Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I actually did not follow that friendly. LOL But friendlies do not say much. I have little hope for us. But my first coment was referring to the first round results of the Euros because there was a couple 1-1 ties. . Come on over to the other thread guys. Join the fun/torture.
    What friendly? Canada? That was a WC qualifier they played Tuesday.

Or are you talking about something else. Euros are fun, but I have no dog in the fight. Now that the 1st 2 CONCACAF qualifiers are history, they'll pick up & finish this round starting on September 7th and play through October, I'll pay more attention to the European Championship. Great entertainment, but that's it.

NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 06-14-2012 at 02:07 PM.

vCash
    Oh I thought you were talking about the US-Canada friendly from June 4th. Anyway never mind me, too many night shifts.

vCash
    Some signing as a result of their Euro 2012 antics are; Oliver Giroud, and Alan Dzgaoev who both will be going to Arsenal.

vCash
    Didier Drogba has signed with a Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua, for about €1m a month.

vCash
    Didier Drogba has signed with a Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua, for about €1m a month.
    Reunited with Anelka while there, too. Very sad to him leave, but he'd been with Chelsea for 8 years, so I can see why he was ready to move on after the CL win. Chinese league has quite a few big names now. Not sure how many of them are still in top form, but it makes for an impressive line-up.

Juan Mata was also given permission to play for the Spanish Olympic team in London (since he'd miss part of Chelsea's summer training camp), so lots of and from my end.

vCash
    One family's obsession with youth soccer. It's quite a neat little story so I thought I would share.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18602220

vCash
    Oliver Giroud is now officially a member of The Gunners.

vCash
    France in imploding again after their Euro 2012 exit. Several players face disciplinary action for various reason, but the worst seems to be Samir Nasri who threatened a reporter.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/stor...ance-rant.html

vCash
    Another Euro related bit of news I feel is best posted here. Young Cubans are switching sporting allegiance from baseball to futbol and they are tuning in to the Euros in droves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-18591444

vCash

Talking

Another Euro related bit of news I feel is best posted here. Young Cubans are switching sporting allegiance from baseball to futbol and they are tuning in to the Euros in droves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-18591444
    Some are, but, according to the link, baseball is still king in Cuba.

NJL (...even though the Marlins are killing the sport in Cuba's largest city: Miami......)

vCash
    Baseball is still king for now... Give it time.

vCash
    Sorry wrong thread...

vCash
    Eusebio is in hospital in Poland after suffering from a stroke. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

vCash
    ^Scary! Even more so, since he apparently was at the hospital earlier this week and was given the all-clear.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...e-blog-27-june

Eusebio has found himself in the same predicament as Sid. However, happily, the building that the Portugal legend has been turfed out of is the hospital, and the letter in his hand was a clean bill of health. Eusebio was admitted to hospital after falling ill on the weekend. "He had a very good night. Today he was physically and mentally able so he was discharged by the medical team," said a hospital spokesman.

vCash
    Eusébio flew back to Lisbon but he went straight to the hospital again where he is staying for surveillance. Apparently what happened to him was a bit more serious than it was reported at first but now he is recovering well.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=339236

vCash
    Just a few notes:

1. David Beckham did not get the nod to play for England in th Olympics.
    2. France is looking for a new NT coach. Didier Deschamps is rumored to be next in line for the job.
    3. Italy returned home to a rowdy welcome from a few fans. Even Super Mario smiled and mixed with fans and reporters. LOL But of course the best homecoming was saved for Spain.
    4. Transfer season is in full swing and amount those rumored to be on the move are; John Terry, Hugo Lloris, Maicon, Alan Dzagoev, Joao Moutinho.
    5. Andre Villas Boas is Spurs newest manager.
    6. Who may not be moving however is Robin Van Persie.
    7. Torres is Euro 2012 golden boot winner with three goals.

vCash
    Stiffing Beckham for the likes of Giggs, Bellamy and Richards is an insult to David IMO. Him not making the team HAS to be personal, and not based upon what's best for the team.

In other news related to David, there are rumblings that the LA Galaxy have touched base with Frank Lampard of all people. Not sure how Frank would fit into the Galaxy salary structure, but it might mean a permanent transfer of Landon to Everton.

vCash
    Welcome back Henry! I totally agree about the snub to Beckham. I feel so bad for him but some rumors say they want to make him flag bearer so I hope that happens.

vCash
    Clint Dempsey is rumored to be worth $10m and is looking to leave Fulham when his contract is over. He wants to play in the CL so good luck o him. Arsenal is rumored to be interested.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/report-c...er-player.html

vCash
    I agree the Beckham snub doesn't make much sense. It would be one thing if Britain went the same route as the Spanish team who said they didn't want any significantly older players. Giggs and Bellamy are both over 30, so that wasn't what they were going for...Very odd.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast