Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

More Tricks than A Hooker: The Fashion Show, the Iman Edition

Oh my. This has epic FAIL written all over it. I cannot wait to see what noxious fashions (and attitudes) these people bring. So far, we have one that doesn't believe in seams and lines, one that likes the "80s in space," and then there's Iman, who has I-am-a-scary-crazy-beyotch-fear-me-plebes written all over her.

This show fills me with snarky glee, and it's only been on for ten minutes.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    It shows potential! Is the producer going to be the Tim-equivalent?

vCash
    Holy crap Emerald Syx's collection was such shite.

Nami was better. And Cesar's dress is

vCash
    I love Iman--she smacks them down fast. I love her business-like viciousness, and I like the concept. Now, if they could just get rid of creepy Isaac. And unlike PR, they got the winning team right.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Yes, they totally got the winner correct. But yet again, the one who brings the drama gets to stay even though he deserved to be aufed.

JOHNNY WEIR!!!!!!

vCash
    After watching the boringness that was PR, I'm glad they kept Calvin. Francine deserved to be in the bottom two, and she was dull, so I'm glad she was auffed. I'll bet Iman would have voted for Mondo and kicked Michael Kors' ass until he agreed.

I'm pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this episode--it looked so fresh compared to PR this past season. I'm glad Bravo thought of a way to reinvent this show without making it another bad copy of PR.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I liked how they encouraged them to put on a show. Iman would rather go naked than wear Gretchen's malaise wear. Plus the graphics at the back of the catwalk were very NKH K & C 2009.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Iman would've smacked Gretchen down. Hard. I would pay to watch that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Iman would've smacked Gretchen down. Hard. I would pay to watch that.
    Iman is super skary. "Gretchen. I've warned you before about your drab, depressing point of view as a designer. Your final collection did NOT MEASURE UP. Leave the runway, NOW, before I kill you with my bare hands for offending my eyes with those hideous garments."
    Last edited by Nomad; 11-11-2010 at 04:32 PM.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Calvin's attitude is awful.
    His ego makes Gretchen seem modest!

His dress was way too OTT.
    Eventually, he'll say somiething that will upset Iman, and be gone.
    He won't know whar hit him.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Iman is super skary. "Gretchen. I've warned before you about your drab, depressing point of view as a designer. Your final collection did NOT MEASURE UP. Leave the runway, NOW, before I kill you with my bare hands for offending my eyes with those hideous garments."
    Is it sick and wrong I want that on Pay-Per-View?

(And does anyone else feel like Iman would come hurt them for calling it 'aufing' therebye indirectly implying she's aping Heidi Klum?)

vCash
    LOVED IT! Entertaining, potentially a good casting job, and -- cough cough Project Runway Season 8 -- they got both the winner and the loser correct.

César seems to be such a sweetheart, genuinely helpful to his Housemates, and confident but not arrogant. Made me when he spoke of losing his lover [to AIDS related complications?]. Made me when he deservedly won the challenge.

I all six House of Nami designs. And none of the other team's. (Speaking of the other team, pompadour boy's "signature" unisex ensemble was an unmitigated, glorioius trainwreck.)

David is a cutie, and also seems sweet. And I like the two gals who own their business together ("Goci", was it?)

Picturing fierce Iman in one of Gretchen's sad brown frocks.

And then picturing Iman smacking down any one of Gretchen's or Ivy's petulant runway "explanations".

vCash
    Kind of interesting that Mizrahi was creative director at Liz Claiborne and Tim Gunn is CEO at LC. The line Mizrahi designed tanked and that division is now only sold on TV. I have read that Tim Gunn is trying to revive the LC brand. But Liz Claiborne, as a corporation, still seems strong, they own or own controlling interest in so many brands that continue to do well, including the grossly over priced and poorly made Juicy Couture.

I like Mizrahi, as a judge, better than Michael Kors. Kors is far more successful as a designer, but he's also more self involved and annoying. Iman is great, but I fear her scary will get old, fast.

vCash
    Wow, it was absolutely Team Gallant vs. Team Goofus, in both skill and taste level and personality. I do like that they have each team develop a show each week, as well as the individual fashions.

Iman is 55. Can you believe it?!? Isaac obviously realizes he can't be the diva this year so he is moving to a more mentor-like role. He's no Tim, but it's better than the role he played last year.

I am sort of dreading the Bravo crossover episodes....I mean, Rachel Zoe makes sense, but the housewives? God, please somebody put an end to those blecherous shows.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I hope they are showing lots of repeats - I missed it and I want to watch.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Iman was the best thing about the show. Otherwise, it was almost as awful as all of last year's episodes of this show.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    César seems to be such a sweetheart, genuinely helpful to his Housemates, and confident but not arrogant. Made me when he spoke of losing his lover [to AIDS related complications?]. Made me when he deservedly won the challenge.
    His partner died of colon cancer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    His partner died of colon cancer.
    Just as horrific a way to go.

vCash
    Love Iman. Seeing her reminded me to look for season 3 of PR Canada, only to be shocked that it was cancelled after season 2. That was a really good show.(even if their season 1 choice of winner was wrong )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Iman was the best thing about the show. Otherwise, it was almost as awful as all of last year's episodes of this show.
    Speaking of Iman...is she still married to David Bowie?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast