Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    Dube has all triples up to lutz, no? Her speed and carriage are superior to most Canadian ladies barring Rochette, so she should be in contention.
    Dube does not have all the triples. She has never had a 3toe or a 3loop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    That's a shame then. When a girl lands her flip and lutz, you just assume she has all the lesser triples.

vCash
    I wish Brice a speedy and complete recovery.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Now she has time to focus on them. GO JESSICA!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I think she has had the 3T in her LPs before though. Just never got them done very well. Wouldn't be surprised if she has landed it.

3L, though...yeah, never heard of her attempting that one. Fortunately though in this day and age you don't need all your triples to medal at worlds....sigh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiquitaBanana View Post
    Is that the dress she lent Joannie for the Olympics Ex?
    (random observation, yeah...but I"m random...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Is that the dress she lent Joannie for the Olympics Ex?
    (random observation, yeah...but I"m random...)
    I was just thinking the same thing! I'm sure it is.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing! I'm sure it is.
    Yes, this is the dress...Jessica had also been using this dress for the "On Fire" exhibition with Bryce, so she had it with her. I imagine Joannie had been planning on doing her "Objection Tango" number before...I know she said she'd had a different program planned (different from the "Vole" one she skated) and that with the passing of her mother it was no longer appropriate.

vCash
    I wonder if Jess will work with Josee Chouinard again on choreography (Josee did her "Patch Adams" SP from 2008). I always LOVED Josee's skating and I really enjoy her choreography.

vCash
    I imagine Joannie had been planning on doing her "Objection Tango" number before...I know she said she'd had a different program planned (different from the "Vole" one she skated) and that with the passing of her mother it was no longer appropriate.
    Wasn't the program Joannie was originally going to do was "Die Another Day" from Madonna?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    Wasn't the program Joannie was originally going to do was "Die Another Day" from Madonna?
    oh, I just assumed it was the Shakira number since she had been performing this as her exhibition piece throughout the season. but I do not know for sure. btw, I loved the Madonna piece, too--I saw it live at SOI and was so impressed by how Jo could move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiquitaBanana View Post
    Thanks for the link. Another random observation: Jessica skated to UoC the same season V/M used it for their FD.

vCash
    Speedy recovery for Bryce.

Does anyone else think that Canada might be hard pressed to keep 2 pairs spots after next year's Worlds?

vCash
    While I certainly wish Dube the best with whatever she decides in terms of singles or pairs, my heart really goes out to Davison. Osteochondritis dissecans definitely has the potential to be career-ending, especially if the bone chip was significant - and it sounds like it was. If he really has OCD, it's more than the 1 chip that is of concern - it is a degenerative bone disease that means the possibility of more chips exists, the bone may well not grow back in properly & associated cartilage damage is a serious concern because cartilage basically doesn't grow back. I didn't notice which leg it was, but if it's his landing leg - and it usually is - I would bet there is a lot of uncertainty about whether he'll be able to jump again. I'm way over-simplifying what OCD is, but healing is less likely once the growth plates are closed, and the long-term limitations can be greater than skating. We need to send all the postive healing vibes his way that we can!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Speedy recovery for Bryce.

Does anyone else think that Canada might be hard pressed to keep 2 pairs spots after next year's Worlds?
    The best chance is to send MT/M and D/R to worlds. Both these teams can tech their way to top 10s.

Let's see what kind of PCS MT/M pull at SA. If they are 6.5 or higher and they qualify for GPF you'll see this team rise up on the judges cards to throw them solidly in the mix for top 8 at worlds.

For Meagan, I'm anticipating she'll do much better at nats. Yes the girl gets nervous but she's aggressive. She'll at least rotate all her triples. She's not afraid to go down. I think over time they'll be fine; just putting too much pressure on themselves to storm out of the gate and be the new "it" team, methinks.

vCash
    Found the rule that likely applies to Jessica’s bye:

http://www.patinage.qc.ca/doc/pdf/00...7_May%2027.pdf

2.9 PAIR SKATERS AND ICE DANCERS REQUESTING SINGLES BYE
    THROUGH A CHALLENGE SECTIONAL COMPETITION: Pair skaters and
    ice dancers wishing to compete in singles at Challenge must qualify in singles at
    Sectionals and
    must specifically request in writing in order to be considered for a
    singles bye through Challenge Sectional Competitions. An unedited videotape of short and free programs must accompany this request. A singles bye for pair skaters and ice dancers is not automatic. Each case will be considered on an individual basis.

3L, though...yeah, never heard of her attempting that one. Fortunately though in this day and age you don't need all your triples to medal at worlds....sigh
    She might be working on the 3loop now. Bryce’s injury occurred on a 3loop attempt when they were in a monitoring session with Petra Burka. Doubtful that he was practicing it because he plans to resurrect his solo career.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sk8 View Post
    While I certainly wish Dube the best with whatever she decides in terms of singles or pairs, my heart really goes out to Davison. Osteochondritis dissecans definitely has the potential to be career-ending, especially if the bone chip was significant - and it sounds like it was. If he really has OCD, it's more than the 1 chip that is of concern - it is a degenerative bone disease that means the possibility of more chips exists, the bone may well not grow back in properly & associated cartilage damage is a serious concern because cartilage basically doesn't grow back. I didn't notice which leg it was, but if it's his landing leg - and it usually is - I would bet there is a lot of uncertainty about whether he'll be able to jump again. I'm way over-simplifying what OCD is, but healing is less likely once the growth plates are closed, and the long-term limitations can be greater than skating. We need to send all the postive healing vibes his way that we can!!!
    It is his landing leg unfortunately. But, no one in the D&D camp seems to be pushing the panic button quite yet, so we can hope that it is restricted to just the one lesion (albeit a big one!) and that the graft will be successful. In addition to the MRI results, his surgeon would have been able to do a really good inspection of the surrounding bone since the procedure was open, and there don’t seem to be any other worrisome findings at this time, based on what has been communicated to the media anyway. But who knows? ITA about the positive healing vibes though!
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I will hope that you are right, shutterbug, & keep fingers crossed for a full recovery.
    If anyone is interested, here is some general inforamtion about OCD:
    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/89718-overview

vCash
    That's so weird about Bryce and the 3L attempt. Wouldn't have expected this team to attempt that.

The only two triples they both have are salchow and lutz.

After they added the 3Tw I expected their jumping elements to upgrade for Vancouver to
    3Z
    3S+2A+SEQ

I was wrong...but yeah who knows?
    When Jess skated singles she was also doing pairs so she didn't have time to drill all elements. So, now that she's training singles full time maybe she's able to drill all five triples and not just focus on the 3 she was better at.

I would think she can make the national team at nats. I can't think Charbonneau and Szmiett are mounting much of a charge to block her out. With her skating skills and maybe landing 3 triples assuming one is a lutz or flip she can hit top 5 easily. This will set her up to ensure funding for next year and give her some assignments internationally. All that would mean she has a skating career option while she evaluates her future in pairs.

Let's take that one step further. Skate Canada should send her to 4CC in place of the 3rd place finisher at nats (if she doesn't make top 3) to get her some ISU points!

vCash
    Let's take that one step further. Skate Canada should send her to 4CC in place of the 3rd place finisher at nats (if she doesn't make top 3) to get her some ISU points!
    Can SC do that?

It seems very unfair to the 3rd place finisher, if it isn't Dube.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast