Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Is it to late to ship Messi off to Siberia? I am sooo proud of my boys I might just go and buy myself one of their new team jerseys. hehehehe And how cool was this Anderson kid eh?

vCash
    Well what would football be without a good scandal eh? Right now there is all sorts of grumbling being made by Man U fans over the price of CL final tickets. What can I say? The sport has become more about good business than the sport itself.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...l-tickets.html

vCash
    Charlie Adam's tackle on Gareth Bale...Ouch! I sure hope that leg's not broken! I didn't post a link to the photo 'cause it's easy to find and pretty gruesome. Charlie Adam is one of my favourite players but this tackle was over the top...

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    Charlie Adam's tackle on Gareth Bale...Ouch! I sure hope that leg's not broken! I didn't post a link to the photo 'cause it's easy to find and pretty gruesome. Charlie Adam is one of my favourite players but this tackle was over the top...
    Adam actually stayed in the game after this! We'll see if the FA gives him some time off for this. Accidental or not it was a very bad challenge.

Prognosis for Bale is unknown. There may be ligament damage. It seems he is out for this season and, if any ligament damage, he'll miss some of next season, too. Sad, Bale is one of the best young players in the EPL and a huge reason that Spurs went so deep into the Champions League this season.

vCash
    Man Un vs Chelsea in a direct battle for the title in EPL. Chicharito scored after 49 seconds of game.
    Buzz, I hope you are watching this.

vCash
    Good game...so ManU for sure gets the title now?

I've got a question for folks who live in the Uk. I read something to the effect "Bale will go for a scan on Monday..." however he injured his leg pretty badly on Saturday. Where I live, an elite athlete goes for scan/medical treatment immediately after injury. Is it different in the UK, or is it a stalling tacting meaning basically "I don't want to tell you right now?" I've wondered about this before with other players...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fragoletta View Post
    Man Un vs Chelsea in a direct battle for the title in EPL. Chicharito scored after 49 seconds of game.
    Buzz, I hope you are watching this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    Good game...so ManU for sure gets the title now?
    They need 1 point - 1 tie/draw - from the 2 games they have remaining on their schedule - AWAY at Blackburn Rovers next W/E and finish at home against Blackpool the following Sunday. All things considered, I'd say that they'll have their 19th - a record number, BTW - title in the bag by season's end...

And, I thought Chicharito scored on 37 seconds...

NJL (...not that those few seconds matter all that much....Chelsea was out of it from that moment on...that goal is one of the biggest shocks of the EPL season....)
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 05-09-2011 at 01:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post

And, I thought Chicharito scored on 37 seconds...

NJL (...not that those few seconds matter all that much....Chelsea was out of it from that moment on...that goal is one of the biggest shocks of the EPL season....)
    Entirely possible, I think when I looked at the clock he was already celebrating. I was finishing up some things at the computer, figuring I wouldn't miss much the first minutes and then all of a sudden...BAM!
    But you're right about Chelsea looking totally unprepaired. If it wasn't for this early goal, it could've been a whole different game...Anyway, congrats to ManU, a totally deserved title. And my homeboy Berbatov is still the top scorer of EPL! (although it's probably his last season there, considering how well Chicharito and Park are doing)

vCash
    Man U =

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Man U =
    I guess they got that point?

NJL (..now on to play Barca....good luck to Man U, they'll need it... ...)

vCash
    Don't I know it!

vCash
    Qatar may be stripped of World Cup, says Blatter

The Fifa president Sepp Blatter made the startling disclosure yesterday that he could not rule out a rerun of the voting for the right to host the 2022 World Cup finals which was controversially won by the tiny Arab emirate of Qatar in December.

Blatter, who is seeking re-election next month for a fourth term, said that a Fifa inquiry into claims made by The Sunday Times that there was corruption in the vote could lead to the Fifa executive committee (ExCo) voting again. It would represent the biggest U-turn in the governing body's history.

This ought to be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Interesting isn't, Blatter is up against a Qatari, Mohamed bin Hammam for FIFA presidency. If Qatari loses FIFA election, which is very likely, they will loss FIFA world cup as well its seems and you could also see them slapped with some other sanctions as well.

vCash
    One of the sweetest little footie stories I have read in a loooong time.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/23/sp....html?_r=1&hpw

vCash
    There is a big of a hullabaloo is England right now involving Giggs and an extra-marital affairs and his efforts to keep the story quiet. It is the sort of a person's right to privacy vs the public right to know type thing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-2288500.html

vCash
    The game is just an hour and fifteen minutes away now!

vCash
    Go Barca!

vCash
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it...

Come on United!!!!!!!

vCash
    Barca wins 3-1. They had the ball for 70% of the game to Man U's 30%. They outshot Man U 20 to 3. Overall Barcelona just proved that they are the best team on the planet by defeating a very good Man U team. My congrats to Barca.

NJL (..but, I'm beginning to think of Barca the way I think of the Yankees & Canadien teams of yesteryear...far too good to be liked by any one but home town fans...their defeat is a cause for delight......)

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast