Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1004
  1. #661

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    peregrinating
    Posts
    4,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15150
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    Also, Kroos and Lahm will get their citizenship revoked for those two awful penalties. We have a European Championship to play this summer, they can't miss penalties.
    What do you suggest Spain does with Sergio Ramos in that case ?

  2. #662

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,990
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    18680
    Cut off all his hair and leave him bald!!!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

  3. #663
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    71
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Barca w/o Pep? Unimaginable....

    NJL (..he's had a great 4 year run..it's understandable that the pressure finally did him in...)

  4. #664

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    27,950
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12082
    I like this final

  5. #665

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,990
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    18680
    Bah!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

  6. #666
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    71
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I like this final
    I do, too. I have no dog in this fight so it's just going to be a good game to watch. That way I can cheer good soccer from both teams, then give kudos to the loser for getting to the final and another trophy for the trophy cabinet & star on their jersey for the winner....

    NJL

  7. #667

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    peregrinating
    Posts
    4,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15150
    Would like to see Chelsea win, but it's definitely nice to see a team-oriented final instead of Messi vs. Ronaldo which is what would have been hyped left and right if Barça and Real were in the final...Or Mourinho vs Guardiola which would have been even worse.

  8. #668

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,990
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    18680
    It's Manchester derby day!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

  9. #669

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,990
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    18680
    Oh sh!t!!!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

  10. #670
    Wandering Goy
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,938
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2068
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Oh sh!t!!!
    You said it. I have to go have dinner at my favorite restaurant where the owner/manager is a huge ManU fan. They had the game on there earlier and I was stuck at work (but caught some of the match on ESPN). I just wonder if he'll be standing by the time I get there.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

  11. #671
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    71
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool

    For those that don't know, Man City won 1-0. This gives them the lead, on goal differential, to win the EPL championship with 2 games remaining on the league schedule. They really have to screw up to not win the title. If they do win the league title it will be the first time since, I think, 1964. The defeated Man U won the title last year and has pretty much owned the EPL for the last decade or so.

    NJL

  12. #672

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    For those that don't know, Man City won 1-0. This gives them the lead, on goal differential, to win the EPL championship with 2 games remaining on the league schedule. They really have to screw up to not win the title. If they do win the league title it will be the first time since, I think, 1964. The defeated Man U won the title last year and has pretty much owned the EPL for the last decade or so.

    NJL
    Actually I would hold off anointing Man City just yet (who last won the title in 1968 actually - pushing Man U into 2nd place!!)- they have a tough game on Sunday - away at Newcastle who themselves are pushing for a top 4 finish which would put them in the Champions League next year. Then their final game is at home vs QPR who are fighting to avoid relegation so have nothing to lose by throwing everything at Man City. Man U on the other hand have two games vs opponents in the middle of the table who are already looking towards next season. All the pundits over here in the UK are saying that Man U has the far easier finish to the season - it is still either teams championship to win/lose. It will all depend on what result Man City can get against Newcastle on Sunday.

    It has certainly become an awesome end to the season - after Man City sat on top for a lot of the season and then Man U looking like they had it in the bag a few weeks back. The game last night was not a brilliant one - the players were aware of how important it was so it was fairly tense - it spilled over to the touch line at one point with Ferguson having a go at Mancini after an incident on the pitch!! That was tellling as Ferguson is usually pretty stoic on the sidelines. But Man City did deserve the win - they were in control for pretty much the whole of the 2nd half. Let's see if they can hold on and take the title this year - it's amazing what money can buy nowadays
    Last edited by Lorac; 05-01-2012 at 03:04 PM.

  13. #673
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The River of Grass
    Age
    71
    Posts
    3,965
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Actually I would hold off anointing Man City just yet (who last won the title in 1968 actually - pushing Man U into 2nd place!!)- they have a tough game on Sunday - away at Newcastle who themselves are pushing for a top 4 finish which would put them in the Champions League next year. Then their final game is at home vs QPR who are fighting to avoid relegation so have nothing to lose by throwing everything at Man City. Man U on the other hand have two games vs opponents in the middle of the table who are already looking towards next season. All the pundits over here in the UK are saying that Man U has the far easier finish to the season - it is still either teams championship to win/lose. It will all depend on what result Man City can get against Newcastle on Sunday.

    It has certainly become an awesome end to the season - after Man City sat on top for a lot of the season and then Man U looking like they had it in the bag a few weeks back. The game last night was not a brilliant one - the players were aware of how important it was so it was fairly tense - it spilled over to the touch line at one point with Ferguson having a go at Mancini after an incident on the pitch!! That was tellling as Ferguson is usually pretty stoic on the sidelines. But Man City did deserve the win - they were in control for pretty much the whole of the 2nd half. Let's see if they can hold on and take the title this year - it's amazing what money can buy nowadays
    Man City took over around the 20 minute mark, IIRC. They were pretty much the dominant team from that point on. They absolutely deserved the win. They were at least one goal better on the day. Man City only had a few shots on goal. One went in. Man U had no shots on goal. That pretty much defines the game.

    NJL (and, you are right.....money can buy all kinds of nice things....maybe a championship....we'll see..)

  14. #674

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    Man City took over around the 20 minute mark, IIRC. They were pretty much the dominant team from that point on. They absolutely deserved the win. They were at least one goal better on the day. Man City only had a few shots on goal. One went in. Man U had no shots on goal. That pretty much defines the game.

    NJL (and, you are right.....money can buy all kinds of nice things....maybe a championship....we'll see..)
    Man U played one man up front - Rooney - so Ferguson was playing for the draw - which would have set them up for the title. Bad mistake IMHO (and many of the pundits) - it was a negative action and Man City just played the better football.

    I know I said money can buy anything but it's one thing to buy the players - another to actually get the results. Mancini has managed to pull the team together - even with some of the diva's he has had to deal with on his team. If they do win the chamionship they will have earned it!!

  15. #675
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southern CA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,498
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I was astounded by the lineup Sir Alex put out there. Did he really think he could bunker for 90 minutes against those guys?? Park instead of Hernandez or Berbatov??? No wonder they didn't come close to scoring.

  16. #676

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Aquisgranum
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,187
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Has anyone seen the second goal of Cissé in yesterday's Chelsea vs Newcastle? There are goals - and there are goals.

    Cissé played in Germany before he went to Newcastle, at Freiburg, a decent but small club. He was incredibly good here, but he is even better now. Newcastle has a good chance to make the Champions League now with two games remaining (though one is aginst Man City).

  17. #677

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    peregrinating
    Posts
    4,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15150
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    Has anyone seen the second goal of Cissé in yesterday's Chelsea vs Newcastle? There are goals - and there are goals.
    It was worthy. Tough angle and a hard shot, but he made it look easy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne1IKt-N47Q

    Am still about Chelsea's chances of being back in the CL next "sison", though...

  18. #678

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    It was worthy. Tough angle and a hard shot, but he made it look easy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne1IKt-N47Q

    Am still about Chelsea's chances of being back in the CL next "sison", though...
    His first goal was a beauty as well:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3--Nj...eature=related

    The game on Sunday vs Man City will be a tight one as there is so much to paly for from both teams.

  19. #679
    waiting for Spring :(
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores Apr-June :)
    Posts
    9,122
    vCash
    334
    Rep Power
    12882

    booo Chelski

    So anybody else watching the game?? FA Cup Final Liverpool vs Chelsea? So far Chelsea is ahead.. basically walked in with a goal from no where But LFC almost got a goal back.. so far fairly even.. hopefully Liverpool will get it back GO LFC.. GO the REDS..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

    "Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

  20. #680

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    15,990
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    18680
    Sorry 4rKidz.....
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •