Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Yes, I really liked Cesar's first design as well. The second one looked like a big kite
    The second looked like a less refined version of a dress McQueen used a few seasons back.

I love the first look Cesar put out, but I agree that Jeffrey was the clear winner.

I loved Dominique's grunge look other than the collar. I'd actually wear that look myself.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The second looked like a less refined version of a dress McQueen used a few seasons back.
    Ah, thanks. I did like the painted plaid, though.

I love the first look Cesar put out, but I agree that Jeffrey was the clear winner.
    Jeffrey's dress was stunning. And he matched the plaid beautifully! That front seam was impeccable.

I loved Dominique's grunge look other than the collar. I'd actually wear that look myself.
    I liked it too. Do you think it was the collar itself that was wrong, or did it just look like it was pulled back too far? I couldn't decide.

vCash
    Page 6, not a good sign since it's not the "good/juicy" Page Six.

Rocky return. Big mistake to take a week off, I say to nobody in particular, and then come back with these tiresome "Real Housewives" as clients.

Hilariously atrocious gowns all around, except for Calvin's and Eduardo's (Cindy's was praised but not I dunno). Deserved win for the Latin cutie, his third in five or six challenges ... but, c'mon, the boy has done variations of that poofy-shoulder/bare-shoulder dress four times!

I did enjoy Calvin going off (and off and off) -- and shockingly being "everyman" who said everything I'd be thinking about these overly-everything Housewives and the bad bad bad gowns being created around him.

That the auffed girl's Housewife was wearing Spanks while being measured ... and that said auffed girl didn't notice, nor plan for any other "fallout" scenario.

vCash
    Calvin Tran is The Soup's new favorite thing. A new segment (probably recurring as long as he lasts TFS) called, of course, "Here Go Hell Come" ... and this new movie, too!

Tran Legacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Calvin Tran is The Soup's new favorite thing. A new segment (probably recurring as long as he lasts TFS) called, of course, "Here Go Hell Come" ... and this new movie, too!

Tran Legacy
    Wheee! I can't stand Calvin and he's made exactly one good piece of clothing, but he's great reality fodder.

I actually kind of like The Fashion Show this time around. I prefer Project Runway a lot, but Iman is fabulous. I wish she could be a permanent judge on PR instead since she was really good on PR Canada.

vCash
    The Hamptons? You have all sorts of crazy cast-offs and you decide to do resort wear? Though I have learned that lots of black girls go to the Hamptons, and apparantly, they wear orange while they're there.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Oh, this fine disaster of a show. An episode featuring a whole lotta "WTH - that is resort wear?" laced with a whole lotta Calvin drama (The Soup will be pleased). But gotta say that the PBP got things right ... the right winner, the right amount of Cesar praise (I loved that multi-print pant ensemble) and Cesar criticism (yikes, those swimsuits!), and definitely the right elimination ... David's been living on fumes (er, and hormones) for weeks.

Eduardo will win this by default, methinks. Cesar is as talented, but his OTT-ness and "I've been around forever and thus know best" personality will be his demise.

vCash
    I think they're setting us up for a Calvin/Cesar finale. Wonder what the producers have up their sleeves? Calvin for a wtf win guaranteed to get the viewers riled up, or Cesar for a nice guy tamed his "gotta make more stuff" inner demon?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I think they're setting us up for a Calvin/Cesar finale. Wonder what the producers have up their sleeves? Calvin for a wtf win guaranteed to get the viewers riled up, or Cesar for a nice guy tamed his "gotta make more stuff" inner demon?

Totally agree.

vCash
    Well, yeh, Calvin in the finale makes sense. The show's PTB certainly did know what was going to butter their bread this season, namely Calvin ... ergo, they've arranged for Calvin's inclusion in the elimination review a couple of times already despite his being with the winning house.

I at Iman's smackdown of Calvin at the end of the show ... something like "Calvin, if you are so much faster and such a far better designer than everyone else, then why haven't you WON anything yet?"

vCash
    WEIR JUDGING!!!! And it's gay wedding designs! The delusionalness of Calvin has reached epic proportions. Cannot wait to see what Weir has to say...and what horrible, horrible thing he's done to his hair this week.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Got to feel for Cindy, as she really had the deck stacked sky high against her ... first she gets paired with with black widow Calvin, then the two have to dress two gay bears while the other two pairs get to design for nicely sized women.

Piss poor designing overall, again, a point driven home by the fact that the "winning" design was a pattern any 4-H girl could've sewn together (and probably has, although not in linen). But, yeh, if they're judging by the success of the designs, Cindy's horrendous shiny down comforter suit was by FAR FAR FAR the worst of a so-so lot. So the winnowing out was done correctly, I suppose.

Weir was a blank slate of a judge, except for his embarrassing coveting of the flower dohiggy that Eduardo placed on his 50s dress. ("I'd like to rip it off of that dress, and writhe on top of it on the floor" or some such ... just odd.)

There were The Soup clip calibre Calvin moments galore in this episode. Looking forward to the jokes there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Weir was a blank slate of a judge, except for his embarrassing coveting of the flower dohiggy that Eduardo placed on his 50s dress. ("I'd like to rip it off of that dress, and writhe on top of it on the floor" or some such ... just odd.)
    Johnny was really disappointing to me tonight. I'm hoping he'll be a lot more interesting when he is a judge on RuPaul's Drag Race in a few weeks. On the other hand, I despise Rachel Zoe and I thought she was a very good judge.

How about Iman holding Cindy when she was crying tonight? I was surprised, but kind of touched to see her be so kind.

vCash
    I noticed that when they first showed Johnny in the audience, the caption was "Two-time Olympic champion." Someone didn't do their homework...
    Calvin really should have gone home this time. Yes, Cindy's outfit was a mess, but Calvin treated his client like shit and put him in a crappy outfit to boot.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I noticed that when they first showed Johnny in the audience, the caption was "Two-time Olympic champion." Someone didn't do their homework...
    Calvin really should have gone home this time. Yes, Cindy's outfit was a mess, but Calvin treated his client like shit and put him in a crappy outfit to boot.
    IIRC, Isaac introduced him as "two-time Olympian Johnny Weir."

After last night, I think I'm done with this show. I cannot watch another week of Calvin's obnoxious self-aggrandizing and dismissal of others' opinions, including those of his clients'. If I had been in that guy's shoes, I'd have walked off set.
    Last edited by Cyn; 01-05-2011 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    A difficult challenge because the designers had to balance the wishes of the client with good design, even more carefully than usual.

Calvin has an opinion of himself not warranted by anything I've seen.
    In addition he's rude, obnoxious and, judgmental to everyone.

Enough already!
    He doesn't even make for "good TV" anymore

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    IIRC, Isaac introduced him as "two-time Olympian Johnny Weir."

After last night, I think I'm done with this show. I cannot watch another week of Calvin's obnoxious self-aggrandizing and dismissal of others' opinions, including those of his clients'. If I had been in that guy's shoes, I'd have walked off set.
    Isaac got it right, I was talking about what appeared onscreen right before the runway show.
    I'm not sure I can watch any more of Calvin, either. He's got such a toxic personality; it makes the show hard to sit through.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Calvin's eville laugh is just disturbing.
    I can't wait to see The Soup this weekend!

vCash
    I've missed months of wonderful snarking opportunities! I was bitching about Johnny Weir to Prancer and she told me about this thread. In gratitude, I hereby decree I will be nice to her for a day, or, two days perhaps.

Allen, I loved her before, but when I saw how she comforted Cindy, I now adore IMAN! She's a Diva's DIVA. Calvin could take a lesson--if he were capable, which he's not. He's beyond bitchy, he's positive poison. What a miserable SOB. But it's like seeing a train wreck, you hate what you're watching but you can't stop looking.

I kept waiting to see Calvin on the Soup too, here go hell come. Too bad there was so many assholes in line ahead of him, what a shit.

I'm so over Johnny Weir. Could someone please explain to me what qualifications Johnny Weir has to take the mantle arbiter of good taste, sitting in judgement on all things au courant? WTF does he think he is, Martha Stewart's fairy god daughter? He's more like Judgezilla. But judging on RuPaul's? that should be good it would be better if he would be a contestant!

Jeffrey looked so virginal in his flowing white nightgown at the judging, one wonders if he's ISO someone to break him in.

Is anyone watching the Fashion Police or Chelsea Lately?
    Boi Bumba!!!

vCash
    I neeeeed that pink pig purse. I neeeeds it now. Can't wait to see what fugliness they come up with for this challenge. Simon from Barney's is so and He epitomizes there's a fine, fine line between Mondo fabulousness and Calvin wtfeckery.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast