Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    A pair of Swiss journalists were arrested and fined while filming in Qatar despite assurances beforehand that they could film in Qatar freely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?...ournalistsheld

vCash
    Real has won the Copa del Rey by 1-0 over Barcelona. I have a soft spot for Barca so I would have preferred a Barca win but congratulations to RM on a well deserved win. Unfortunately I was not able to watch the match but maybe I can watch their next two encounters to come this weekend and next week.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...copa+rey+glory

vCash
    Zenit FC has been fined $10,000 after a picture was published showing a Zenit fan waving a banana at Roberto Carlos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...to-Carlos.html

vCash
    The Copa Del Rey Trophy is now the Copa Del Rey Plate after the trophy was dropped by Sergio Ramos while it was on tour and accidently run over by the team bus!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The Copa Del Rey Trophy is now the Copa Del Rey Plate after the trophy was dropped by Sergio Ramos while it was on tour and accidently run over by the team bus!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
    ^^^^Hilarious!^^^^^

I did not watch the 1st half. Real is supposed to have dominated the 1st half. I watched the 2nd half & the 2 Extra Time periods. Barca dominated most of the time, but left a few gaps in the back in ET as they tried to push for the winning goal. Real found those gaps and was able to capitalize on one toward the end of the 1st ET. They held on in the 2nd ET to win the Cup. The part I watched was rough, high paced and very entertaining.

For the record: IMO, Real Madrid deserved the win.

Barca now has the 2 stage Champion's League semi final to extract their revenge at Real taking one part of the treble away from them. These games should be fun to watch.

NJL

vCash
    Here's a video that shows a close up of the mangled cup...

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows...snhp&gt1=39002

vCash
    Fernando Torres has finally scored for Chelsea in their 3-0 win over West Ham as the Hammers face relegation. Liverpool in the meantime won 5-0 over Birmingham City as that club seems to be finally getting it's act together. My boys are 6 point clear of 2nd place Chelsea with four more games to go. I just also want to express my surprise the Schalke is currently sitting in 10th place in the Bundesliga despite being in the final four int he CL. Oh yeah and Gatafe is now Gatafe team Dubai.

vCash
    And no one was happier and more relieved than Torres...I was beginning to feel sorry for him...

Rough week in the MLS: Seattle Sounders' Steve Zakuani suffered a fractured tibia and fibula in a horrid tackle, and David Ferreira of FC Dallas double fractured his right ankle in a rough tackle...

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/m...s-broken-ankle

vCash
    I tell you Russia 2018 is going to be soooo much fun... Russia will probably win the trophy by default because everybody else would be to scared to show for the tournament.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-2271996.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I tell you Russia 2018 is going to be soooo much fun... Russia will probably win the trophy by default because everybody else would be to scared to show for the tournament.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-2271996.html
    May be British newspapers should focus on BNP and EDL action in UK than look to east.

Halifax race protest turns ugly. Please stop ur selective reading BUZZ, each country has its own issues with racism, some have had it for years, and institutionalised racism into its social set up (to make it almost looks that it is no longer an issue). Some other emerging economies, during this hard economic period are finding out realities about society(hidden racist face).

vCash
    Did anyone else watch the Shalke vs ManU game? "Grandad" scored, so did Rooney!

vCash
    Of course! LOL My boys will go all the way to the final and I hope Barca makes it too! My dream final!

vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    Did anyone else watch the Shalke vs ManU game? "Grandad" scored, so did Rooney!
    In a game that could have been 2:0 at the half. Man U totally dominated. It was only a matter of time until they scored.

I think Buzz has at least half of the Final's equation figured out. I can't see Man U not advancing after this performance. Tomorrow we'll see if "the special one" is really all that special....

NJL (..if he pulls off an upset of Barcelona, he will be very special, indeed......)

vCash
    My dearest NeilJLeonard you were saying?

vCash
    He ain't THAT special...

Lionel Messi 2 v Real Madrid 0.

That, and the fact that Barca had the ball for over 70% of the game, tells you most of what you need to know about this match. The thing that is missing is that Real defender/midfielder Pepe was red carded in the 65th minute for an aggressive tackle on Barca's Dani Alves. Pepe's primary job over the last 3 games with Barca has been to be Lionel Messi's shadow. He did a great job of it, too. Lionel did not score any goals for 2 1/2 games with Pepe defending him. Messi scored both goals after the red card. The last one an individual classic where he ran through the Real defenders like they were statues.

Now Barcelona goes home to Camp Nou with a 2 away goal advantage and Real Madrid will be missing the reason Mr Messi went 2 1/2 games scorless. It looks like a Manchester United v Barcelona final at Wembley Stadium next month....

NJL (...and I'm not sure Man U can stop Barca's attack. We'll see shortly.......)

vCash
    My favourite club (Borussia Dortmund) is on it's way to the German Championship. A few minutes left!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Then congratulations to Borussia!

vCash
    Barca v Real the rematch is on today and there is no love lost between the two so it should be a very interesting match! COME ON BARCA!!!

vCash
    BARCELONA =

vCash
    Man U's reserve team won 4-1 for a 6-1 aggregate over 2 games. They'll get to play Barca on the 28th of May. If They can stifle Messi they might win. If they can't, they won't.

NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 05-06-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast