Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Eh?
    vCash
    Yeah, I noticed that.

Bryce interviews very well. I really hope that his recovery is successful and that he and Jessica kick butt next year!

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that.

Bryce interviews very well. I really hope that his recovery is successful and that he and Jessica kick butt next year!
    Me too! If only to piss off those trashy superior euro's..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Good Luck to both of them. Knees are hard to rehab; I've had both replaced & I'm no skater. I will miss watching them skate.

vCash
    I watched Jessica skate today. She did well, considering she must have felt so alone and weird on the ice by herself. A few stumbles.. Hopefully she kicks butt during tomorrow's LP!

Loved the interview with Bryce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    I watched Jessica skate today. She did well, considering she must have felt so alone and weird on the ice by herself. A few stumbles.. Hopefully she kicks butt during tomorrow's LP!
    I guess she skated 'well' if 'well' is landing just a 2A and popping the other two jumps in the SP.

In the FS, she landed one triple (a salchow), fell on two jumps, and doubled or singled the rest.

But she finished 7th anyway. I guess the next thing is she will medal at Nationals and go to Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    But she finished 7th anyway. I guess the next thing is she will medal at Nationals and go to Worlds.
    I would hardly equate her seventh place finish with the idea that she'll be propped up to a medal at Nationals. I thought her placement was fair given her obvious advantage in PCS. If anything, it speaks more about how the field in Canadian ladies is still not that deep than about any judging favouritism.

If I were her coaching team, I'd focus on making sure she's landing the salchow more consistently - put it in the short program instead of either the flip or the lutz and maybe not even bother with flip or lutz in the free. Or if she does want to work on the lutz in case she and Bryce want to up their game, focus on lutz and sal only and abandon the flip.

vCash
    Can we add (but not very well) to the end of the thread title??

OMG who would say that? :-o

I fear my snarkiness is level 4 today, but I LOVE Jess's skating and was very sad to see her not do as well as she could at the challenge. Glad she'll be at Nats, and I think she will pull herself together by then and do well. Probably won't make the world team, but she has nothing to prove in singles, really. She's a world medalist, and I admire her for finding a way to keep practicing her skills while Bryce is in recovery.

vCash
    I guess she skated 'well' if 'well' is landing just a 2A and popping the other two jumps in the SP.

In the FS, she landed one triple (a salchow), fell on two jumps, and doubled or singled the rest.

Hahaha. I'm calling your snark a Lv4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I would hardly equate her seventh place finish with the idea that she'll be propped up to a medal at Nationals. I thought her placement was fair given her obvious advantage in PCS. If anything, it speaks more about how the field in Canadian ladies is still not that deep than about any judging favouritism.

If I were her coaching team, I'd focus on making sure she's landing the salchow more consistently - put it in the short program instead of either the flip or the lutz and maybe not even bother with flip or lutz in the free. Or if she does want to work on the lutz in case she and Bryce want to up their game, focus on lutz and sal only and abandon the flip.
    Ummm... I believe the sal is already in her short program (which she popped)... she's doing the lutz in her combo I believe, so there is no flip in her short.

She has landed beautiful flips and lutzes in the past though, I really hope she does get them back consistently and does well at nationals, though I'm not too hopeful

vCash
    I really admire her for continuing while Bryce is recovering, it must be very difficult for her physically and emotionally. I hope she does well.

vCash
    Jessica really did drop the ball on jumps, but I thought she has been for a couple years now, so that's nothing new.

But her skating compared to the girls who'd come before here was so much better, despite the jumps-- so fast, smooth, elegant, etc.. She didn't place top 5 with that program, but 7th seems fair considering the competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I really admire her for continuing while Bryce is recovering, it must be very difficult for her physically and emotionally. I hope she does well.
    ITA. thats a girl with a lot of courage! Go Jess!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    Ummm... I believe the sal is already in her short program (which she popped)... she's doing the lutz in her combo I believe, so there is no flip in her short.
    The report I read said she singled the flip, but you're right now that I checked the protocol.

vCash

Yes I'm expecting that, too. Lepisto's 3 triples and inferior skating skills are the new world standard for a medal. Jess is right on track...

Btw is it me or would you say Lepisto is what Nicole Watt would have become if she turned out? I mean...short strokes...stiff back...busy upper body with arms flailing about lookin pretty 'n' all but nicely rushed so as not to have any relation to the music?

Watt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg4t7L4Gyfc

Lepisto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQHn8G8eNmY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Yes I'm expecting that, too. Lepisto's 3 triples and inferior skating skills are the new world standard for a medal. Jess is right on track...

Btw is it me or would you say Lepisto is what Nicole Watt would have become if she turned out? I mean...short strokes...stiff back...busy upper body with arms flailing about lookin pretty 'n' all but nicely rushed so as not to have any relation to the music?

Nicole Watt - now that's a name I haven't "heard" in quite a while. I did enjoy watching her compete the couple of times I saw her.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Lepisto's 3 triples and inferior skating skills are the new world standard for a medal.
    Can you please enhance my learning of the sport by telling me precisely what he she got credit for that he she didn't do? Or this this purely an uninformed opinion based on who you like and don't like?

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...3&postcount=61

Creating drama!

vCash

Nicole Watt had juvenile arthritis, which was ultimately the reason she stopped skating, which is too bad, she was a little spitfire.

vCash

Lepisto can be somewhat boring, but the Watt comparison was pushing it. I'm never leaving my Finland scarf at home ever again.

vCash
    Time to take off the Lepisto-hate-colored glasses...Lepisto can be boring to some, but comparing her stroking to Nicole Watt's is like saying Pechalat & Bourzat and Blanc/Loup-Bouquet have similar skating skills. An overall style or impression is *not* interchangeable with actual skating skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mapleleafsk8fan View Post
    Nicole Watt had juvenile arthritis, which was ultimately the reason she stopped skating, which is too bad, she was a little spitfire.
    Nicole Watt competed at challenge this past weekend under her married name Nicole Yam. She placed 32nd

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast