Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Why did Calvin have to tell that he was going to give all of his money to the GMHC if he won? Now I can't hate him as much that I know his partner is dying.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Booo! They gave House of Emerald the win because they want to boot Calvin now that they've made him human. And they didn't want to boot off Jeffery or Cesar.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    BAH! How many languages can I say BAH! in? Eduardo, my eye candy with the pretty ruffles, is GONE. Though to be fair, they well warned him for at least two weeks now. But he did make the pants. And he was PRETTY.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    You've got to be kidding me! How in the hell could Eduardo go home over Calvin?

I agree, Eduard was pretty. His accent was
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    We got ruffle
    We got hunchback
    We got pig

Calvin was a human this week!

vCash
    Still think they're setting us up for a CalCes finale.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Isaac lying that the judging between the two houses was "so close" ... followed closely by the judges wetting themselves with praise over all four Cesar/Jeffrey designs and then later absolutely pummeling House of Nami over their designs. No, it was NOT close ... HoE had four strong designs, pretty much the first good designs in a few weeks for this show.

Aw. I liked Eduardo and wanted him to win. Meanwhile, Dominique's stuff really was cheap and gimmicky looking ... and for chrissakes she put a hunchback down the runway. Nonetheless, ITA with the decision, since our doe-eyed Latin boy has not shown ANY variety, and last night's were his worst effort of the season x 2.

Looks like Calvin and Dom are doing a barefoot meth girls in the snow runway show next week.

vCash
    Ah, Calvin. What will The Soup do for recaps once this season is over?

vCash
    Well, that was interesting. No Cesar in the finale? Weird Danielle in? I don't get it. I guess the producers got so hung up on making sure Calvin would stick around, that they forgot about the clothes. No way Cal/Dan's stuff was better than Ces/Jeff. I'll probably just TiVo next week and FF through it.

vCash
    Calvin's pregnant-in-the-chest design looked like a mash-up of the "Aliens" queen and the villainess in a very bad British TV costume drama. It was the 2nd worse thing I've seen come down a reality show runway (Esosa's washerkini = still #1). Isaac, esp., and the other judges all seemed to agree wholeheartedly. Then, there was Dominique's horrendous unhemmed shorts outfit with the badly wrinkled bedsheet as "shirt" ... inexplicably deemed "young and fresh"(??!!).

Of course they won the challenge! Very very funny television.

Cesar & Jeffrey's collection was sophisticated and interesting if not w/POV. But the judges obviously needed to collude to throw some design under the bus in order to sink Emerald House and move the season's point of interest, Calvin, onward. So it was Cesar's shiny wrap dress. Jeffrey is the designer who has shown the best consistency *plus* ability to design well and inventively. Hopefully, he'll win next week.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 01-19-2011 at 03:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Jeffrey is the designer who has shown the best consistency *plus* ability to design well and inventively. Hopefully, he'll win next week.
    From your keyboard to Bravo's producers. Any other result would be a travesty.

vCash
    Calvin or Dominique should have gone home. The black dress and the white dress were okay, but the other outfits were ghastly. Who would wear that stuff?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Apparantly, the audience that gave Dominique the applause. I do think Calvin and Dominique put on a better show (if you like post-apocalyptic bad sci fy original movies with womb symbology). I could see how in the moment, their show elicited a more visceral reaction, but it was the whole look--the snow on the floor, the pretentious bare feet, the white face paint that produced it rather than the clothes. It was gimmicky, but it worked. I'm sure that if the judges were required to take a day between the show and the judging, they'd have realized that Emerald actually met the challenge better. Jeffery and Cesar's clothes actually moved like and had the rippling effect of water.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    ...It was gimmicky, but it worked. I'm sure that if the judges were required to take a day between the show and the judging, they'd have realized that Emerald actually met the challenge better. Jeffery and Cesar's clothes actually moved like and had the rippling effect of water.
    This. I also think that Nami's color palette was a poor choice. Black, white, and tan? Seriously?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234