Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Congratulations to both and best of luck to them. Are Rangers in the CL?

vCash
    The blood sucking Glazers are going to sadle Manchester united with even more debt and sell shares. It is an attempt to raise money to pay off the massive debt the team has accumulated under their management. But only part of the money will go to reducing some of the debt what the rest of the money will go to the Glazers are not saying. Sounds like they are just squeezing as much as they can out of the club before they ruin it for good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Congratulations to both and best of luck to them. Are Rangers in the CL?
    As champions of the SPL, yes.

NJL

vCash
    That shows you how much attention I pay to Scotland. .

vCash
    That shows you how much attention I pay to Scotland. .
    The same here, except for Rangers. They've made a habit of picking up wandering Americans over the past few years....

NJL

vCash
    Well, Robbie Keane made a great debut for the Galaxy last night. He received a great over the top pass from Becks, made a cute move past the Quakes keeper and slipped the ball into the net for a goal in his first goal in the USA! Needless to say, us Galaxy fans are ecstatic over our new striker!

One wonders how good he can be if he has more than 48 hours and one practice to get to know his mates.

vCash
    Here are how the groups for the CL has shaped up:

GROUP A
    Bayern, Man City, Napoli, Villarreal

GROUP B
    Inter Milan, Trabzonspor, Lillie, CSKA M

GROUP C
    Man U, Basel, Benfica, Otelul Galati

GROUP D
    Real Madrid, Lyon, Dynamo Z, Ajax

GROUP E
    Chesea, Valencia, Laverkusen, Genk

GROUP F
    Arsenal, Olympiacos, Dortmund, Marseille

GROUP G
    Porto, Zenit, Shaktar, APOEL

GROUP H
    Barcelona, BATE, AC Milan, Pizen

vCash
    The Europa League groups looks like this:

GROUP A
    Rubin, Spurs, Rovers, PAOK

GROUP B
    Vorskia, Hannover, Standard, Kobenhaven

GROUP C
    PSV, H. Tel-Aviv, Rapid, Legia

GROUP D
    Vaslui, Sporting, Lazio, Zurich

GROUP E
    Stoke, M. Tel-Aviv, Dynamo K, Basiktas

GROUP F
    Salzburg, PSG, Slovan, Athletic

GROUP G
    Malmo, Metalit, AZ, Austria Wien

GROUP H
    Birmingham, Maribor, Braga, Brugge

GROUP I
    Atletico, Rennes, Udinese, Sion

GROUP J
    Schalke, M. Haifa, AEK, Steaua

GROUP K
    Twente, OB, Krakow, Fulham

GROUP L
    Anderlecht, Lokomotiv M, AEK, Strum

vCash
    London just got a beating of epic proportions from Manchester. First City scores 5 against Tottenham (1 goal), and then United manages a fairy tale 8 - 2 against Arsenal. That means United takes the top spot in the premier league (thought to be nearly impossible after City won with such a large margin).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    London just got a beating of epic proportions from Manchester. First City scores 5 against Tottenham (1 goal), and then United manages a fairy tale 8 - 2 against Arsenal. That means United takes the top spot in the premier league (thought to be nearly impossible after City won with such a large margin).
    I am a Man U fan but I had to double check that score. I just could not believe it at all. Arsenal defeated 8-2!

vCash
    I am a Man U fan but I had to double check that score. I just could not believe it at all. Arsenal defeated 8-2!
    I watched that game on Fox Soccer Channel in amazement. Rooney's hat trick came from 2 free kicks outside the box, using the same schoolyard trick each time, & a PK. The 2 best goals of the night were from the run of play by Ashley Cole. Both should be on the season Highlight reel. An on and on.

It stunned me to see Arsenal so utterly helpless. It must be said that they do need some defensive help real soon.....

NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 08-29-2011 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    My best wishes to Didier Drogba who was knocked out cold during Chelsea's game with Norwich City for about 30 minutes. Reports are that there seems to be nothing wrong but I hope they are not taking that for granted.

vCash
    Arsenal has signed Andre Santos from Fenerbahce and rumours of a signing of Park Chu Young. Let's see if these does the job for Arsenal or else Wenger will be looking for a job. And Russia will be without their captain and GK for their Euro qualifiers because of Knee injury.

vCash
    Messi & Co. was in Kolkata India (formerly Calcutta) to play Venezuela in an exhibition match. By all accounts the South Americans were a hit but only time will tell if they will spur greatter interest in football in India. Argentina won 1-0 in front of a sold out crowd.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...091543,00.html

vCash
    Germany has become the first Euro 2012 qualifier. Congratulations to them and here are the rest of the results from today.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...84650d024b.aa1

vCash
    Jeez, the USMNT lose a friendly to Costa Rica at the Home Depot Center 1-0. At times in the first half the USA showed signs of brilliance...yet they couldn't finish. Easily the worst game Landon Donovan has played for the USMNT in a long while.

Klinsi played a lot of guys who aren't likely to be on the pitch come next year when qualifying starts, but it's good to see some up and comers like Tim Chandler start and play pretty well.

Be interesting to see the team in Belgium for the next friendly as it will be a much different group of guys playing then...no Donovan for example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    Jeez, the USMNT lose a friendly to Costa Rica at the Home Depot Center 1-0. At times in the first half the USA showed signs of brilliance...yet they couldn't finish. Easily the worst game Landon Donovan has played for the USMNT in a long while.

Klinsi played a lot of guys who aren't likely to be on the pitch come next year when qualifying starts, but it's good to see some up and comers like Tim Chandler start and play pretty well.

Be interesting to see the team in Belgium for the next friendly as it will be a much different group of guys playing then...no Donovan for example.
    Our 1st loss to CR in the US, ever, and gives them a game advantage in wins all time - we've never won when playing them in CR. I went to bed at the half, well after midnight here, with a 0-0 tie and the feeling the US would have to finish better to win it. I guess they didn't.

On to Belgium!

There was an brief notice in the Miami Herald this morning that the USMNT will be at SunLife (Dolphin) Stadium on October 8th to play a friendly v Honduras. It is their 1st visit here in 6 or 7 years. Klisi should have all players worldwide available for this match. It, too, will be interesting to see who he picks.

NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 09-03-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: OOPS!!!!....correct opponent added

vCash

Red face

Belgium 1 v 0 USA

Thus far Klinsi's record is 0-2-1. I'm not inspired....

On to Miami & the Stadium-of-Many-Names & a rousing defeat by that top world power: Honduras!..

NJL

vCash
    ((((((((((Neil & Henry))))))))))) SO the USA's first two games under Klinsmann were losses. Ouch...

vCash
    Thanks Buzz....it's a long growing period for the team. For whatever reason they've gone over a year without scoring more than two goals in a game. That's pathetic....

But Klinsi is an offensive coach, so i expect that statistic will change soon.

And add in to this mix that Klinsi is trying out a bunch of new guys, and that's a recipe for a few losses.

I wont get worried unless they play like this next June when qualifying starts.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast