a blowout but it just wasn't happening for them that night. Credit to Tim Howard for being so solid.

vCash

Cool FWIW....

....on April 9th, 2011 the resurrected NASL (North American Soccer League) begins play as a Division 2 league. There are various teams involve (9 as of now, or is it 8?...www.nasl.com .....including some in Canada), but the match between 2 of them may be of special interest to some members of this board:

At 730PM on that day Edmonton FC will play a season opening match, for both teams, at Lockhart Stadium in Ft Lauderdale vs South Florida's own Ft Lauderdale Strikers. It's 1979 deja vu all over again........ AFAIK there will be a crowd in excess of 4,000 at the Stadium to witness this event, but NASL does not have any TV deal, or radio either, so please stay tuned for the end result of this epic battle.

Festivities begin at and on the Stadium grounds at 4PM for tailgating, etc. Come one, come all for the least expensive sports ticket (General Admission is $10 for adults & $7 for children w/free parking) in town. No matter the outcome it should be a happening well worth the price...

NJL (...Striker season ticket holder - there are at least 1,000 of us - and Striker Liker yet again for Strikers 3.0.......)
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 04-06-2011 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    How about that Neil? Good for them. I have very fond memories of going to NASL games in the 70's and seeing the first incarnation of the San Jose Earthquakes. And of course, actually seeing the great Pele play in person.

The fact that they could resurrect the league even as a D-2 league indicates how the game is gaining more popularity in North America everyday. Too bad the Tampa team didn't ressurect the "Rowdies" nickname.

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast