Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    vCash
    BTW, congrats to my Back to Back MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy. Took a punch in the nose at the end of the first half, came back and scored three to take the title. I've never attended a game where the title was to be decided, not World Series, Stanley Cup, Superbowl, so this MLS Cup game was very special. And to have your team win the Cup on your own pitch made it very special.

This run is over however, as the team could lose more than Beckham. But Kaka may be coming to take Becks' spot, so that may help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    BTW, congrats to my Back to Back MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy. Took a punch in the nose at the end of the first half, came back and scored three to take the title. I've never attended a game where the title was to be decided, not World Series, Stanley Cup, Superbowl, so this MLS Cup game was very special. And to have your team win the Cup on your own pitch made it very special.

This run is over however, as the team could lose more than Beckham. But Kaka may be coming to take Becks' spot, so that may help.
    Landon Donovan may leave the team and, possibly, the sport. His moving permanently to Everton or retiring completely could happen this winter. Or, maybe some extended time off will recharge his batteries & he'll return next season ready to go. Personally I'd like him to at least hang around one way or another until after WC 2014 in Brazil, certainly he'd be useful in a very challenging Hex just to get there, but the choice is his to make. We'll see.

NJL

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    FWIW, I'm only a casual follower, but Donovan's one of the few players I always recognize and look for on the US team -both in terms of name and playing style. I think that's always nice to see & agree it would be nice if he sticks around for a while.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing him make it big it in Europe...

vCash
    How did my boys lose in the CL to a team whose name I can't even pronounce.

vCash
    UEFA is planning on spreading the 2020 Euros among several different countries all over Europe. Personally I think this is a bad idea but I guess they know what they are doing. UEFA is also considering expanding the Champions League and possibly doing away with the Europa Cup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    How did my boys lose in the CL to a team whose name I can't even pronounce.
    Cluj is actually one of the first clubs in Romania to field a mostly international team. Given the mess the first Romanian league currently is, this was a huge win for them and hopefully will lead to (deranged) fans thinking twice before they pull out crap like complaining about Wesley (from Brazil) being awarded top goal scorer in a Romanian league since, ya know, we can't have furriners winning that.

vCash
    It is some comfort that Man City did not make it to the next round of the CL. Hopefully we will beat them in the derby tomorrow!

vCash
    Man U beat City 3-2 today!!! and Messi broke Gerd Mueller's 40 year old record as well today by scoring hs 86th goal. Trilled for him but wish he would score for Argentina too sometimes.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Scolari is back in charge of Brazil and I do not want to think about what will happen to him if they do not win the next World Cup.
    That would be assuming that he stays that long.

Because at this rate, if he doesn't win every single match in an utmost convincing manner, he'll be gone in a year.
    For CBF, coaches should arrive and produce instant results with the players that CBF wants, instead of analyzing things for a while, get the right palyers and then work towards the results.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Congrats to Corinthians on winning the Club World Cup. This title means a lot to that club and it's fans good on them.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Congrats to Corinthians on winning the Club World Cup. This title means a lot to that club and it's fans good on them.
    No
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    No
    Are they that unpopular with other teams in the Brazilian league?

vCash
    Hehehe I wonder hw long Rafa will last as Chelsea's coach?

vCash
    The fact that Roman Abramovich only gave Rafa a temporary contract to the end of the season indicates that in all probability, Pep Guardiola has been lined up to take over as manager next season.

vCash
    As long as he gets Torres to start scoring, he might stick around for a while. I'm still very resentful of RDM being let go once he benched him in the Champions League, but it's pretty clear ownership wants to get some of their 50MM pounds worth out of No 9. Bf played well the second half against Leeds, and it was v. nice to see Moses scoring. Also, Leeds looked like they belonged back in the PL the entire first half.

Maofan, am not sure about Guardiola, especially with poor Vilanova who just had his cancer come back. I'm afraid Mourinho might be more likely

vCash
    Lots of news in the footsie world today. Messi makes 91 goals this season. It is still debatable if he is the greatest ever but he is certainly making a strong case for himself. Fergie is furious that RVP was hit on the head with a ball today. Considering what we now know about the possible effects this sorts of hits can have on an athlete's long term health I say he has every right to be mad. Plus Villa may have saved Rafa's job by not showing up to do theirs. hehehehe

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Plus Villa may have saved Rafa's job by not showing up to do theirs. hehehehe
    Yes, that was quite a spanking they got, wasn't it?
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Are they that unpopular with other teams in the Brazilian league?
    The thing with brazilian (well, south american) football: if the brazilian team playing is not the one you cheer for, you must cheer against them.
    And the over exposure is just too much.
    When Internacional (the other team from my city, from Brazil's southern region) won in 2006, the brazilian TV networks didn't show a third as much as they showed the team form the southeast.

The football broadcasting here is so damn biased towards the southwest teams, it's sickening.

And oh, Grêmio and its beautiful, brand new Arena, FTW!
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!

vCash
    My boys are making me proud! Chelsea is back in trouble but I hope that their meddling owner leave Rafa alone to do his job. There is talk about Ronaldo being unhappy at Real, not sure why however. Unless I am totally daft, it is transfer season! BTW... Nice arena beepbeep.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast