Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    What's even funnier is the implication that they can win Canadian Nationals only because Dube/Davison will not be there. Um, when is the last time Jessica/Bryce skated well without many major mistakes? I'm thinking that was 2008 Worlds. They are far from being steady competitors and are not the invincible Canadian team some are making them out to be. If M-T/M stay on the path they're on and continue to improve and build up their consistency, they can very well establish themselves as the #1 Canadian pairs team internationally. Not saying that will happen, but it looks like it can. Jessica/Bryce have not been getting the job done technically for a while now and when you combine that with the fact that they are always constantly injury-prone, I really question how much longer the international judges are going to accept that.

vCash
    That's an interesting point, which made me go back to my list of scores to see how well Dube/Davison actually did in the short program last season. The short answer is - acceptably, but not great.

Their short program scores in competition were TEB 64.54; Skate Canada 57.90; Canadians 62.87; Olympics 65.36; Worlds 59.36. That's an average of about 62 points, which is not that different from what M-T/M are now achieving internationally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    , which is not that different from what M-T/M are now achieving internationally.
    Internationally achieved. As in once! Their first time over 55 I believe and it is Skate America.

The emptiest GP of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I saw them last year at Skate Canada and they stood out from everyone else. ...they display a joy of skating that is wonderful to see. They connect well, and they project well in person.
    This!

It is so nice to see someone look as if they love to skate!

And they are a new pair making the most of their strengths. What is so wrong with that? Not everyone can be Gordeeva and Grinkov. Not right away - for most not ever.

They went to Mark Pillay for choreo - so it seems they are looking to improve and grow in that area. Maybe they will continue to improve or maybe they won't. I plan to appreciate what they do well - and get enjoyment from that.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I think they are an interesting team.. the perk isn't fake - she is actually like that in real life so unlike some of the teams out their faking the perk her's is sincere and when you see them live it really is quite different to the T.V. so I can understand the Judge love.. because their joy of skating is infectious..

Technically they are both good single skaters, he is a good pairs skater - she has only been doing pairs a few years so she is improving quickly - even from last year she has improved and obviously has taken heed of FSU and has gone to the ballet studio because her positions have actually improved - and remembering how Joannie at that stage was really limited in her flexibility (remember her spirals and laybacks) - I hold hope out for kristen that she will continue her improvements because you can still become more flexible even after puberty!

I think the FSU hate for them is interesting - not unlike D&D hate (yes you know who I mean) and that alone makes me think they will become even better plus they are Canadian so that's even better

Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    It is so nice to see someone look as if they love to skate!
    That is another huge difference between them and Dube/Davison. When is the last time we saw Jessica and Bryce skate with joy? I've questioned their love for skating for a while now, granted they have been through a lot.

vCash
    I think they are an interesting team.. the perk isn't fake - she is actually like that in real life so unlike some of the teams out their faking the perk her's is sincere and when you see them live it really is quite different to the T.V. so I can understand the Judge love.. because their joy of skating is infectious..
    Real perk is almost as annoying as fake perk!

vCash
    I don't care if it's real or fake perk, it's annoying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Thank God it's not annoying to everyone. Frankly I like to watch skaters who enjoy what they're doing than someone with that "deer in the headlights" look, or in the case of a pair who have since broken up, pure dislike of what they are doing.

They enjoy what they are doing, these two, and it shows, and they are continuing to improve, and if they stay with that attitude, growth will be rapid. I'm delighted for them thus far in the season. I hope they skate the LP as well or better than at Skate Canada
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I like Dylan a lot but I really dislike the girl, whatever her name is. I think they will easily win Canadian Nationals.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    When they made their senior debut last year at SC, I thought they were youthful and somewhat fun, but their skating was absolutely terrible. And watching them for the first time last year left a bad taste in my mouth. But this year they have surprised me with how much better they look, especially Kirsten.

But their PCS for a clean program are a tad generous to me. (comparing the SP scores from I/M at SC to them last night...) They seem to share many of the problems that Denney/Barrett have-unfinished moves, body placements not exactly uniform…positions could be more locked in, toe pointed, (I must say though, a few of their lifts are actually quite good!) Their sp, though, is able to mask some of these flaws. As strange as it sounds I think they need to work with or at least get some tips from David Pelletier on overall polish.

And yes i think they can win Cdn nats easily. Consistency in sbs jumps is not a strong trait of our lady pairs skaters anyways... so the doors is very open for them.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I prefer perk to too much angst (real or fake).
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    I liked them last year and thought they'd only get better with time. Finally a girl who can land things and a guy who can lift her without looking like he'll drop her (almost too long in my opinion). Compared to D/D, they just look far more stable...emotionally and physically.

Perk? Yeah, she's perky. But at least I don't feel depressed when I watch her, like I do when I see some others skate lately, like Jessica. I don't think she's been really happy skating for a while. I mean, I like a good depression now and again, but the same goes for perk. Hopefully she'll just tone that down a bit and find a happy medium.

I think they have a good future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticHaze View Post
    I like Dylan a lot but I really dislike the girl, whatever her name is.

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Perk? Yeah, she's perky. But at least I don't feel depressed when I watch her, like I do when I see some others skate lately, like Jessica. I don't think she's been really happy skating for a while.
    It's not Jessica and Bryce's style to skate to anything perky and be all smiley on the ice. Not to mention, I'm sure it had to have been harder to skate joyously and freely with the pressure building to deliver at a home Olympics. This year could have been a lot more relaxing for them.

vCash
    I think they probably will win nationals, unless Duhamel and Radford make major improvements between now and then. Lawrence and Swiegers are their only other major competition, and MT&M seem to be doing better than they are right now.

vCash
    I love KMT and her natural an honest way of performing, call it perky or whatever, they have lots of fans and it's always great to see them live. There is no doubt that both of them love what they're doing which makes it so much fun to watch.

vCash
    M-T/M have definitely established themselves as the 'front-runners' for the national title. Right now, they are competing without too much pressure on them. It will be interesting to see how they compete at Nationals knowing they are the number one team to beat. Some teams can rise to that occasion and some teams crumble under the pressure.

I think M-T/M have improved so much this year. I hope they continue to improve next year as well. They will be fun to watch....and yes, I would put money on them to win Nationals this year.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    And please can the girl do anything with her madame's hairdo and trashy pink lipstick? She looks tacky.

vCash
    I don't see why they won't win Nationals. The international judges seem to really like them, so I feel that might tip the scale in their favor even if they don't skate as well as they did this weekend.

I like them (even thought she's a little too perky), but I can't stand either of their programs and the fact that they completely power through the music. Elements wise I think most of them are strong and their power makes the elements seem really exciting. I appreciate that they do difficult entrances/exits, but in most cases these moves really do not go with the music and seem the be the only really transitions/choreography in the program.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I'm not a fan, but I'm convinced they can (and will) win Nationals !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast