Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    Scott doesn't have the build to do pairs; he's way too short! I think I saw him doing a double (maybe triple?) jump during practice for 2010 Worlds Ex on YouTube. I'm not sure whether Jessica does dance though; aren't the skills involved very different from pairs?!
    It was double

vCash
    While i am sorry for Bryce, part of me thinks that competing singles again might be what Jess needs to improve her confidence in her jumps. She's been very hit or miss for the last few seasons.

Quite frankly, she hasn't looked like she's been enjoying herself out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    Dube has all triples up to lutz, no? Her speed and carriage are superior to most Canadian ladies barring Rochette, so she should be in contention.
    No, none of her triples are consistent, not even the sal in competition, there is a very big difference in having them consistent enough to put two in a program, and landing them only half the time in practice and attempting to put it in your program. Though, the Canadian ladies field isn't the strongest, Cynthia, Amelie, and Myriane with a normal program for them (not a meltdown), will place ahead of Dube if she skates like she usually does as well. And then we have other junior ladies that also have even more consistent triples than many of the senior ladies, though she will have the advantage with the PCS.

vCash
    Too bad about Bryce. That really sucks that he is out for the entire season. I think that it takes a lot of courage for Jessica to jump back into singles. Maybe she isn't looking to get to Worlds, maybe she just wants to skate because she loves it. I agree that its a great idea to get back some confidence in her jumping ability.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    [Moved to correct thread]
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 11-09-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    ^^^^ ???????

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    ^^^^ ???????
    Sorry, I had two open threads and posted to the wrong one.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Sigh... Best of luck to Bryce in his recovery and Jessica in her singles skating.

vCash
    Really sad for them. Wish a speed recovery to Bryce and can't wait to watch Jessica in singles, because she's great in singles from what I remember(2006-2008 Nationals).

vCash
    What devastating news for an athlete. That sounds like a long recovery. Good luck to him on a strong recovery, and to her on a new endeavor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    While i am sorry for Bryce, part of me thinks that competing singles again might be what Jess needs to improve her confidence in her jumps. She's been very hit or miss for the last few seasons.

Quite frankly, she hasn't looked like she's been enjoying herself out there.
    I agree, I think this is a great idea and could help her feel more comfortable out there. I seem to recall her landing a nice triple lutz-double toe combo in the SP in 2008, and I think she may just need the time this season to jump, jump, and jump some more to get that confidence and feel for her jumps back. I also love watching her--her "Les Parapluies de Cherbourg" program is especially lovely...I like the subtleties and those quiet moments she creates. I also really like her "Patch Adams" program. I wish her the best of luck this season and look forward to watching her. and of course my thoughts are with Bryce. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for him (for them both) and I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 11-10-2010 at 07:08 AM.

vCash
    I hope he recovers soon, they are still young. I hope she stays in shape and likes skating alone until he can join her again.

vCash
    From Jessica Dubé's wiki page:
    In addition to pair skating, she also competed in singles until 2008. Her highest finish in the senior ladies' event at the Canadian Championships was 6th in 2008; internationally, she was a medalist at two junior Grand Prix events.
    Trivia question: Does anyone remember which two JGPs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Trivia question: Does anyone remember which two JGPs?
    Dube won bronze medals at JGP Mexico 2003 and JGP China 2004.

vCash
    Do Cody Hay and Jessica Dube live and train near each other?

Because maybe it would make sense for both of them to do some skating together, whilst he's looking for a partner and she's waiting for Davison to heal, to keep their pair skills in shape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Do Cody Hay and Jessica Dube live and train near each other?

Because maybe it would make sense for both of them to do some skating together, whilst he's looking for a partner and she's waiting for Davison to heal, to keep their pair skills in shape.

I'm pretty sure Cody lives and trains in/near Barrie and Jessica is in Quebec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by margiemo View Post
    Maybe Jessica can skate with Cody Hay he's looking for a partner.
    I had wondered this after I read an article on CBC's website during Skate Canada that a source said Bryce's injury could be career ending.

Dube doesn't have a 3toe though, and Hay maybe looking for a girl who has both 3sal and 3toe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katta View Post
    I'm pretty sure Cody lives and trains in/near Barrie and Jessica is in Quebec.
    Yes, but I think Dube would do well to get a new coach/perspective.

vCash
    IIRC, Jessica's best jump his her 3 lutz.
    Skate Canada passed a rule the year after, banning skater from skating only the SP.
    Last edited by ChiquitaBanana; 11-09-2010 at 10:59 PM.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npMVqR81vMI

She had a car accident in December before Canadians, thus the taping.

Jessica did win the Coupe de Nice in juniors in 2002.
    Last edited by ChiquitaBanana; 11-09-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Got my facts straight! :)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast