Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    vCash
    Speaking of Barca, how is Vilanova doing?

vCash
    He's feeling fine and went back at work after going to New York to get a second opinion about his cancer. He also said something along the lines of there is no better therapy than being with the players, hitting the ball and coaching. I'm sure it doesn't hurt the team is winning Liga games left and right -and I hope they do well in the CL as well.

http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/...65_545482.html

vCash
    Me too, as long as it is not at the expense of my boys. hehehehe

vCash
    David Villa wants out of Barca. So the question is where is he going to end up.

vCash
    Man U seems to have run out of patience when it comes to David De Gea and are looking for replacement. Rumour has it they are looking at Iker Casillas. It is about time!
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-3361534.html

vCash
    ^ If Asmir Begovic is available, I'd say grab him over Casillas. He's 6 years younger and very impressive based on what I've seen. I realize he doesn't come with the same name recognition as Iker, but am pretty sure he could get the job done at the end of the day and for a lot less money.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCiISo-R04#t=53s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCiISo-R04#t=1m15s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCiISo-R04#t=2m15s etc.

Yes, I was emotionally scarred as a fan of the other team

vCash
    The 60 Minutes Sports interview with Messi is on YouTube. It was very nice to watch although the audio was very bad. I do have to take issue with them however about Barca being the best team on earth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    ^ If Asmir Begovic is available, I'd say grab him over Casillas. He's 6 years younger and very impressive based on what I've seen. I realize he doesn't come with the same name recognition as Iker, but am pretty sure he could get the job done at the end of the day and for a lot less money.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCiISo-R04#t=53s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCiISo-R04#t=1m15s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjCiISo-R04#t=2m15s etc.

Yes, I was emotionally scarred as a fan of the other team
    I have been reading about him too! Sounds like a very promising young man! Guess we'll both have to wait to see who Man U choose.

vCash
    Mario Balotelli has been traded to A C Milan from Manchester City. Hope he is happier there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Mario Balotelli has been traded to A C Milan from Manchester City. Hope he is happier there.
    guys like that usually are never happy....

vCash
    Has anyone been following this story? If the suspicions are true, I can't think of a worse match-fixing scandal.

vCash
    Yeah unfortunately I have. I am speechless but at least they said the top teams are most likely not involved. Sad just plain sad.

vCash
    The African Nations Cup is down to the final four and Mali v Nigeria goes off at 1500 tomorrow, followed by Burkina Faso v Nigeria at 18:30. Good luck to all! Should be really good!

vCash
    Balotelli is now at the centre of a racism row in Italy through no fault of his own. Here is a quote from the Independant newspaper. Balotelli himself has had no comment.

The former Manchester City striker was described as "negretto di famiglia" - translated as "the family's little n****", by the Milan vice-president Paolo Berlusconi, younger brother of the club president.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...n-8482504.html

vCash
    Nigeria booked it's place n the final with a decisive 4-1 win over Mali with a very young team. Perhaps a sign of things to come in 2014?!

vCash
    Burkino Faso beat Ghana on penalties to reach the final. Meanwhile the US lost an WC qualifier against Honduras 2-1.

vCash
    What a nightmare result for the USMNT. Dempsey makes one of the best goals the team has seen in years.....and then the team screws up defensively twice to lose the game.

Only saving grace is Jamaica went into Azteca and got a 0-0 draw with the Tri's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    What a nightmare result for the USMNT. Dempsey makes one of the best goals the team has seen in years.....and then the team screws up defensively twice to lose the game.

Only saving grace is Jamaica went into Azteca and got a 0-0 draw with the Tri's.
    And Panama/Costa Rica also played to a draw. Still, the USA is in 6th place in the Hex. I thought the team was a bit too inexperienced for that game, especially in the back. Sadly, I had it right for once.

IMO, both goals were preventable if the back 4 had stopped ball watching long enough to make an effort to control/clear the ball. They didn't and Team USA paid a very high price for their negligence. Game #2 v Jamaica in Denver is now a must win, since game #3 is against El Tri at Azteca and no one sees the USA winning 2 straight there. Needless to say, 0 for 3 to start the the Hex could very well be the kiss of death for the USA's chances of getting to Brazil in 2014.

NJL (..and the "get rid of Klinsi" crowd on BS is now at full voice.)

vCash
    Oh jeez.... Had no idea team USA was in such dire straits. Klinsman just don't seem like the right fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Oh jeez.... Had no idea team USA was in such dire straits. Klinsman just don't seem like the right fit.
    He, and the head of the USSF, want the players to play like Barcelona or Spain. Short, quick, one touch passing. Constant possession, until someone makes a darting run to get a killer through pass for a quick goal through the center of the penalty box. That has never been our style, and it took Barcelona/Spain about 20 years to master it. It has to start in an academy at age 8 or so and carried forward until the player reaches maturity in his 20s. We are just now starting academies (not at the club level, but regionally through the USSF). We are 20 years away from what he wants. We may pay a price during the next few WC cycles.

Plus, we are going through a changing of the guard as far as the players are concerned. Donovan is all but retired. He may be back, or he may not. He says he's burned out. The back 4, the entire defense, is playing it's first Hex because the players they are replacing are either a bit too old or have had injury problems that keep them from playing. They got a brutal lesson on how difficult it is to play in this tournament, especially on the road. The mid-field is still in flux. We've never had a really dangerous forward line. Add these things together & we may see the USA not qualify for the WC this time, unless Klinsmann finds a magic formula to inspire the players he has to play much, much better than they did in Honduras. Overall, they played a very poor, uninspired game there. We can advance if they get it through their heads that they must play quicker, with more urgency. If so, we stand a decent chance of being one of the 3 or 4 teams that represent CONCACAF in Brazil. Still, I do not think we'll finish 1st in the Hex, nor do I think we'll get out of group play in Brazil.

NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 02-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast