Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Miki Ando's LP's of the last three seasons

I've noticed that Miki Ando no longer seems to attempt the 3F in her LP. The earliest I can find this happening is World 09. Can anyone think of a reason that she would do this? She is known as a jumper, after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cx3 View Post
    I've noticed that Miki Ando no longer seems to attempt the 3F in her LP. The earliest I can find this happening is World 09. Can anyone think of a reason that she would do this? She is known as a jumper, after all.

Who knows? She used to lip but fixed the edge around 2007-08, and is doing flips quite well in SPs, so...yeah. No answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cx3 View Post
    Miki used to take off from the wrong edge and since she fixed this problem, the Flip has become her most inconsistent jump. She still does one in the SP, though.

vCash
    Really? I've thought her flip was quite good actually. She seems to have the most trouble with rotating/landing the triple lutz.

vCash
    Maybe her flip is prone to being under-rotated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Really? I've thought her flip was quite good actually. She seems to have the most trouble with rotating/landing the triple lutz.
    She seems to tend to pop it/fall on it more often since she fixed the edge change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    She seems to tend to pop it/fall on it more often since she fixed the edge change.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Okay, I see your point. I just remember her falling on the 3Lz at Worlds.

vCash
    Her flip faced some downgrades during 08-09 season, so perhaps that's why they took it out. Also, the point value between a 3loop and 3flip is now just .2 points so perhaps they figure it's not worth the risk any longer. If anything Miki should do two 3loops in her long program instead of two 3toes.

vCash
    I believe the flip has been present in her short programs over the past few seasons (unless I'm wrong), albeit it has been prone to downgrades. I do not see the rationale of doing a flip as a solo jump in the short program, only to leave it out in the long program.

vCash
    While I perfectly understand why she is no longer attempting the 3Flip in the LP, I've never understood why she is still attempting it in the SP.
    Her Loop is definitely better and more consistent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    While I perfectly understand why she is no longer attempting the 3Flip in the LP, I've never understood why she is still attempting it in the SP.
    Until this season 3f was worth a whole half point more than 3lo so she probably did it to have the most competitive jump layout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Well, if she plans to attempt the 3Lz+3Lo, she can't do the 3Lo as her solo jump.

vCash
    She did 3Lz+3Lo in her COC SP and bank 9 point for that combo even with the < and -GEO. I think she will put that combo in the LP as the season goes and by the time major events come, GPF, National, 4CC, World so she cannot put another solo 3Lo in her program. If she nail 3Lz+3Lo, 2A+3T, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz, 3T, 2A+2Lo+2Lo, the jumps content will be pretty competitive even with a <.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Funny thing is, the last time she landed the 3lz+3loop of this quality was 2 years ago at COC too. Only thing is she got full credit for it.

She should replace the flip, her worse jump, for the sal, her best jump IMO.The flip may gain her about a point more, but she likely will not get positive GOE's for it, not to mention, it is wildly inconsistent. She could instead be putting some efforts in trying a variety of entrances and or footwork leading into the salchow to get the quality marks. IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    If she nail 3Lz+3Lo, 2A+3T, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz, 3T, 2A+2Lo+2Lo, the jumps content will be pretty competitive even with a <.
    You have her repeating three triples (3L, 3Lo, 3T), which she cannot do.

She could swap the second Lutz for a flip, but why do that since her Lutz is usually pretty solid and worth more points? Maybe the second toe loop?

vCash
    I thought this thread was about how similar (in boredom ) Ando's programs have been this past 3 seasons

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Maybe because she's been given the same programs for exactly 3 seasons lol...

vCash
    at least her postures seem to have improved. Her gala dress this season reminds me of a wedding dress... I wonder if it's getting close?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    at least her postures seem to have improved. Her gala dress this season reminds me of a wedding dress... I wonder if it's getting close?

That is when an intervention needs to be staged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast