Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That's a shame about the WPS. But much like the WUSA, I think they had problems with upper management that made a lot of bad decisions, and it cost them. Maybe a gold medal might help restart the league?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    That's a shame about the WPS. But much like the WUSA, I think they had problems with upper management that made a lot of bad decisions, and it cost them. Maybe a gold medal might help restart the league?????
    Upper management for one. MagicDan for another. IMO, the most difficult thing to overcome was starting up just as the economy went into the tank. No money to support the league was available. Much like anything under MLS, and most of MLS, a soccer team is a money eater. The $$$ simply was not available for it to succeed.

NJL (...better luck next time....in 10 years or so...if ever...)

vCash
    Man U has regained the top spot in the EPL.

vCash
    NJL, 60 Minutes or Bryant Gumbel needs to do a big story on Borislow and the WPS. This is a disgraceful issue that hasn't gotten the press it deserves. Just check out Ella Masur's blog to get an idea of how bad it was: http://blog.ellamasar.com/ Borislow wanted the players to call him "Daddy"??? And Borislow wouldn't take care of an injured player??? And unfortunately, Abby Wambach doesn't come off very well. Disgraceful, shameful are the words that come to mind. Oh and appalling too.

vCash

Cool

NJL, 60 Minutes or Bryant Gumbel needs to do a big story on Borislow and the WPS. This is a disgraceful issue that hasn't gotten the press it deserves. Just check out Ella Masur's blog to get an idea of how bad it was: http://blog.ellamasar.com/ Borislow wanted the players to call him "Daddy"??? And Borislow wouldn't take care of an injured player??? And unfortunately, Abby Wambach doesn't come off very well. Disgraceful, shameful are the words that come to mind. Oh and appalling too.
    There's a big thread, and growing, about this on BS in the WPS forum. I actually came here to link to that thread.

It is explosive. Not only Abby, but all of the USWNT players on magicJack seemed to have been involved is some way or another. I'd love to hear their side of the story,too. BTW, we had the feeling down here that some silly shit was going on w/magicJack. Sadly, it looks like what we thought was only a small fraction of the reality...

Do expect Dan & his hired guns to sweep it under the rug as "whining from a disgruntled employee". The man seems to be that kind of SOB.

Ella seems to be very happy playing for PSG...

NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 02-01-2012 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    Violence broke out after a football match in the Egyptian city of Port Said and left about 73 people dead. WHile in Cairo a fire broke out in a stadium when another match was abandoned but no one was reported as injured or killed. Sad day for Egypt and football.

vCash
    Whoa, some game today Chelsea v. Man U

Blues jump out to a 3-nil lead, then give up two PK's (both deserved) and a wicked header to Hernandez and we have a 3-3 draw. BTW, Mata's volley goal was sick skill. 99 out of 100 times that shot goes WAY over the goal, yet he was able to keep it on frame...and almost took De Gea's head off in the process!

vCash

Thumbs up !

Whoa, some game today Chelsea v. Man U

Blues jump out to a 3-nil lead, then give up two PK's (both deserved) and a wicked header to Hernandez and we have a 3-3 draw. BTW, Mata's volley goal was sick skill. 99 out of 100 times that shot goes WAY over the goal, yet he was able to keep it on frame...and almost took De Gea's head off in the process!
    The local Fox outlet did NOT carry it live - church service instead. Had to wait until 7PM when FSC broadcast it - right in the middle of the super bowl! Clicked back & forth between them.... Worth it. Both good games, but Man U coming from 3 back on the road is incredible... The Giants beating the Patriots is merely sweet...

NJL

vCash
    Nice game but too much left too late I am not liking all tussling at the top. We should be way out front and safe by now. LOL. BTW. And Liverpool has a new four legged recruit. hehehe

vCash
    Capello quits as England Manager:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16941457

He was vocally critical of the English FA striping John Terry of the England captaincy in an interview he gave to an Italian news program. The FA did it as Terry is due to stand trial for allegedly making racial comments to Anton Ferdinand during a match in July - after the European Championships. The FA weren't happy about Capello's comments and after a meeting this evening Capello resigned!!

Personally I think the FA were wrong to strip Terry as one is supposedly innocent until proven guilty and I don't believe they spoke to Capello prior to making their decision or if they did they disregarded it. As Capello made Terry captain the FA were basically saying they didn't respect his judgement.

What a mess with a major championship coming up in 6 months and most of the major contendors who would have been approached after the European Championships when Capello was leaving anyway will be embroiled in their teams commitments for the season.

vCash
    Quite the uproar has erupted because of Louis Suarez refusing to shake hands with Patrice Evra. The whole match kinda of went downhill from here. Man U did win however so that is something.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Suarez is a disgrace to football.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Congratulations to Zambia on winning the African Nations Cup tilte. They beat Ivery Coast 8-7 in a penalty shoot out. Needless to say the Elephants fans are crushed but the Zambian fans are over the moon.

vCash

Thumbs up

Every now and then someone does it right. I'm not a fan of bowing to Europe by naming a US team REAL Salt Lake, but this chant for the team is one of the best I've heard. BTW, the "riot" is their home field, Rio Tinto Stadium. I love that nickname, too. This chant must sound great if all the fans there are doing it.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-02...real-salt-lake

Simple. Catchy. Memorable. Outstanding.

NJL (..now we just need one for the Strikers......)
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 02-14-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: simplicity and empahsis

vCash
    Arsenal lost heavily (0-4) to AC Milan today and although I am not a big Arsenal fan, I was hoping for a win from them as one of the last EPL teams left in he CL. . Meanwhile Benfica lost to Zenit 3-2. Not a good day for my picks it would seem.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Man U has regained the top spot in the EPL.
    boo.. hiss.... I need Liverpool to win Carling cup - if not there won't be a tour and someone in my house will be very sad as won't get to see them in Boston
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    (((((((4rKids))))))).

vCash
    Both Man U and Man City won their fixtures in the Europa League!

vCash
    Arsenal's bad season just got even worse. They are out of the FA Cup and I would not want to be in Wenger's shoes right now for nothing.

vCash
    Man U lost to Ajax 2-1 today but still make it to the last 16. Would have been embarrassing to say the least if they had failed to advance.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast